FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Warranty

Post Date: 2012-03-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tju76 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tju76 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Warranty
    Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 9:51am
Sorry if i am posting this in the wrong place but i couldn't see where else to put it.

My question is if DS covers shipping  of the computer both ways if there is a defect with the product etc, and if so does this last for the entire warranty period or just like the first 30 days or something
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 10:09am
DS covers shipping both ways for the first 30 days, after that it is about $200 from posts I've read.

If you do have a defective part, say gpu, psu,etc Ds will ship it to you, you pay shipping, and let you do it yourself if you like.  Most parts are easy to swap.  They talk you through it over the phone or ask us on the forums. 

Remember, the 3 year warranty is 1 year parts.   
surf71zx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote surf71zx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 11:38pm
If shipping it back past the 30 day period for warranty repairs or upgrades the total is $300.00 you pay up front. Its $150.00 each way. I know, I paid it to have my system upgraded to CRYO-TEC. 
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 10:41am
All of the details on our warranty is on the warranty page (http://www.digitalstormonline.com/warranty.asp) and also on the "More Info" link next to the warranty plan on the configurator.

Basically, shipping costs are covered if you have any issues within the first 30 days of delivery. Depending on where you live, your system weight, and value of system for insurance, it can be $65 each way or even up to $150 for the actual computer. For parts, it's $15-$25 each way depending on the item and value.

For the defective part replacement warranty, here's the details from the "More Info" link on the configurator on the 3 year warranty plan:

The "Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty" includes the following benefits:

1. Life-time access to our expert customer support team for all kinds of computer issues.

2. Three years of labor free warranty service including labor costs for part replacements, tune ups, and diagnostics.

3. One year of direct defective part replacement service directly from Digital Storm's inventory. After the first year, Digital Storm will help replace any defective parts for the customer as long as those parts are still under warranty with the manufacture. Certain components are covered usually from 3-5 years from the manufacture.

4. Life-time access to labor free upgrades or the option for any customer to make upgrades to their Digital Storm system without voiding the warranty.

Edited by Alex - 16 Mar 2012 at 10:41am
 Post Reply Post Reply