FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What happens if you choose no hard drive?

Post Date: 2012-05-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
isaidicanshout View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote isaidicanshout Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: What happens if you choose no hard drive?
    Posted: 09 May 2012 at 4:01pm
Just wondering, what happens if you choose "no thanks" on all hard drive options? I can't remove the OS from the system, so do you just receive a packaged version on the side? Is the system tested with an existing hard drive and then shipped without one? Is the system assembled but not tested because there is no boot drive?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 May 2012 at 5:41pm
We use a DS hard drive, but, honestly, I would at least pick a cheap basic drive, they aren't that expensive and allows us to fully test a system for you.
isaidicanshout View Drop Down

Quote isaidicanshout Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2012 at 10:22am
well i would ideally use a 128GB SSD, except if the base 500GB HD is $114 and the 120 SSD is +$96 then that means your 120 SSD is $210 when I could get a 128GB Crucial M4 for $125.

obviously things cost a bit more when they're professionally handled and installed, and i'm fine with that because you're known for quality builds, but that's a very significant price hike for a component that doesn't require the finesse of an overclocked CPU or GPU.
z3r0 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote z3r0 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 May 2012 at 7:01pm
you could get an SSD later and just clone the main drive to it. Get a storage drive as a primary for the build, clone to your SSD and then use the HD as a secondary afterwards... 
 Post Reply Post Reply