FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why is there no more free content on the Wii?

Post Date: 2011-01-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cinnamond View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cinnamond Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Why is there no more free content on the Wii?
    Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 1:15am
There was once a time where Nintendo, admirably, seemed to do all they could to make the Wii on a par with its competitors (ie, Xbox360, PS3) with regard to downloadable content on music games such as the Guitar Hero and Rock Band series.

Particularly I remember free songs being made available in both series, when the same was done for the other consoles. Off the top of my head, there were the following:

Guitar Hero: An Endless Sporadic - Anything, Sworn - Electro-Rock, 3-track Reggae rock pack, Stan Bush - The Touch
Rock Band: 20 free songs released to coincide with Rock Band 2, such as Between The Buried And Me - Prequel to the Sequel, The Chevelles - Get It On, Kutless - The Feeling. And in a separate instance, Jonathan Coulton w/ Glados - Still Alive.

But now, it seems Nintendo has had enough of this tiny proportion of available content being free. There must be very, very few people who would ONLY download the free content, without also buying Wii points and downloading others as well. I've downloaded at least 500 songs for these games. At about 200 Wii Points a track (on average), that's several hundred pounds' worth of Wii points I've bought.

It seems really rubbish to me that to go alongside the literally thousands of songs available, Nintendo don't want to be able to offer the occasional batch of free songs. For instance, the Guitar Hero 5 'Neversoft Thanks The Fans' pack which was released for Xbox360 and PS3 - not for the Wii. Neversoft clearly wanted to thank the fans, but Nintendo didn't care about them.

Now there is a free pack being released for Rock Band 3 on the other consoles consisting of songs that were on Rock Band 2 which weren't included in the export into Rock Band 3. I've paid to export Rock Band 2. Virtually everyone who has both games probably has as well. So why can we not have the rest of the songs?

Even if you made them available for 100 Wii Points, you'd still be making money from it. But you wouldn't be making the users of your console that we bought from you in the first place feel like second-class gamers.

I've owned my Nintendo Wii for nearly 3 years now and for about two and a half of them, I've wished I'd bought an Xbox360 instead. And it's mainly because of the shoddy treatment of the users in ways like this. We don't expect the console to perform as well as its rivals - that's not what the Wii is here for. But we do expect to be treated in the same way as anyone else and I feel incredibly let down by Nintendo's frustrating decisions.
Cinnamond View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cinnamond Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 1:25am
who can tell me ?

---------------------------
cheap ps3 controller

cheapest xbox controller

wii controller best price

Post Reply Post Reply