FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why should I purchase from Digital Storm?

Post Date: 2008-12-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  123 9>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Why should I purchase from Digital Storm?
    Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 1:10pm
Why should I purchase my computer from Digital Storm instead of the competitors?

Let’s break it down on why Digital Storm is your best choice for your next gaming pc:

i. Customer Service & Support: Digital Storm understands the importance of customer support when you need it most. We don’t stop helping our customers until they are fully satisfied. We treat your problems as ours. Our technicians are gamers and enthusiasts and have the knowledge and experience to get you exactly what you want. Don’t forget, every system comes with a 3 year Warranty, and Life-time U.S. Based tech support.

ii. Proven Track Record: From our community of hard core gamers, knowledgeable enthusiasts, and past customers to award winning reviews and media presence. Since 2001, it’s clear that Digital Storm knows how to build a fine-tuned monster gaming machine.

iii. Extensive Quality Control: Our staff takes pride in the products we build and service and it is reflected in the systems that leave our facility. To ensure every product leaves our facility flawless, every procedure is double checked by two separate individuals. Our units are tested extensively with the most demanding software utilities and games.

iv. Overall Value: It’s not just the price of the components that you need to look for; it’s also the customer service, support, and quality that come along with it. With Digital Storm you truly get a great deal. You get a great gaming pc from a top system builder at a great price with an excellent customer care package.

v. Us over Them: Digital Storm isn’t here to sell the lowest priced systems and cut corners on quality and customer support. We bring the best of both worlds into one. The choice is clear; Digital Storm provides the best quality, customer service, and performance for our customers without charging a high premium like some of our competitors do.

However, not only that, don't just take our word for it, read honest reviews by our very own customers here: http://www.digitalstormonline.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=15

Cheers,
Alex 

Edited by Alex - 21 Dec 2008 at 1:38pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 1:23pm
vi. Peace of mind.

Edited by DST4ME - 18 Dec 2008 at 1:23pm
scaner View Drop Down

Quote scaner Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 11:44pm
bradesco View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bradesco Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 9:00am
vii. Customization: You not only have the choice of what you find on this site... You can pick any product you find on newegg.com or any other computer site and DSO will order it (you may have to pay shipping) and add it to your rig. You arent just limited to what is on the sight like most other "custom" PC builders.
HAF 932
LC i7 Extreme 965 OC'd 4.0
ASUS Rampage II
6GB DDR3 1600 OCZ
1000W PSU
GTX 260 x2
300GB Vraptor
stilkster View Drop Down

Quote stilkster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 8:25pm
A great investment that you know you can upgrade and have great support in the future.
950Si 1000W PSU QX9650 4.0GHz 790i 8GB 1600MHz Dominator DHX 2x GTX 280
LC Dual Loop CPU/Dual Card
toffe2 View Drop Down

Quote toffe2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 5:42am
CoolAngry, maybe I will buy one, hearing some really nice stuff from othersOuch.

Choose your destiny.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 1:13pm
If you want the most for your money and a company that will bend over back-wards to make you happy, then this is the only place
Dsnewb210 View Drop Down

Quote Dsnewb210 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 12:21am

The biggest reason you should spend your hard earned dollar with Digital Storm is there willingness to go an extra mile beyond the extra mile they have already went. Ouch

I talked to one of there customer support reps/techs today on the phone and i was very impressed with the level of support i recieved.

Dog Lover View Drop Down

Quote Dog Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jan 2009 at 9:38pm
I have had my rig for a year now and couldn't be happier.  Sadly, mine did arrive at my door with a major buggy mother board and I had to send it back.  Was I upset...yup.  But, did Alex and the rest get it fixed and later over night it back to me, YES. 

Has it preformed well every since and even exceeded my expectations?  Yes.

Bottom line, I am a very demanding customer no matter what I buy.  I want only the best and I am hard to please and am a sales staffs worst nightmare.

I can tell you this... DSO has me as a customer for life and I recommend them to anyone I know looking for a new, custom rig.
Extreme Case
850 Watt Thermaltake
Qx6850 3.0 Ghz (stock speed)
780i Motherboard
4 G, 1066 RAM
2X SLI GTX 260, 896
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Thermoelectric Liquid Chilled
Windows 7,64b
smulla View Drop Down

Quote smulla Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jan 2009 at 3:06pm
Thanks I will definitely give this place a shot in a few years when my old rig dies. 
mam1744 View Drop Down

Quote mam1744 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 12:03pm

5 days after my rig arrived  it is still as awsome as the day it arrived ,,

ds is competitivly priced , i have checked  all  major game builders .  what

i found most  unusual is that my system was packed with the utmost care ... and a list of all test run where enclosed..

if my rig is an example of  there work  .. they are a great team  to buy from

marc
it's better to be lucky then smart
JKcomputerisgood View Drop Down

Quote JKcomputerisgood Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 4:13am
What will make me buy from DSO again is how my computer still works even after a long shipping journey.
I got my box and it looked like the shipping guys took it for a bobsled ride down a row of tires and then stopped it with a fishing hook then decided to do their math homework on it.
After I saw that I was almost sure there would be some kind of problem. Got the comp, put bios on default and ran last good config and it worked very good from there.
Been running it on left4dead, WoW and soon Crysis. I have it on 30 percent of it's power on balanced mode and still trucks through with the highest settings.
It's an awesome machine because of awesome building/packaging.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 4:21am
Thank you for letting us know, its always good to hear other customers experiences.

what GPU and OS do you have? or better yet any chance of your own review and pics and OC specs and such?

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2009 at 2:33pm
You think you have found better place but you will learn your lesson when you get your PC and its not all its suppose to be, what place has the same quality and price that is cheaper? I know all the PC builders and there is not one that has better prices and bents over backward to satisfy the customer.

if money is all you worry about then go ahead and waste your money with those other cheaper places, but once you realize why they are so cheap and lack quality, don't come crying to us

the price of nothing has gone up, if you look hard enough you will see what is going on.

BTW you have been following DS for years and this is your first post? are we suppose to believe that?

Edited by DST4ME - 12 Apr 2009 at 2:33pm
scaner View Drop Down

Quote scaner Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2009 at 9:32pm
Yes, I'm agree with DST4ME. DS is SUPPER!!!
GTO - Cooler Master HAF 932 Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz/oc 3.4 (1333MHz FSB)
(12MB Cache)
NVIDIA 780i Core 2 Quad Chipset: nForce 780i SLI Vista64/Samsung 2233BW

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 1GB
modern_outlaw76 View Drop Down

Quote modern_outlaw76 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2009 at 10:54pm
yea d/s may be higher than some. butttttttt you get a well built machine. also the support and customer service is priceless !!!!!!!!Ermm
Kraven View Drop Down

Quote Kraven Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 4:51pm
Hello to all, i am a new customer to Digital Storm, and just recently ordered a new PC from you.Matter of fact, as of this post,was ordered yesterday :) I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the system, and your sales representative was very helpful to me. (Patient is more like it) and answered my questions without problem. I had been researching several PC companies for what i felt was the right choice,both in the system i wanted, and the level of care i would receive. I had finally broken down my choices between Digital Storm and Cyberpower. I believe i made the right choice, from reading customer reviews, and from the apparent level of commitment your company has towards it's customers. I thank you for your time and will write a review of my new system once i have tested it out.  Thank you. Kraven

Edited by Kraven - 17 Jun 2009 at 4:53pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 5:10pm
Welcome aboard, I'm glad you bought here cause comparing cyberpower to DS is like comparing a rock to a diamond
Kraven View Drop Down

Quote Kraven Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 5:19pm
Thank you DST4ME, i appreciate it. I believe i did make the right choice, and cannot wait to receive my new comp and test it out. I have been a hardcore gamer for years,( i played on a commodore 64 way back when) and the system i use now was built by myself, so i am no stranger to the inner workings of a computer. I have no doubts i will very happy with the DS PC when it arrives
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 5:24pm
yup can't wait for your review, so what did you get?
Kraven View Drop Down

Quote Kraven Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 5:38pm
Cooler Master HAF 932 case I7 920 PCU overclocked to 3.33ghz (liquid cooled) 6GB ram,Nvidia GTX 285 video card with (2GB) 750 watt PSU, and WD 1 TB hard drive
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 5:40pm
I would change the 285 to a 275 since the difference is 4 fps but the cost of the 285 is much higher. drop the 1TB HDD and go with a veloci instead or a ssd, much faster and better seektime.

Edited by DST4ME - 17 Jun 2009 at 5:46pm
Kraven View Drop Down

Quote Kraven Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 5:53pm
well, i purchased 1 of the pre-configured systems, (power and value on home page) as my funds are limited. However, i will be able to upgrade in the future as needed, so will probably add a higher watt PSU in the future for SLI. Also, i will probably add a SSD in the future as well,but the system should hold me in good stead for the time being. Thanks for the tips:)
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 6:22pm
I see OK then, its still nice system, good luck
Zardoz8719 View Drop Down

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Kraven

well, i purchased 1 of the pre-configured systems, (power and value on home page) as my funds are limited. However, i will be able to upgrade in the future as needed, so will probably add a higher watt PSU in the future for SLI. Also, i will probably add a SSD in the future as well,but the system should hold me in good stead for the time being. Thanks for the tips:)

It's great to see people taking advantage of the new line up of systems/discounts DSO and Alex put together...  Hug  Welcome to the extended family...Ermm
jean luc picard View Drop Down

Quote jean luc picard Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 10:53am
There were several differant factors that ultimately led me to buy a DS computer.I literally researched ten computer manufacturers by cross referencing them with the better business bureau and looked into customer reviews both on the manufacturers web site and additional web sites.Digital storm was the only computer manufacturer that had an A+ rating with the B.B.B.Now common sense told me right then and there that you dont get a rating like that by screwing over your customers.Then i started reading customer reviews from all the computer manufacturers.Most but not all of the manufacturers reviews that i read were literally horror stories.When i read the reviews from digital storm,(it was like a breath of fresh air).Those reviews were made by happy,satisfied customers who were very content with thier purchass.Next i liked the discounts that digital storm offers,and lets not forget the three year warrenty.Another thing that i admire of digital storm is thier employee's who are willing to help you out,and go that extra mile when you really need them.I feel that i made a educated decision by choosing digital storm for my gaming computer manufacurer.I also feel confident and safe with the digital storm brand.

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 11:38am
@jean luc picard....

By GOLLY...there's a bunch of us here that feel you made the right--only--decision...we all concur.  Ermm 
You're not the only one to take the time/effort to make a thorough assessment and compare other computer companies to DSO...what can I say--it's an eye opener.

Too true...the three-year contract is worth taking into consideration...and the choice of 4 and 5-year can bring real peace of mind.  Hug

Edited by Zardoz8719 - 18 Jun 2009 at 11:40am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 11:51am
BBB rating, customer satisfaction, quality parts, best prices, fantastic workmanship, and customer service is what brought me here

Edited by DST4ME - 18 Jun 2009 at 11:52am
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 9:57pm
A super product, great company, & a family of fellow customers to make sure your new beast does what you want it to do!!!!!!!!

Ermm
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
jkornhiser View Drop Down

Quote jkornhiser Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 2:19pm

Just got done ordering a very basic pre-configured model to replace my 7 year old PC that bit the dust.

I initially had browsed the DS options a couple of weeks ago because they did a stellar job two years ago with a custom build I ordered for my brother for Christmas. Incidentally he came to me a couple of months ago with some problems with his computer, and I wasn't even aware that there was a Restore DVD included with the computer. What a pleasant surprise that was! Restored his computer to the factory install with little intervention, no headaches, and about 2 hours of time (mostly waiting for it to restore).

I bypassed DS this time with the mis-perception that they only had 3-4k options available currently and I didn't really need a high end gaming PC. What a mistake. I ordered a computer from Dell, it came in with a damaged case, and the quality was pathetic. Trying to get decent support proved a battle, so I returned it.

Next up I gave Cyber Power a shot......another huge mistake. Took 3 weeks for them to get it to me, and it wouldn't power up at all. I tried to get in touch with them on a weekend, only to find out later that they took Thursday-Sunday off for the July 4th Holiday. Being I have no tolerance for MIA support, I just shipped their computer back and cancelled the order. they never answer their phones, even on weekdays.

I then came back around to DS and much to my surprise, they do have lower end models and I found a preconfigured deal that was right up my alley. After placing the order, I quickly realized that I had committed an oversight with respect to the Operating System. I needed Vista with Remote Desktop for work and side jobs, but I ended up with Premium (no RDP). I filled out their online form and James called me back very quickly. Not only did he respond, but he went ahead and checked with his supervisor in advance, and for a nominal fee, agreed to upgrade the O/S on my purchase.

That's what I call customer service. I get a great warranty, US based support, a restore DVD, fast response. Very nice DS, very nice indeed Confused
-JohnK
MCSE, CCNA, BSIT
Systems Administrator

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 4:19pm
You're not alone.  There are plenty of "walking wounded" here with PTSD...and the scars of lesser Quality/Service orientated computer companies.  DSO's got your back. Ermm

Edited by Zardoz8719 - 07 Jul 2009 at 4:19pm
Byrner View Drop Down

Quote Byrner Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 10:30pm

2 years ago, my brother bought a custom PC from cyberpower. For one year this 2.7k machine did not preform like it should have. Bad quailty 110%. Than, One year down the line, It won't turn on. "No big deal" my brother says "I'll just call customer service and they'll fix it." Well, guess what. He sent it in and they sent it ack saying it was "fixed" but the thing was still borken. Pissed mt brother calls them up and they say "Nope we definatly fixed it." Aparently not. So my brother practicly rips this guy a new a-hole, but still, no results. You can imagine what happen nexted. Well, actually, your wrong. We gave the thing a burial, I kid you not.

Anyway, heart broken, my brother needed a new PC, and, on a whim, his roommate had just bought a new DS PC for 1.9k. The computer not alonly outpreformed my brothers old PC, but still runs like new today.So my brother buys a new DS PC. Hes so happy he doesn't slepp for 2 days. It not only came a day early, but had been unscraced and it made he so happy, he stayed up for another 2 days (lol).

So the moral of the story is Buy DS. Be happy.

Well now its my turn.My budget is 1.7k ish. The model I'm looking at is . 306089 . Perfent for my price, and also the colors will make my friends envy it. Any recomondations for what I should get or change about it. I have looked into it and I think it suit me well. (the space on the harddrive doesn''t matter to much, I use my family PC for anything other than gaming, the games i like the most are TF2, Portal, HL2, L4D, to name a few)

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 5:52am
@ Byrner....   We're glad to have you--and your brother.  Welcome aboard.

First, it would be best if you put your information/possible configuration in/under the "Configuration Discussion" category--you'll get more help and better exposure there--and it will be just your thread/posts.

Again, good luck...and you found the right place to get a new computer.  Ermm

Edited by Zardoz8719 - 13 Jul 2009 at 5:54am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 6:41am
Byrner as Zardoz8719 said open your own thread in the config section otherwise this thread will get clutered,

I have an i7 for you very close to your range, it will be much faster/powerfull and have better gpu power. all for only $100 more.
JoeVideo View Drop Down

Quote JoeVideo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 3:38am

I'll make this simple and honest...

Had a few humps with Digital Storm, but nobody's perfect...

There's probably even a few $25K(+) 64 core Cray CX1s that had teething pains...

The bottom line is that they CALLED me back FAST and STAYED on the situation, until a new deal was struck and everything was as straight as two temporarily opposing parties can get...

Keep in mind that they don't keep all the money you pay for the machine. Parts, equipment, rent/mortgage, payroll, insurance, gas, electricity, phones, etc. aren't free...

If you price out their AMAZING "Power and Value" unit:
http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsavedsd.asp?id=292409
(with all the assembly, testing, shipping, etc)
...I'd say that they might even be LOSING money on it!
(If you're going to buy a high end system, better grab that one quick, I did! They probably can't keep that promotion going forever!)

Bottom line, even though I was very difficult to deal with and I'm sure that their work days are no cake walk... They stuck it out with me!

Haven't received my replacement machine yet, but I am VERY confident in this company and I am POSITIVE that no matter what happens, they will stand behind their product and respond very quickly to anything that might turn up.

Save yourself a lot of aggravation and buy a Digital Storm!

I earn what I own and I own what I earn,
Some days I teach and some days I learn.

Brief Specs:
i7 920 OC'd to 3.3GHz
6GB DDR3 1600MHz
300GB VelociRaptor
+ 2 7200RPM 1TBs
1 GTX 285 2 GB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>