Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alci View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alci Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Windows 10 question
    Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 6:00am
It's been almost 3 years since my last DS computer and I'm getting the itch again. Problem is I'm adamantly against Windows 10. I noticed that Windows 7 is still an option. How long will this be the case? Thx
EdgeCrusher View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote EdgeCrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 12:36pm
I know your looking for a response from DS but if I had my way they would never get rid of windows 7.
At least until Microsoft gets sued so much over Windows 10 that they actually learn their lesson and go back to making a good Windows 11. It would have to get rid of all the spyware and data mining tools they put into Windows 10 and they would have to stop their forced changes to gaming architecture and their whole "plan to make steam obsolete". Basically they are trying to get rid of the ol' win 32 platform that all games are built on and make games use the Microsoft x-box architecture. Yes, essentially turning PC's into X-boxes.

They stop doing that stuff and maaybe I'll buy Windows 11. Never 10 though.. never.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 4:34pm
Its been a minute but last time I heard MS was not doing anymore windows, 10 is it, they are just going to update it, now if that has changed then let me know.

@Alci, if you know you gonna want a win7 in your next pc, then just purchase a win7 pro on amazon or some place like that now. You can always install win 7 yourself when you get the pc if DS won't do it for you.
Alci View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Alci Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 4:34am
Thanks guys.
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 5:57am
Originally posted by EdgeCrusher

I know your looking for a response from DS but if I had my way they would never get rid of windows 7.
At least until Microsoft gets sued so much over Windows 10 that they actually learn their lesson and go back to making a good Windows 11. It would have to get rid of all the spyware and data mining tools they put into Windows 10 and they would have to stop their forced changes to gaming architecture and their whole "plan to make steam obsolete". Basically they are trying to get rid of the ol' win 32 platform that all games are built on and make games use the Microsoft x-box architecture. Yes, essentially turning PC's into X-boxes.

They stop doing that stuff and maaybe I'll buy Windows 11. Never 10 though.. never.

All i have read on the topic of Microsoft doing that is from some guy named Tim Sweeney that apparently judging from the comments in each of the website i have gone to has some massive paranoia that Microsoft will do that. He has nothing to go on other than his massive hate for Windows 10.

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 05 Aug 2016 at 7:00am
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12