FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Xbox 360 Bluetooth Headset Connection on Carbine

Post Date: 2014-01-31

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dmk67 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dmk67 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Xbox 360 Bluetooth Headset Connection on Carbine
    Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 9:50pm
I recently purchased a new Xbox 360 wireless headset to replace an old wired one. When I bought it, I didn't know that you could connect it to a PC and use it there as well. When I tried to connect it to my Carbine, I keep getting a small yellow triangle next to the headset device under Bluetooth devices. It says that I do not have a Bluetooth peripheral device. I've tried looking for a fix for this, and I noticed that plenty of other people have this issue as well, but I have yet to find a solution to fix the problem. I did find a website that had a link to one of Microsoft's fixes, but it was for Vista and wasn't compatible with Windows 7. I checked the drivers and they seemed to all be installed except for the peripheral device.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution for it? Any advice would be appreciated. This really isn't a life or dead situation, but more just the fact that I should be able to use my new headset on my laptop, but  can't.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 5:48am
Hi Dmk67.... I haven't done bluetooth anything but this does sound like a driver issue and/or device conflict.   I would double check the driver and then right click the conflicting device, yellow exclamation, in Device Manager, and uninstall. Unplug the laptop, drop the battery for a couple of minutes and then reboot with battery or A.C.

Good luck.

EDIT... Just thinking.....Is the Bluetooth option in Bios enabled.  Usually under BIOS, Advanced and then Chipset or something sinmilar.   Might be on Disabled by default .

Edited by bprat22 - 01 Feb 2014 at 7:56am
Dmk67 View Drop Down

Quote Dmk67 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 8:11am
Where would I go to find these settings?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 8:16am
To get into BIOS, turn off the laptop, re-boot and pulse the DEL key while it boots.  BIOS should pop up.  Within that are menus you can either mouse through or keyboard select.   I believe you go into Advanced Menu and then maybe Chipset to Enable bluetooth.    If you have the manual, it should have a section to guide you. 

The Carbine I think is the MSI 1763 laptop, but not 100%., if you need the manual. 

A laptop might be the F2 key to get into Setup, BIOS.  Check the manual to be sure.  

EDIT... I just looked in a Clevo manual, and there is a Hot key option, FN +F12 keys , to turn Bluetooth on and off.  Not sure if yours does.   

Edited by bprat22 - 01 Feb 2014 at 8:45am
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Feb 2014 at 8:49am
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
3xSLI EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN
Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB+512GB
HydroLux+XSPC CPU/MoBo/GPU Liquid Cooling
Dmk67 View Drop Down

Quote Dmk67 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 9:43am
I tried going into BIOS after rebooting. The DEL key didn't do anything, but if I press Shift + F10 it brings me into the option menu for Network Boot Protocol, Show Config Message, Show Message Time, and Boot Order. After this screen BIOS comes up. I went under advanced and had these options: PCI Latency Timer, SATA Mode Selection, I - Charger works at s3/s4/s5 state, and USB configuration. I didn't see anything about Bluetooth in any of the categories.

As far as the link goes, I tried looking through that before. The Compatibility Center doesn't list the headset as an option, although on the back of the headset box, it says it is compatible. I tried the video on one of the links and I did get a little further this time, to the point where it actually recognized the device, but now am stuck at a point where it can't connect because of an Authentication Error. It says to check the pairing code and that it should be in the device's documentation.

Exact Error Message: "Adding this device failed because of an authentication error.

This might be due to the use of an incorrect pairing code.

Try adding again using the correct pairing code for the device. You might need to refer to your device's documentation for details.

Check your device's documentation to see if you need to first install special software or security certificates.

Check for any firmware or software updates for your device."
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 10:48am
Default pairing code is usually 0000
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
3xSLI EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN
Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB+512GB
HydroLux+XSPC CPU/MoBo/GPU Liquid Cooling
Dmk67 View Drop Down

Quote Dmk67 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 10:55am
It never actually asked me for it.  It allowed me to connect the device without it, but now I'm just trying to figure out how to get the headset to work. Although it successfully installed and is listed as an installed device, it doesn't connect to the chat software, the lights on the earpiece continue to blink, and if I try to synch it to the laptop, the lights just keep circling around, not actually connecting to it.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 2:25pm
Does it work outside of the chat software? For instance in just the Windows audio setup stuff? 
Dmk67 View Drop Down

Quote Dmk67 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 3:42pm
It doesn't even show up under the recording tab, which confuses me.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 2:36pm
Is there anything in the manual about enabling Bluetooth? Hotkey? Maybe a touch button on front of laptop, where an LED might be?

If you right click the device in Device Manager you might find its a different manufacturer, whose website you need for drivers.

Just throwing my thoughts out there hoping it leads to success.

Dmk67 View Drop Down

Quote Dmk67 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 3:50pm
I checked the manual for the laptop and it doesn't cover Bluetooth since it was an optional thing I guess. The only button that affects the Bluetooth is the Airplane mode button. (At least that's what I think.) Under Bluetooth radios in the Device Manager, there are two things listed: Generic Bluetooth Adapter, and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 3:58pm
Try this link. Sounds like your issue but can't be sure.
http://windowsforum.com/threads/make-your-bluetooth-devices-work-on-windows-7.24580/

Hope it helps.
Dmk67 View Drop Down

Quote Dmk67 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 8:42pm
Unfortunately the Mobile Device Center won't work with my processor for some reason. When I go to run the program, it pops up with an error saying that it isn't compatible with my processor (Intel Core i7-4700MQ).
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 3:01am
You got me.    I don't own a laptop but this has me more than curious for some reason.   If I find anything I'll get back.

In the meantime, call or email DS. They have a wealth of info to share.     If you fix it let us know.
Dmk67 View Drop Down

Quote Dmk67 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 4:03am
I'll probably get my information together and contact them over the weekend. Hopefully they might have a solution. Thanks for the help though. I'll post whatever outcome happens with this.
Dmk67 View Drop Down

Quote Dmk67 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 9:20pm
I contacted Digital Storm about this and unfortunately they told me that they do not have very much support when it comes to Bluetooth. They are looking into it, but when it comes to Bluetooth they rely mostly on the help from customers and whatever small amount of resources they do have. Since devices can differ in a multitude of ways, there isn't a set way to set them up. Some require you to just keep going through options until something works.

This might be a lost cause at the moment with the Xbox headset, but maybe I'll figure it out in the future or they might find out some more information on it and get back to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply