FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yet another Remarkable Build from DS.

Post Date: 2010-12-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HiBall View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote HiBall Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Yet another Remarkable Build from DS.
    Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 11:07am

System Configuration:

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Black OPS HailStorm Edition Exterior

Processor: Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz (Quad Core)

Motherboard: EVGA X58 SLI 3 Edition (USB 3.0 & SATA 6Gb/s) (Model: 131-GT-E767) System Memory: 6GB DDR3 2000MHz GTX-8 Digital Storm Certified Extreme Performance (Highly Recommended)

Power Supply: 1200W Digital Storm Certified (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible) (Silent Edition Highly Recommended)

Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (80GB Solid State (By: Corsair) (Model: Drive Force Series CSSD-F80GBP2-BRKT)

Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (500GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM)

Optical Drive 1: Blu-Ray & DVD Writer/Reader (Burn + Play Blu-Ray & DVDs) (12x BD-R) (Lite-On iHBS112)

Internet Access: Wireless-USB N 300Mbps (Supports 802.11n/g/b)

Video Card(s): 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 1.5GB (Includes PhysX Technology) (EVGA Brand)

Integrated Motherboard Audio Extreme

Cooling: H20: Stage 6: Sub-Zero LCS Dual Loop: CPU & Dual SLI/CrossFire Video Cards H20

Tube Color: Blue Tubing with High-Performance Fluid (UV Lighting Reactive) Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans Internal

Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (UV) (Creates Glowing Effect for H20 Tubes)

Enhancements: - No Thanks

Chassis Mods: - No Thanks

Noise Reduction: - No Thanks

CPU Boost: Stage 2: Overclock the processor between 4.0GHz to 4.2GHz (Requires H20 Cooling Upgrade)

Graphics Boost: FREE: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability

Memory Boost: Memory Fan Kit Only (Does not include memory overclocking service) OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit Edition)

Exclusive T-Shirt: FREE: Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black (Xtra Large) Priority Warranty: FREE PROMO: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 4 Year Limited Warranty

Stages

Stage 1 : 11/04

Stage 2 : 11/05

Stage 3 : 11/05

Stage 4 :  11/08

Stage 5 :  11/09

Stage 6 : 12/01

Stage 7: 12/01

Arrival 12/3 (Two Day over night Air)

Ok Brass Tax $4,410.00

Ok “The Beast” is breathtaking.  Yes, I said it I named my new computer the Beast, because it is.  First, my build time is not typical, and believe me the delay between stage 5 and stage 6 was excruciating, but I would have it no other way.

Digital Strom takes the time to make sure the computer is stable, and exactly what you order no matter what it takes.  My long delay time was due to two things, First I order the 2000 MHz Ram and this took time to make sure this memory worked properly with my other settings and over clocking. Second, Thanksgiving, damn holidays.

Here are the benchmarks provide by DS after stage 6, I do not know how to do the cool ones that people take pictures of and post, I don’t think I have the software for that:

Processor Speed GHz: 4.1

CPU Multiplier: 23

Voltage CPU VCore: 1.4375

VDroop Control: Yes

i7 - BCLK MHz: 183

i7 - Voltage QPI\DRAM:

i7 - Voltage QPI\PLL:

i7 - Voltage CPU VTT: 250

i7 - Voltage IOH Vcore:

i7 - Voltage ICH Vcore:

i7 - Voltage IOH/ICH I/O:

i7 - PWM Frequency:

780i/790i - Memory Clock Mode:

780i/790i - CPU FSB MHz:

780i/790i - Voltage FSB:

780i/790i - Voltage SPP:

780i/790i - Voltage MCP:

Overclocked Video Card Settings

Core MHz: 720

Memory MHz: 934

Shader MHz: 1440

In my computer is shows 4.2 Ghz, yes that’s right they overclocked a i950 3.06 Ghz to 4.2 Ghz.  I played BC2, Black ops, and Crysis maxed out for about 6 hr straight, and the CPU never got above 39 C !

I never know how amazing the games are visually until this beast of a machine powered them out.  I am sure this computer will last a long time, and when it dies I will be right back here to get another one. 

My computer is on the side of my desk can’t really see it so the look did not matter to me, but this rig is awesome, I almost want to put a mirror on the wall next to it so I can look over and see it J.

I got the memory fans, probable does not have much effect on performance but they look cool.

So if you are reading this far and did not just skip down to see the pictures lets recap.  Get ready for the wait of the build, regardless it if takes 5 days to build or 30, once you push the order button, the only thing you think about is getting the computer and playing on it.  Second, you get what you ordered and more, it is well worth it, best computer I have ever owned.  Third, Once my wife finds out how much I paid for it and sees how big it is (out of town all weekend. Has not seen it) I will be outside in the dog house with a card board box as my computer desk.

sand_rat_1o1 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote sand_rat_1o1 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 11:50am
AwesomeGratz
MagiK View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote MagiK Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 2:01pm
You could do what I did, at the same time I ordered my DSO rig I comissioned a $5,000 Emerald Wedding Ring to replace her rather plain original  LOL
rholyrag View Drop Down

Quote rholyrag Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 5:06am
Great looking rig...Excited!  Thanks for sharing!
"What we do in life echoes in eternity" - Maximus from Gladiator
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 6:08am
Very nice Congrats

The Hailstorm is a beauty and great for LC isn't it
HiBall View Drop Down

Quote HiBall Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 9:11am

There is a lot of room in this case, and both radiators are in the case, and not on the outside, this is a major plus.   

MagiK View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote MagiK Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 9:26am
I agree, I hated the idea of having a Radiator hanging off the back of my computer, Im glad DSO fixed that issue.
maxyme View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote maxyme Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 5:08pm
thats a freaking awesome system! i really like the blue water cooling tubes :)
Steam:pcmaster160
STATIC1985 View Drop Down

Quote STATIC1985 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 10:46pm
love it...
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 10:51pm
Well if you want to have 2 x triple rad with that case yoyu have no choice but to put on outside, I got a bracket from koolance that expands and collapses, and to be honest I have no problem with the triple rad being outside, but it is great to see they found a place to stick the double read inside, it is a very nice build
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 12:49am
I'm loving the blue theme Awesome

In person, does the UV lighting system actually give much "glow" to the tubes?
 Post Reply Post Reply