FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Build Opinion

Post Date: 2016-09-01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HeavenDevils View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote HeavenDevils Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Build Opinion
    Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 3:13pm
www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=1482463

Just wanted some input on this configuration:<span ="co-view-specs-title">System Configuration:</span><span ="co-view-specs-">Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Digital Storm VeloxExterior Finish: - Standard Factory FinishTrim Accents: - Standard Factory FinishProcessor: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz (Codename Skylake) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)Motherboard: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING (Intel Z170 Chipset) (Up to 5x PCI-E Devices)System Memory: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance SeriesPower Supply: 750W EVGA SuperNOVA (750 B1)Expansion Bay: Option Not AvailableOptical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 8x / CD-Writer 8x) (Internal)Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (1TB Samsung 850 EVO) Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (3TB Seagate) Storage Set 3: - No ThanksRAID Config: - No ThanksRAID Card: - No ThanksInternet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)Graphics Card(s): 1x - No Thanks Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard AudioHPC Processor: - No ThanksExtreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H100i GTX - 240mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selectedHydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selectedCable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis FansInternal Lighting: - No ThanksAirflow Control: - No ThanksChassis Mods: - No ThanksNoise Reduction: - No ThanksLaserMark: - No ThanksCPU Boost: Stage 2: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.8GHz (Depends on Cooling and Motherboard) Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating systemWindows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows CD)Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 Value)Office: - No ThanksGame: - No ThanksDisplay: - No ThanksSurge Shield: - No ThanksSpeakers: - No ThanksKeyboard: - No ThanksMouse: - No ThanksBranded Gear: - No ThanksPriority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully ProcessedWarranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)I am planning on mostly gaming not at 4K just 1080P. I already have a Geforce 1070 which is why I didn't select a graphics card. Went with higher capacity drives cause with games being so huge I running out of space on my current rig. Probably the weak point is the PSU. Not planning on upgrading after this anytime soon but would like the option to later down the road. Also is changing the </span><span ="subcategory-label">Chassis Fans worth it? I'm all for keeping my PC cool so if it helps I will add it and if so what would you recommend? This build is around my budget give or take a few $100. Thanks in advance to all that help. </span>

Edited by HeavenDevils - 01 Sep 2016 at 5:33pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 4:26pm
config number for that build please.

EdgeCrusher will be by to tell you to go with stage 2 oc and stay with the h100 cooler but I advise you to look around for yourself and make your decisions based on facts and not people's opinions.

Corsair H100i GTX pump failure

noctual fan failure

Edited by DST4ME - 01 Sep 2016 at 4:57pm
EdgeCrusher View Drop Down

Quote EdgeCrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 4:37pm
I think it looks great. It will be darn close to the system I ordered really.

DST4ME will respond and tell you that you should downgrade your overclock to stage 1 and go with Noctua air cooler but I think your config is going to work very well as is and you should stick with it. I went with the Corsair h100i gtx as well.

I would get the EVGA 750w that is like 30 bucks more. The non (b1) model. Other then that you should have quite the gaming rig with the 1070 installed.

Quote HeavenDevils Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 5:34pm
I edited my post with the link above. For whatever reason it wouldn't let me add my link with this reply.

I changed the chassis fan and cpu cooler to the 280 model.
What's the difference between the B1 and non B1 model?
I used liquid cooling before and had no problems but I know everyone experience may vary.
Also do you think I will receive this if I order on Friday with 2 day shipping? Asking because I will be on vacation in Oct for awhile and I can wait to order if that's the case.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 5:39pm
The B1 is Bronze rated, meaning less efficient, and less warranty. Also, semi modular cables, with the motherboard cables hard wired in. The others are plugin.

The other is either the G1 or G2, meaning Gold rated and twice the warranty. Also, fully modular so if you swap it out, no cables to re route. All plugins.

Hope this helps.

Quote HeavenDevils Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 5:46pm
It does. Thanks so much. Big%20Smile
EdgeCrusher View Drop Down

Quote EdgeCrusher Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 6:13pm
Regarding the build time, if you order now, do not expect it to ship earlier then 3 weeks possibly even longer. Digital Storm is very good for certain things and can build a great system for you but if you expect a rush order you will be disappointed.

From earlier I stated we had similar systems and my build is currently on its 4th week since order. This is with no backorders or reported problems etc. There could be a chance it ships tomorrow but I'm fairly sure it will be over a month from order to receiving it. Just to put it in perspective.

Don't let that dissuade you from ordering if you have the patience though. This will be my second DS PC and the first was a great computer for many years.

Quote HeavenDevils Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 6:33pm
It's not a problem at all just as I mentioned before I will on vacation for like the 1st week or 2 of Oct so I won't be around to receive it. If anything if it gonna take a little bit longer it kinda works out lol.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 6:58pm
Here I made the changes for you:

Ticket Number: 1482526

Your oc of stage 2 will put more stress on your cpu and probably give you a high vcore. For gaming above stage 1 oc will not give you any meaningful performance gain, I would go with stage 1 oc but its your pc, my job here is to give you the info and warn you, the rest is upto you. I would look around and read up on the info before you just listen to me or anybody else, remember if your cpu goes bad because of you following bad advise here, the person that gave you the bad advise will not pay for your loss. With a one year part warranty you are left holding the bag. I highly suggest you check out creditable sites and see for yourself.

As you can see above there is very little difference between 6700K stock 4.0GHz and oced to 4.6, so you can imagine how much less of a difference there will be between 6700k oced to 4.3GHz/4.4GHz(stage 1 oc) and 6700k oced to say 4.7GHz.(stage 2 oc) (keep in mind DS says "UPTO" so there is no guarantee you will get 4.8GHz at all to begin with, so you could endup with a 4.06GHz oc on stage 2, not that it matters anyways as you see in the test)

Edited by DST4ME - 02 Sep 2016 at 1:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply