FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buyers remorse ?

Post Date: 2014-02-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Youngtrucker91 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Youngtrucker91 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Buyers remorse ?
    Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 5:40pm
They are back ordered ATM . I have a little buyers remorse some things have been bothering me.

1. You can buy this exact system at at least 3 other places , for just about the same price . Only difference from place to place to branding.
2.yes it's a super nice setup but do I realy need this powerfull a laptop
3 . DS reviews on other places tend to be bad , older but still bad.
4 . They said its back ordered 9-10 days they have yet to put any warning of this on there website.
5 the only other person I have found who has purchased this laptop and done any review is lucifersboots who has done a ok review I like to see a hands on video or something from DS. I am just worried that they are just calling in orders to other places and sticking there sticker on it.

If any body else out there has bought one of these I would love to hear from you and if some from DS could answer some of these concerns.

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Krypton 17.3 Inch Laptop (Model: S:8295)
Display: 17.3 Inch (16:9) (Resolution: 1920 x 1080) (Anti-glare) LED-Backlit Display
Processor: Intel Core i7 4900MQ (Up to 3.80Ghz) (Quad Core) (8MB Cache)
Thermal Compound: Premium CPU and GPU Thermal Compound (Reduces Thermal & Laptop Noise)
Memory: 32GB DDR3 1600MHz (4x8GB) (Requires Windows Pro or Higher)
mSATA SSD: 240GB mSATA Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 530 Series) (SATA 6Gbps)
Storage Drive 1: 750GB 7200RPM (SATA 3Gb/s)
Storage Drive 2: 750GB 7200RPM (SATA 3Gb/s) <b></b>
Optical Drive: Blu-Ray Player (Blu-Ray 6x) & DVD/CD Writer
Wireless Card: Killer Wireless-N 1202 Wireless LAN + Bluetooth 4.0 Module <b></b>
Graphics Card(s): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB with NVIDIA Optimus
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit Edition) <b></b>
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows CD)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office Suite: - No Thanks
Cooling Pad: - No Thanks
Extra Charger: Extra Charger for Krypton (Model: S:8295) <b></b>
Extra Battery: - No Thanks
Carry Bag: - No Thanks
Audio: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
T-Shirt: - No Thanks
Priority Build: Please Prioritize: Ship Within Four Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed <b></b>
Warranty Plan: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

Sub-Total: $3,308.00
Tax: $297.72
S&H: Ground $47.00
Grand Total: $3,652.72
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 6:20pm
@Youngtrucker91,

First, thank you for choosing Digital Storm! I'll do my best to try to answer your questions:

1. All gaming laptops are built with an MSI or Clevo bare bone chassis. I'm sure there are guys that are more expensive and cheaper than us. What it really comes down to is not the brand, but the production process and customer service/support. Every company will claim theirs is the best, I can only vouch for ourselves and our community. Our team builds and stress-tests every laptop that leaves our facility after a thorough QA check. If you run into issues, we're here to take care of you and make sure you are happy with your purchase. We have some great information about us here: http://www.digitalstormonline.com/facility-tour.asp

2. Every purchase depends on a budget. You don't need a GTX 780M, a GTX 770M could work. You don't ned an i7 for gaming, even an i3 processor could do the job. It really comes down to your budget and what you will enjoy from this system. Based on your config, you are ordering one powerful beast. It's going to last you quite a while without any upgrades. The Krypton is a great and very popular config.

3. Trying to read up review sites is good, but I will share one thing with you. No matter how hard we try to do research, these are custom built products. Every customer's situation is different. Some customers get upset over things such as a delay by a shipping company which ruins the overall experience which leads to other situations that become bigger problems, etc... What really matters is if you have an issue, are we going to help you with it. This is something the community I'm sure can vouch for. We have an A+ rating with the BBB, we've been with the BBB for over 10 years and have maintained it because anytime a situation occurs, we tackle it in the best way possible.

4. When it comes to custom laptops, sometimes certain parts can be out of stock, we have to place orders on hold such as yours. I do see that we have not processed your order yet, so do let us know.

In conclusion, I hope this helps. Overall you're going to get a truly awesome laptop. Perhaps you may want to change to a unit that within your budget if that's the problem?

Feel free to contact me as well at: [email protected]

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 6:22pm
Also I figured I would copy the response another customer said in regards to your post on his thread (http://www.digitalstormonline.com/forums/krypton-initial-review-tidf21983/)

Originally posted by lucifersboots

I can help you. I just received my Krypton maybe a month ago?

1) you can buy this hardware in alot of places. You CANNOT buy the level of service DS has provided to me. You also cannot buy the kind of support you'll get later. I know exactly who you're looking at if you've done your homework- I did too. I made my call, and even spent probably more than I really had to in order to get a good company. Krypton's a good product, but without a good company behind it, you're screwed if there's ever an issue.

2) Do you need this laptop power now? Probably not. Few do. Will you in 3 years? Four? Oh yeah. You can buy a cheap system now that meets your needs now. And again in 12-18 months, and again in another 12-18 months. You'll hate it- substandard cheap crappy parts, nonexistent support, and every time you get new you get to set everything up again. No thanks man. I bought a rock solid machine now that I'm going to drive the wheels off of. It's a beast today, and it'll still be a decent machine in 3 years, probably more.

3) Any yahoo can setup a bitch and moan website and do a lovely hit piece that will last forever online. I did my research with the CA attorney general and local BBB. They love DS. So does G4, ComputerShopper, and Ziff-Davis. Believe me when I tell you that I have faith in these guys.

4) This is a boutique shop doing high end machines for a very specific and unique clientele that both knows their stuff and works with materials that are every bit as perishable as fresh tomatoes. Find me a computer shop that has video cards introduced more than 6 months ago, and I'll show that same shop's owner pissed off for all the 5.25 drives he still has too. Just In Time manufacturing is the way of the world today. Sometimes you just have to get in line. Want it now? Amazon and Best buy have tons of crap that's half as good as anything here that'll last a third as long. No thanks man.

5) yeah, my review wasn't long or detailed enough. I can say I've used it nearly every day since I bought it. In fact as we speak I'm pairing my now 5th headset to it hoping for something I like. The laptop is freaking awesome man.

By the way, the new headset is the Beats Studio Wireless. I haven't tested the mic yet, but the headset is killer.

Edited by Alex - 18 Feb 2014 at 6:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply