FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Called to place my order but then...

Post Date: 2013-08-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Scipio1219 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Scipio1219 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Called to place my order but then...
    Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 11:11pm
I have to say that Vanquish 4 or even the 3 is a very sweet looking rig. I have a limited budget and have been researching and pulling out my hair for days now. I almost placed an order with ------ but then found ------. And just as I was going to make the jump with -------- I find Digital Storm and I'm amazed with the set ups and even more with the prices. Been reading and lurking on the forum here for the past couple of days and decided to call DS today to place my order. I did have a couple of questions for the sales person over the phone and I was bit put off by the sales person over the phone. I don't know, perhaps the sales person was having a bad day. We all have bad days right?

But still, when I'm about to make a purchase I don't like to be made to feel like I'm asking stupid questions. Perhaps I might have been asking stupid questions since I'm not very tech savvy. Shoot, if I was tech savvy then I would be buying the parts and building my own gaming pc. Now during my research, I have reading over and over and OVER! about how easy it is to build a pc. But if anything can go wrong it will with ME! I am very glad to have found 3 good gaming pc boutiques that offers great quality without bleeding the wallet. So far DS has the best deals from what I have seen with the other two close behind. I was really excited to finally make a decision to place an order and getting a true gaming pc.

I don't think I'm going to find a fourth online boutique thats going to come close to DS and the other two, much less beat DS' s deals. The other two sites are not to far behind DS in what they have to offer, although I felt more comfortable speaking with their sales representative over the phone. Not sure which way I'll be going, for now I'll just sleep on it.

[EDIT: Competitor names removed - Alex]

Edited by Alex - 22 Aug 2013 at 10:08am
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 11:50pm
I would like to be the first to welcome you to the DS forums, Scipio1219! I understand first hand that it can be a daunting task trying to find that perfect system (from a great builder!). Even though I've had over a decade of experience in building computers, this time I chose to have it done by someone that can help if & when there might be issues and for their higher expertise for combining the best components. I ended up choosing DS for their awesome forums, their great selection in products (plus the option to request special order parts at a reasonable price) and awesome customer service.

If you have any questions, we'd all love to have you post them here or you can send them to DS directly @ [email protected] or Alex (who roams the boards frequently) @ [email protected].

Hope you see become another member of the DS Owner's Club!!

Edited by fstcvc - 21 Aug 2013 at 11:52pm
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum
3xSLI EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN
Samsung 840Pro SSD 256GB+512GB
HydroLux+XSPC CPU/MoBo/GPU Liquid Cooling
wright View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wright Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 6:14am
Scipio, welcome to the Digital Storm forum. We all welcome you. I have been doing business with DS since 2008 and I am on my third system from them. They are all going strong. Scipio I can say without a doubt that DS is the best company out there and I talk from experience. I too like you shopped around and talked to different computer company's before I decided of DS. This company stands behind their work 100% and Alex will tell you if you were to have a problem he will see that the problem is taken care of 100% to your satisfaction.The customer service is the best I have ever seen in a company of any kind. I don't work for DS, just another happy customer. Again, glad to have you on the forum.  Strong
Hailstorm ll
i7 4770K OC
Z 87 Chip set
16 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
Stage 2 cool 240mm Radiator
GPU 1x GTX 780 3GB
Samsung 256GB SSD
1TB WD Caviar
Corsair 120mm performance fans
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 10:10am
@Scipio1219,

Thank you for your interest in Digital Storm. We would love to have you as a customer. I'm not sure whom you spoke with but our team should and has always been very helpful for our customers.

I would like to get more details on when you called and whom you spoke with, could you email me directly with details? My email is: [email protected]

In addition, I recommend that you give our team another call so we can help you out. Have a great day!
LoneSpartan35 View Drop Down

Quote LoneSpartan35 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 6:59pm
Definitely stick with DS, i ordered a level 1 Vanquish just yesterday over the phone, and it already passed stage 7. I'm just awaiting my tracking number. When I called to order it was a bit late, and I could tell my phone representative was in a hurry, but she was quick and helpful with everything. She even took the extra mile to personally send me an email explaining a problem they had with asking FedEx to hold my package when received, although I already received one from the sales manager ten minutes before. So, with all honestly, go with Digital Storm, I know I'll never leave Hahaha

Edited by LoneSpartan35 - 22 Aug 2013 at 7:00pm

Quote Scipio1219 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 2:57am
Thanks for the warm welcome! I place my order yesterday afternoon and I was very pleased and comfortable speaking with sales representative over the phone. All of my concerns and questions were addressed and explained. It has been over a year since my old pc took a dump on me. Now I'm looking forward to getting back into gaming! So many games to play and catch up on.... but this time I will be gaming on what I hope will be a sweet gaming system. Which I'm sure it will be compared to what I had before. I am happy to have chosen DS.

Once again, thank you for the warm welcome. The response here has helped me make my decision in going with DS!
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 8:07am
Congrats on your purchase!

Which machine/configuration did you end up getting?

Don't forget to come back and share pics/review once you get your new machine!
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme

Quote Scipio1219 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 8:38am
I went with the level 3 Vanquish
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 10:54am
Congrats.  Awesome      Can't beat the price per performance with Vanquish 3. Big%20Smile

Quote Scipio1219 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 8:31pm
Received an update that my order has passed stage 7 check
fstcvc View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote fstcvc Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 8:55pm
HailStorm II
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 8:56pm
 Strong
Tio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Tio Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 7:42am
Nice to hear that everyone was able to help you out so much. we do try to assist any and all who posts with questions or problems and am so glad we were able to help you over your initial "Bump" in the road there.Congrats on your DS system and welcome to the Digital Storm family
Hailstorm II
Intel 3970K
Corsair 1200i
32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum
Samsung 512gif 840 Pro SSD
4tb Western Digital Black HD
Blue-Ray and DVD Burn/Player
3xSLI EVGA GTX Titan Hydro Copper Video
retirednavysnipe View Drop Down

Quote retirednavysnipe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 7:48am
Glad to hear your sales call problem was taken care of. You will love your Vanquish. Remember to do a review with pics of course , we all love pics.

Hailstorm Black Ops
I7 3930K 4.5GHZ
16GB 1600MHZ ram
2 x GTX 680
120 GB SSD, 1 TB hardrive
Fully liquid cooled CPU, GPU and chipset.

Quote Scipio1219 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 1:47am
Here is an update.....

The comp worked great on the first day. But I had to do a lot of Windows updates and some of the updates failed to load. I thought my comp was going to arrive all updated and ready to go.

Two days ago I started to notice that I was getting lag during game play of Crysis. At first it was minimal but then it started getting worse to the point I would have to restart the game or the comp. I mean its a 6 year old game.... why the lag? Today the comp started to freeze up and crash during the loading of the game and mid game.

I called for tech support and was told that someone would call me back and help me out with my issue. I did not get a call back. I wish I could leave an excited update like others have with their new comps. But I can not since I am not happy right now! Perhaps It's just bad luck that I revieved a less then perfect rig from DS. But I can't help but feel annoyed that this might not be a simple fix and might end up sending the comp back to have it looked at.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 2:37am
Sounds like something happened during shipping and its been getting worst.

DS sends the pc "Clean" with no software/etc so that we can put on there only the things we want. I know updating windows can be a pain sometimes but normally it should not be that big of a deal that it has been for you.

Ok so the problem is that the game freezes during game play?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 4:58am
If this problem is only with Crysis, I would try re-installing, loading any updates and maybe changing the graphic card's driver, found at GeForce.com.  These are things DS might have you do anyways.  See if its only a single game first.  If other games run great then you've narrowed it down. 

If its any game, it could be, like DST said, a jolt in shipping, where the graphics card and ram sticks need reseating in case they jiggled during shipping.  Again, this is something the tech might have you try.

Also, check that all the fans, case and cooler and video card, are working.   A video card getting hot can cause issues.   Download HWMonitor, a free program, install and run it while gaming initially just to see if   the temps for cpu cores or gpu get into the 90's which is too hot.

If you feel comfortable doing this then try it or wait for a DS tech to step you through it.

Good Luck.

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:55am
Scipio1219,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your PC. We do stress-test every system as much as possible before they leave our facility, however there is always still the possibility of a customer having issues.

It could be due to shipping shocks/vibrations that cause hardware to get loose, software issues with a game or device, etc...

Rest assured, our team here is here to help. Usually we're able to figure out what is wrong and help the customer get back up and running without having the unit come back to our facility.

A few things we have customers do first are:

1. Re-seat the graphics card(s) and memory sticks.
2. Load BIOS defaults.
3. Plug the computer straight into the wall outlet with no surge protector or battery backup.
4. Remove any extra devices such as USB hub, printer, scanner, etc... so that you only have your mouse and keyboard plugged in.

I suggest creating a new post in our "Technical Discussion" area as this thread has a different topic that it started with.
 Post Reply Post Reply