Post Date: 2009-04-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PerryC View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote PerryC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Calling Canadian customers
    Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 9:33pm

I am in the market for a new gaming pc, and I really like what I have been reading about Digital Storm.  I am curious what other Canadian customers think of their experience with the shipping portion of the ordering process.

Now, my wife has told me its time to upgrade my computer...and she doesn't care what I put into it (as long its an Intel..her words not mine). ConfusedShe has no clue what doors she just opened.

I currently use a Dell that is getting long in the tooth, but works great for what I use it for. Unlike many other people here though, I have never had an issue with Dell...4 desktops and 4 laptops. Now in all that I have never had to use their customer service. Maybe I am just really lucky. This one however isn't going to be a Dell...

I am already hooked on getting a DS, so need to try and convince me there...just curious about other Canadian's experiences with the shipping process.

When I do order I'll be firing alot of questions to DS.

Perry

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 10:03pm
I have Dell also and the systems are good but the problem is that if I want more power I have to buy a new PC, there is not much room to upgrade with a Dell, which is why I started to search for a new PC builder and got lucky and found DS, what I love about these systems is that with a little money we can upgrade them to be as powerful as we needed them to be and upgrading or changing parts is easy cause unlike Dell DS uses the same parts me and you would get if we went to the store.

I'm not from Canada but I know we have a few customers here from Canada why don't you check out the review section I'm sure they have posted what they think in there
Gary View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 9:22am

ive also had Dells and to be honest with you ive never had any problems with them.I will tell you this though,when i tried to upgrade my Dell it was a pain in the ARSE !!!  They wouldnt give me help at all unless i bought there parts which were wickedly over priced.They wouldnt even answer a question about me upgrading my PSU,So i went and bought a DS system,problem solved.i have had my system for over a year now and have had 0 problems.Ive even upgraded my Video Card. DS vs Dell= No comparision you'll see when you get it !!!!

Edited by Gary - 15 Apr 2009 at 9:33am
PerryC View Drop Down

Quote PerryC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 6:16pm

Every Dell I have ever owned has worked fine. As for upgrading, thats what led down the path that eventually led me here.

As for reading the reviews...I have taken the time to read all 395 reviews over at resellerrating, plus every post of all six pages of customer reviews in these forums. Only one that I read mentioned he was Canadian (sorry can't remember who it was). The only issues he cited were method of payment issues. He solved that by using Paypal...I absolutely detest Paypal. So when I am ready to make the purchase I will talk to the fellas at DS and see what can be done.

Although I am a little bummed out right now...In the Canadian military and just got told I am going to be redeploying to Afghansitan for the 3rd time. Depending on training schedule i might have to delay ordering till after I return home.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 6:24pm
Well I hope things go your way, but reseller website does not include all of the DS customers, I know we have had 2 Canadian customers in the past few months, wish they would come to the forum and give you some feed back
Sarah View Drop Down

Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 6:34pm
Kaoberry is a canadian customer, I will see if I can direct her towards this thread for some feedback for you.
Sarah
If you have sales questions, please contact [email protected]

PerryC View Drop Down

Quote PerryC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

Well I hope things go your way, but reseller website does not include all of the DS customers

Very true, but not one of those customers reported an issue that DS did not solve to the customer's satisfaction. That alone tells me something.

Reports on these forums from customers of DS employees working on weekends or days off to ensure the customer got what he wanted. That says tells me something else.

Emails or calls during the build process to inform customers of problems/delays.

BBB reporting all complaints resolved to either the customer's satisfaction or that the BBB felt that DS made all reasonable attempts to solve the complaint.

Consider me sold Ouch

I was just curious to see what Canadian customers thought of the shipping once it hit the border... i.e. did Customs hit them with any duties (wouldn't surprise me)? which company handled it here? If anyone had to return their system how did that go?

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 7:13pm
I can't disagree with anything you said, since everything you said are parts of what got me to look around here also what I said before was toward having more Canadian customers then what the reseller site has listed

DS is a great place, I have not been able to find another like it nor do I have a reason to at this point

as far as shipping if I remember right one person had something go wrong at the customs so they had to wait a bit and the other ones I think went right thru with no problems.

Edited by DST4ME - 15 Apr 2009 at 7:14pm
PerryC View Drop Down

Quote PerryC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Sarah

Kaoberry is a canadian customer, I will see if I can direct her towards this thread for some feedback for you.
Actually just went back and reread her preview...probably half asleep the first time I read it (been staying up way too late reading reviews and the like). She answered my biggest concern, since I live in the same geographic region she does those customs rejects will rape me for 13%. Even if I got it sent air they will likely find me knowing my luck.

edit-- and that 13% is gonna hurt, because I was considering a pc a tad bigger than the one she got  

Edited by PerryC - 15 Apr 2009 at 8:57pm
dustdown View Drop Down

Quote dustdown Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 10:04pm
Ouch, we really have to pay the 13% then? That makes for a nasty addition to the price. (I'm in Canada too and have been considering DS for my next PC.)

This link explains the tax as far as I can see and it doesn't bode well. Darn...

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tpcs/gst-tps/gnrl/hw-eng.html

Kitijima View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Kitijima Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 5:27pm
That's why then need a DS in Canada...I will head the Canadian Division...;o)
One of my favourite hobbies is I like to procrastinate...O_o
PerryC View Drop Down

Quote PerryC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 6:02pm
Funny, I got thinking the samething earlier today. I'll settle for some other position in the new division though :P
Kitijima View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Kitijima Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 7:13pm
You can head the shipping department now that you are an expert on that. :)
PerryC View Drop Down

Quote PerryC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 4:14pm
Got thinking about this..and having a DS Canada wouldn't save us anything. You would still have to pay the GST on the product. If you happen to live in the same province where it would be made, then you have to pay the provincial sales tax on top of that. Either way I end up paying the 13% HST....bloody government screws you at the drive through again.

Only solution....order the pc, take a family vacation and drive to the DS facility and pick it up. When you come back across the border claim a whole bunch of clothes, tourist stuff and the like . Chances are they won't even bother to look.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 4:29pm
declare it as a $200 entertainment center

Edited by DST4ME - 17 Apr 2009 at 4:30pm
Kitijima View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Kitijima Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 9:16pm
That's actually not a bad idea...=o)
PerryC View Drop Down

Quote PerryC Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 8:05am
Originally posted by DST4ME

declare it as a $200 entertainment center
I could go for that...but it might be a tad bit hard to convince the guys at DS to ship the system as an entertainment center.

Edited by PerryC - 18 Apr 2009 at 8:05am
 Post Reply Post Reply