FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EK Cryofuel and other random thoughts.

Post Date: 2019-09-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dondomingo View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dondomingo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: EK Cryofuel and other random thoughts.
    Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 11:29am
First off, I need to thank all the team at DS for an amazing job, from sales, CS, Alex the forum guy and more. Can’t explain how happy I am with the product.

Just got my back-up bottle coolant bottle and a few medicine squeeze from amazon. I was reading from a few reviews that this stuff has an amazing lifespan. Now to educate myself on the drainage process. Still brand new, but I like to be ready for when the time comes.

I tell yah I’m still in disbelief on how well this machine is running. Oh and the SSD is super super fast ( thanks on the tip to get rid of the Sata version I almost bought) I’m getting 4-5 second boot to desktop which is crazy compared to my old pc. I usually wait a few years when new tech comes out before buying so they worked out the bugs.

Was reading up on SSD’s and their stats because I’ve been out of touch with current events and to show you how far out of the loop I’ve been, I just read up that you shouldn't defrag a SSD, unlike mechanical drives and they tend to not warn you when they are failing. One day working next minute, dead.

So I set up my mechanical drive as the back up for my files. Then I was reading that to get the most life out of them, just keep static files and the OS on them and use a mechanic drive for apps and such that read and rewritten on a constant basis. Well to late for that, already installed all my games to the SSD and to be honest I love how fast they boot up compared to my usual HDD. I’ll take the risk.

It’s been awhile since I’ve OC’d a core, what are the acceptable running temps under load? Back to google I guess.

Anyway, thanks to everyone that gave me input on my build.

Bob100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bob100 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 5:17pm
What SSD did you get?
Dondomingo View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Dondomingo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 5:26pm
Samsung 970 pro PCIe. M.2 1TB
 Post Reply Post Reply