FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Appalled

Post Date: 2010-06-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DivaofDanger View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DivaofDanger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Appalled
    Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 2:23pm
 I was quit happy with Digital Storms customer service in the past and raved about it to friends. Until this morning. 

Still under warranty my motherboard has completely failed. Not even an error code in sight.  Upon calling and getting it verified with the Tech support, he told me that they would NOT cross ship a new board and that I would have to return the old one so that they could ship it back to the makers to be worked on.   I'm sorry but this policy sucks.  I can not wait a month to have my computer fixed.

It wasn't until I asked to speak to a manager that the option of upgrading at a cost was brought up. 

I might as well go out and buy a new one myself so I can have my comp back in a TIMELY MANNER!

I'm very very unhappy with Digital Storm.
AndydViking View Drop Down

Quote AndydViking Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 2:38pm
Really?  Are you sure?  They offered this to me with a mobo that went bad on me.  Now you do have to put a retainer (I guess that's the right term) on your credit card.  However, after that I thought they would cross ship.  After all if they have a valid credit card # it would be hard for them to get burnt on the cross shipping.  Maybe they changed policy.

If I am wrong and they won't do that then they should indeed try something like I mentioned; you are right as 1 month due to all the shipping to and fro is much too long to wait.  I hope it all work out.

Personally I'd call back and see if that option would be available.

Quote DivaofDanger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 2:48pm
I would not mind a upgrade fee as or retainer fee as long as it was within reason and in a timely manner.

Waiting on a return call now.

AndydViking View Drop Down

Quote AndydViking Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 2:52pm
The collateral/retainer fee I mentioned would be @ the cost of the mobo and when they get the RMA'd mobo from you they would not charge your card then but if they didn't then they would charge the card.

Let us know how it works out.
Sarah View Drop Down

Hardcore Gamer

Quote Sarah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 3:12pm
I am sorry to hear of the frustration you are experiencing with your system. I looked into your order for you to see what was going on.

The reason we are not able to send a replacement motherboard first, is we do not have any of your particular board in stock, otherwise we would love to do that for you.

However, we understand the desire to not have your computer down for any extended period of time. Our technician Mike that you spoke with is in the process of seeing what we do have in stock, so that we can work out some sort of upgrade option for you to get you back up and running as quickly as possible.

You should be hearing back from Mike today with what we are going to do to get this resolved for you.
Sarah
If you have sales questions, please contact [email protected]

Quote DivaofDanger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 3:52pm
Sorry but living on the West Coast it's pushing 5pm and businesses close for the weekend. 
My comp has been down since Wednesday  and in the shop of a technician,

I hate the fact that its probably going to be a following Monday before any headway at all is made in getting it repaired.

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 5:38pm
Thanks Sarah for the quick reply.

@DivaofDanger,

I'm sorry to hear about the situation. I understand that your motherboard needs to be replaced according to your statement as you took it to a local tech to have a look at.

Your motherboard, which is a 'nVidia 590 SLI' is unfortunately out of stock for an immediate replacement and Mike is looking into options. It was released more than 3 years ago and they stopped producing new 590 series boards a long time ago. I agree that you are under warranty and we'll be more than happy to find a solution for you.

He will be back in touch with you today as Sarah has promised.

For any future questions or concerns as well, feel free to email [email protected]

Edited by Alex - 04 Jun 2010 at 5:40pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 7:12pm

@DivaofDanger,

It appears that Mike spoke with you shortly after and arranged to upgrade you to an Asus M2N SLI motherboard for free.

In addition, he has already processed the replacement part request and it appears that the motherboard is now being tested so we may ship it the following business day and I see that it is going to you via 2nd Day air.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to email [email protected] and we'll do our best to take care of you.

Cheers!
SemperFuzz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SemperFuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 3:55am
Nice !  Service guys Wooohoo
Grandpa View Drop Down

Quote Grandpa Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 4:18am
Personally, I can't think of a fast way to replace a motherboard.  It's the heart of the system!  It would be worth some wait to have it replaced professionally.  That's why I always keep a backup system, just in case.  
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 5:06pm
yea, mobo going down is brutal, i had a really terrible exp with dso when i first started which had me sending back the entire system because back then i didnt even know what PCI or PSU meant, definitely glad i had my old dell to fall back on for the down time but DSO worked hard to make sure that they got me back up and running as soon as they possibly could, it looks like this will end well for you diva, i know how frustrating it is to go through something like this, and im sorry its giving you a bad exp but just hang in there!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 5:32pm

I agree that it can be frustrating if you are without your system for an extended time period.

Unfortunately, when components go bad, it's not our direct fault. The best we can do is help our customers get back up and running.

In this situation, the motherboard went bad, and we didn't have an exact replacement. After Mike looked into options with his Manager, I'm glad we found a replacement. We're never going to make our customers wait without options. I do feel that Mike should have offered options right away, and that's a totally different topic. I'm planning to talk to the tech team on Monday to make sure we offer our customers options right off the bat every time we don't have a warranty replacement in-stock readily available.

In the end, we take any feedback and ensure we improve as a company because we value our customers business.
 Post Reply Post Reply