FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

XxRainManxX's PC Fully Watercooled 2xGTX480

Post Date: 2010-08-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
XxRainManxX View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote XxRainManxX Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: XxRainManxX's PC Fully Watercooled 2xGTX480
    Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 11:42am
So it has arrived and been up and running for about 2 weeks now. The experience has been great. The system came very well packaged. The only thing I really had to do was re-seat the memory and one of the graphics cards. Let me say this system was extremely heavy weighing in at around 75lbs.

Here are the specs and below them are the pics:

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Black OPS HailStorm Edition
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 930 2.8GHz (Quad Core)
Motherboard: EVGA X58 Classified 3X SLI (Intel EATX X58 Chipset) (Supports Triple SLI or CrossFire)
System Memory: 12GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 1500W Silverstone (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible) (Recommended)
Expansion Bay: External USB Digital Media Card Reader
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (256GB Solid State (By: Corsair) (Model: CSSD-V256GB2-BRKT)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 4x (1TB Seagate/Western Digital (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache) (SATA) (Extreme Speed)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: Blu-Ray Writer/Reader (Burn Blu-Ray discs and play them)
Optical Drive 2: Blu-Ray Player/DVD Writer (Play Blu-Ray and Burn DVDs)
Internet Access: Killer 2100 (Maximum Optimized for Online Gaming) Lag and Latency Reduction
Video Card(s): 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 1.5GB (Includes PhysX Technology)
Add-on Card: Pinnacle PCTV USB HD Pro Stick (HDTV, Video Recording, Video Capture)
Sound Card: Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion (Includes Front I/O) (PCI-Express Slot Based)
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 6: Sub-Zero LCS Dual Loop: CPU & Dual SLI/CrossFire Video Cards & Chipset
H20 Tube Color: Blue Tubing with High-Performance Fluid (UV Lighting Reactive)
Chassis Airflow: Upgrade Chassis With Zalman Performance Fans (Up to 6 Fans)
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (UV) (Creates Glowing Effect for H20 Tubes)
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: HailStorm & 950Si: Processor & Video Card Area: Drill and Mount Two Side Window 120mm Fan Blow-Holes
Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds with Noise Dampening Material)
CPU Boost: Stage 2: Overclock the processor between 4.0GHz to 4.2GHz (Requires H20 Cooling Upgrade)
Graphics Boost: FREE: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
Memory Boost: Memory Fan Kit Only (Does not include memory overclocking service)
OS Boost: FREE: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit Edition)
Restore Kit: Digital Storm Specialized Recovery System (DVD Image Based)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Benchmarking: - No Thanks
Pre-Install Game: FREE: Hot-selling game with a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 or above graphics card
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: Razer Mako THX Advanced Speaker System (2.1 System) (Includes Subwoofer)
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Gaming USB Desktop (Multimedia Keyboard)
Mouse: Razer Lachesis Gaming Mouse (High-Speed Gaming Grade)
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: FREE: Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black (Small)
Priority Build: Please Prioritize: Ship Within Four Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Hassle-free Hardware Service

I can say DigitalStorm is a company with GREAT customer support and Rock-Solid Custom PC's.

Edited by XxRainManxX - 26 Aug 2010 at 11:44am
XxRainManxX
~Pushing the limits of Technology~
sirsiddius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sirsiddius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 12:12pm
Woah man that is an epic build right there. Drooling
Have fun with your rig.
freaky View Drop Down

Quote freaky Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 3:35am
That is a damn fine looking beast of a machine! I wish I had your wallet. Excited

My only gripe would be those ghetto looking fan resistors. At a minimum they can toss on some black shrink wrap so they don't mar that beautiful view in the side window.
rholyrag View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote rholyrag Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 5:23am
Wow!  That's a beast of a machine...enjoy!
"What we do in life echoes in eternity" - Maximus from Gladiator
Mr. View Drop Down

Quote Mr. Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 7:17pm
Whats the XSPC thing?
Mr.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 7:24pm
@Mr., that is our front bay pump and reservoir tank system.

Quote XxRainManxX Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 1:20pm
Thanks everyone!

@Freaky, yeah I totally agree it has been driving me crazy. I plan on just taking some black electrical tape and making it not so apparent.
XxRainManxX
freaky View Drop Down

Quote freaky Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 2:57pm
You think they would also sleeve up the fan as well considering their attention to detail in everything else.

I have the same problem. I am a perfectionist and stupid little things like that will drive me crazy, even though 99% of the general population wouldn't notice, nevermind even care about it.

Other than that, that badboy is a monster of a rig! How's the overall sound it puts out? It's hard to tell from the pics, but did they install the sound dampening material on most of the open real estate in the case?

I know some people scoff at using it because they think it causes a fair increase in temps, but I got it on my rigs and to me, it made a very noticable difference sound-wise and my temps went up maybe 2 degrees. I even put it in my external cooling unit and it that really dropped the vibration sound a lot.

With these better designed cases nowadays and watercooling improvements and such, it should be negligble, especially with those 120mm fans all over the joint.

I will definitely get it on my next rig, which I hope to get from DS. I just don't have the time and patience anymore to do anything myself. Big%20Smile

Invader Mig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Invader Mig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 8:32pm
HOLY CRAP! That is a monster rig you got there.    I love the choice to be some intake fans on the side windows, very impressive job by DS as always. I can't wait until I get my cash together and can get a rig from here.

Quote XxRainManxX Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 11:40am
@Freaky

The sound is not bad at all. I don't actually have a decibel meter but I can say while working beside it I usually only really notice a slight hum coming from the machine. I also love how cool the room stays compared to my other machine which heats up the room a few degrees when its running. As far as the sound dampening material I don't know that it makes a huge difference as the material seems like it is meant to cut down on vibration noise of the case and not actually sound noise from moving fans and hard drives.
XxRainManxX
 Post Reply Post Reply