relatively inexpensive build help

Post Date: 2011-06-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tbsqrd View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tbsqrd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: relatively inexpensive build help
    Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 3:08am
The configuration below is already over what I can really afford, but I am willing to make some sacrifices for future proofing and performance. I appreciate any and all feedback on what i could do to make this a great build.

Budget:

Expectations:
To play WOW on ultra settings and be able to upgrade in the future

Usage:
Primarily playing WOW with occasional photoshop

Saved Ticket #:

Digital Storm Desktop 282057     

$1,598.00

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master HAF 932
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz (Unlocked CPU for Extreme Overclocking) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-M PRO (Intel P67 Chipset) (New & Improved B3 Revision Without SATA 3G Issue)
System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 750W Corsair HX (Dual SLI Compatible)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (1TB Hitachi/Seagate (7200 RPM) (32MB Cache)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Internet Access: Wireless-PCI N 300Mbps (Supports 802.11n/g/b)
Video Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB (Includes PhysX Technology)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Corsair A70 Dual 120mm Fans High Performance Cooler
H20 Tube Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: - No Thanks
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz
Graphics Boost: FREE: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
Memory Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
OS Boost: FREE: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows 7 CD)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Benchmarking: - No Thanks
Pre-Install Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 5-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty
ironmb View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 3:48am
You should look into the lvl one Ode if that is your budget. It comes with a 2600k, not saying you're config is bad. But being that its cheaper than your config with a better CPU, i dont think you'll go wrong.
tbsqrd View Drop Down

Quote tbsqrd Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 4:37pm
Thank for your input. I did look at the ODE lvl 1 and my concern would be the ability to not upgrade to SLI if needed in the future and the subpar GPU that is provided in that build. Maybe I am not correct in the capabilities of the GPU included, but my understanding is that the 2500k paired with a good GPU is far superior to a good CPU with a mediocre GPU. I did say that $1200 is my budget but I can probably make some sacrifices to come close the the build that I posted. I would rather spend a little more now if it means saving and even greater amount in the future.

I am new to learning about all the inner workings of a computer and what is essential and not as essential. My main intention is to get a good set up that can be upgraded to a great set up in the future without having to replace some of the major parts like CPU and motherboard. I understand from reading that it would be beneficial to get a motherboard that can support some of those upgrades like adding another GPU for SLI and doubling the RAM as my funds permit. Any advice on the best approach is appreciated thank you in advance.

Edited by tbsqrd - 23 Jun 2011 at 4:47pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 4:50pm
The GTX 560 Ti is only slightly faster than the GTX 560. Plus, if you add a GTX 560 in the future as an upgrade to SLI, you'll boost your systems gaming performance.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 6:38pm
Well I'm not saying get ode 1, cause I like psu/cpu cooler in your build better.

but, the cpu is the brain of your pc, while gpu can be easily upgraded later, the cpu is not that easy for everybody, the 2600k will give you better performance now and think about 2 years from now too, it will distinguish itself further from the 2500k.

So in short just change the cpu in your config to the 2600k for better performance now and in teh future.

Also like to point out that currently there is no point in getting sli for wow, it does not utilize it correctly.

If you play other games then wow then tell us the native res of your monitor so that we can tell what kind of gpu power you need.
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

Well I'm not saying get ode 1, cause I like psu/cpu cooler in your build better.

but, the cpu is the brain of your pc, while gpu can be easily upgraded later, the cpu is not that easy for everybody, the 2600k will give you better performance now and think about 2 years from now too, it will distinguish itself further from the 2500k.

So in short just change the cpu in your config to the 2600k for better performance now and in teh future.

Also like to point out that currently there is no point in getting sli for wow, it does not utilize it correctly.

If you play other games then wow then tell us the native res of your monitor so that we can tell what kind of gpu power you need.

Clearly over budget..
Anglis View Drop Down

Quote Anglis Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 11:42pm
Since you're on a strict budget, and it looks like you mainly use your rig for gaming, I would stick with the 2500k.  It doesn't really out perform the 2600k at all in the gaming department, and I believe for the next couple years it will do fine.  The 2500k is many peoples preferred option for gaming anyway since performance is the same and you're looking at over a $100 difference.

2600k pulls away with video editing and programs of that nature.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 2:51am
You guys need to remember that you are coming to the conclusion that the 2500k and 2600k perform the same, but you are coming to that conclusion based on benches done on test benches, test benches run one game at a time, they don't have all the stuff me and you have running in the background, so unless you are not gonna be running any other software in teh background what so ever (keyboar/monitor dirvers, sound card drivers, anti virus, antir spyware, firewall, wireless card drivers,anything else you have connected to your pc), I would take those benches with a grain of salt, they don't represent the environment we have going on, on our pcs.

Also win7 itself takes advantage of HT.

Edited by DST4ME - 24 Jun 2011 at 3:00am
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 2:59am

If taking those benchmarks with no value towards anything, you should follow your same ideas, and stop linking benchmarks. He is clearly overbudget, based on your input you've been giving he needs to put an SSD, 2600k, and a better PSU. If benchmarks mean nothing in real world testing, then you should follow your same agenda.

His build that he posted is good, and the level 1 Ode is great for his budget. Based off that, your input is literally bad for DS from a business standpoint. You dont like any of DS' power supplies, you dont like most of their configs. Obviously you and I both know hardware fails all the time, the fact you keep downing some setups makes me wonder why Alex lets you run wild while criticizing DS builds.

I'm not taking a jab at ya DST4ME but from a business standpoint you point out numerous things that are great in value per hardware that you don't like. If a Corvette has a 5 year warranty, and then i go get a Cobra mustang with a 3 year warranty.. based off your assumption the mustang is just a bad car. SMH. It all boils down to.. you're still a customer, with your OWN opinion.

Edited by ironmb - 24 Jun 2011 at 3:02am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 3:02am
Alex allows me to speak my mind here because simply put as always:

You are wrong.

and

I'm not saying anything that is not true.

Also the OP can speak for himself, I'm giving him the facts, he can decide on his own.

Keep your posts directed at the OP, I not time to spend talking to somebody that denies the facts all day, no matter how many people show it to him.

Edited by DST4ME - 24 Jun 2011 at 3:04am
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 3:03am

You are wrong.

and

Also the OP can speak for himself, I'm giving him the facts, he can decide on his own.

Keep your posts directed at the OP, I not time to spend talking to somebody that denies the facts all day, no matter how many people show it to him.

What?

Ah, so the level one ODE is a terrible idea.

Got ya, Alex let's you say that?

Edited by ironmb - 24 Jun 2011 at 3:12am
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 3:05am

You are wrong.

and

Based off your assumption, by your ideology, you think the OP should not buy a computer from DS until he gets enough to get a 2600k, and a "better" PSU. So basically anyone who doesn't have over 1700+$ shouldn't even think about buying from DS is what you're saying. You can deny that's not what you're saying, but sadly that's what you're indeed implying. SMH.

Your mind set is:
Best CPU
Best PSU
or bust.

Hate to break it to you, not everyone has 4000$ to drop on top-of-the-line gaming computers.

Edited by ironmb - 24 Jun 2011 at 3:06am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 3:05am
LOL making up stuff is not gonna do anything then make you look worst then you have made yourself look already, where in this post did I say the ode is a terrible idea?   LOL I'm advising him to buy different parts but still buying from DS

I don't see anywhere on this post me recommending a $4000 pc either

Also there are times when I advise the ode 3, there are many things I like about the ide.

Edited by DST4ME - 24 Jun 2011 at 8:57am
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 3:08am

Clearly. smh.

ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 3:31am
DST i dont get what you dont understand, his budget is 1200$.. not 1700$, not 2000$, not 1500$. 1200$..

We say 2500k, you say 2600k.
OP says seagate, you'll say western digital.
DS says DS PSU, you say Corsair.
We say 80gb SSD, you say 120gb SSD.
We say 560, you say 570.

You're implying that there is better hardware than what his budget can afford. Of course there is better hardware.. that's common sense. You keep deteriorating from the fact that his budget is STILL 1200$. He clearly stated in his first post, he was already over budget from what he can afford. Yet you still keep telling him he should get a 2600k.. yes the 2600k is better than the 2500k, obviously. With a 2500k build hes already looking at 400$~ over his original budget.

Edited by ironmb - 24 Jun 2011 at 3:32am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 3:48am
Originally posted by ironmb

DST i dont get what you dont understand, his budget is 1200$.. not 1700$, not 2000$, not 1500$. 1200$..

We say 560, you say 570.

You're implying that there is better hardware than what his budget can afford. Of course there is better hardware.. that's common sense. You keep deteriorating from the fact that his budget is STILL 1200$. He clearly stated in his first post, he was already over budget from what he can afford. Yet you still keep telling him he should get a 2600k.. yes the 2600k is better than the 2500k, obviously. With a 2500k build hes already looking at 400$~ over his original budget.

Listen I asked you to keep your comments to the OP, what I say to the op is between me and him.

You make no sense and just like to talk, his own config is $2 shy of $1600

and you also don't like read his posts correctly:

Originally posted by tbsqrd

The configuration below is already over what I can really afford, but I am willing to make some sacrifices for future proofing and performance. I appreciate any and all feedback on what i could do to make this a great build.

----------------------------

My main intention is to get a good set up that can be upgraded to a great set up in the future without having to replace some of the major parts like CPU and motherboard. I understand from reading that it would be beneficial to get a motherboard that can support some of those upgrades like adding another GPU for SLI and doubling the RAM as my funds permit

I don't see why I have to sit here and explain something to you that the op has said in as the thread has progressed, you obvioulsy don't care to pay enough attention yourself, so why should I bother? he wants to have sli ability or at least look at that option, ode one can't do that, as for the 2600k, he will thank me and himself in 2 years for getting it, you sound like you have ever been strap for cash, when you are, you want to get something that last as long as possible with good performance, the 2500k is not gonna be that vs 2600k, so its up to him to consider future performance vs todays's cost, but that is for him an his budget to figure out, not you, unless you gonna go and pay for a 2600k and change it for him in two years.

If he has a problem with the budget he can say it himself.

So if its ok with you, I like to just talk to the person that is buying the pc.

We say 560, you say 570.

you were the first to say get teh 2600k in this thread:

You should look into the lvl one Ode if that is your budget. It comes with a 2600k, not saying you're config is bad. But being that its cheaper than your config with a better CPU, i dont think you'll go wrong.

having said that 2600K is better then 2500K that is a fact, not an implication.

western digital BC is better then seagate, again fact not an implication.

DS psu has 2 year warranty, corsiar psus here have a 5 year warranty and 7 year warranty, we don't even know the maker of DS psu or what kind of amps it has or anything, so of course the corsair psu is better, simply because with one you know what you are getting, and who makes it, and a long record of performance to look at, with the other you don't know anything. again fact not implication. (not talking about ode, just explaining why I like the corsair psu over the one DS certified).

you continue to advise budget people to get psu that has a 2 year warranty and I will advise people to get a psu with better reliability, and track record, and a 5 or 7 year warranty, they will decide what makes sense for them in the long run.

570 is better than 560 again that is a fact not an implication but show me where in this thread I said 570?

I say 120GB cause for games/os/apps that is what you need, and because the 80GB is slower than the 120GB, and last because I'm thinking about all stuff that adds up in a couple of years, you are just thinking and advising as if the pc is gonna be used for only a short time, I'm looking at it from a point of view of long term use.

Edited by DST4ME - 24 Jun 2011 at 7:52am
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 4:47am
Congrats you just spent 20 mins typing exactly what i typed! Not once did i say get the DS certified PSU. If you're implying that i suggested the ODE level 1, that has a DS certified PSU, then once again you're reading between the lines.

All boils down to me right, you wrong.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 4:59am
ROFLMAO

This is exactly what I mean, you twist words around, you deny facts, and at the end with the facts in-front of you, you insist you are right.

Just like how you were right about wow's sli support, and about the p67 maximus mobo's ability to do true tri sli, and about intel 320 reliability vs hdd, and the list goes on and on.

So if you think your right, go ahead, its got nothing to do with reality and what all of us are looking at.

Edited by DST4ME - 24 Jun 2011 at 5:25am
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 5:42am

What ever you believe is up to you.

I said ssd/hdd fail as any other hardware will fail.

I said the p67 maximus is listed 8/8/8, when you said it was 16/8/8.

Keep trying DST, i know you hate being wrong. :(
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 5:54am
LOL anything else you want to make up/edit/twist?

Also:

1. I'm not wrong about anything

2. even if I was wrong, as you can tell, I'm very mad

Edited by DST4ME - 24 Jun 2011 at 7:43am
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 5:55am

Anglis, the p67 does not have x16 x8 x8 to truely give, its advertised that way but you will endup with less bandwidth.

the mobo will have to beg steal and borrow to comeup with anything even close to that, your performance will be more like x8 x8 x4 or x16 x8 x4.

for this reason you don't see any of recommend p67 for tri sli/cf.

x79 will have much better performance in tri sli then p67 in tri sli.

Obviously I'm lying...

Edited by ironmb - 24 Jun 2011 at 5:56am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 6:02am

Anglis, the p67 does not have x16 x8 x8 to truely give, its advertised that way but you will endup with less bandwidth. the mobo will have to beg steal and borrow to comeup with anything even close to that, your performance will be more like x8 x8 x4 or x16 x8 x4. for this reason you don't see any of recommend p67 for tri sli/cf. x79 will have much better performance in tri sli then p67 in tri sli.

Obviously I'm lying...

LOL so you edited/didn't highlight the part where I said x8 x8 x4 which is what it actually is, and only highligheted the other part to twist what I said around to make it sound like I said x16 x8 x4 and not both that and x8 x8 x4:

Anglis, the p67 does not have x16 x8 x8 to truely give, its advertised that way but you will endup with less bandwidth.

the mobo will have to beg steal and borrow to comeup with anything even close to that, your performance will be more like x8 x8 x4 or x16 x8 x4.

and then you left out my next post when I corrected myself and said:

When I said the performance will endup being like a x16 x8x 4 or x8 x8 x4, I was not talking about the false advertisement that the mobo does, tho I don't see how it could do x16 x8 x4, so forget I said that.

Now can we stop this nonsense and let the poor customer do his own talking? his thread has been spammed enough with bs.

@tbsqrd, I apologize to you for all this , I should not have let it get this far , I just want the readers to know the facts, and sometimes I get too caught up in it , if you have any questions for me please ask.

Edited by DST4ME - 24 Jun 2011 at 7:39am
Muddy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Muddy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 7:23am

Can't read a thread on here anymore without Iron turning things personal. It's getting old. You guys need to settle the issues before it overtakes every thread.

Edited by Muddy - 24 Jun 2011 at 7:26am
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 7:50am

Ya so many threads i post on..

I dont take anything DST says personal, he just doesn't like when people don't agree with him. I take DST's information with a grain of salt most of the time I don't even understand what he's typing.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 7:57am
I'll put it to you readers like this:

listen to what me/dragoon/justin/and most of the other members here say, and later you will thank yourself you did.

Listen to Ironmb, and you gonna wish you had listen to me/dragoon/justin/and most of the other members.

literally one side is giving you good folks the facts, and the other side is giving you guys the very mis-info/opinions we spend our time clearing up for you guys form the net.

Edited by DST4ME - 24 Jun 2011 at 8:01am
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 8:16am
I haven't said one thing that has gave misleading info. Keep spitting your lies there champ. Quote all my things where i've said what you keep telling people.

Please list the bad info i've said, because i sure as hell just listed one where you said the Maximus was 16/8/8, then denied saying it, then after being quoted - you backtracked your statement.

You just can't stand when someone disagrees with you.

I say 2500k is a good CPU, you say 2600k is better. DUrka durka.
I say DS PSU is fine, you say its not worth it because corsair offers a long warranty.
I say Ode Level One based off his budget, you say go 500$+ because you can't grasp what the word "budget means".
I say H70 is a good cooler, you say A70 is better, and DS shouldn't use it.
I say the 800 GS is a great PSU, you say its bad based off a benchmark/test.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 8:53am

listen to what me/dragoon/justin/and most of the other members here say, and later you will thank yourself you did.

Listen to Ironmb, and you gonna wish you had listen to me/dragoon/justin/and most of the other members.

literally one side is giving you good folks the facts, and the other side is giving you guys the very mis-info/opinions we spend our time clearing up for you guys form the net.

I said my peace.

your entire post above is full of mis-info the readers see it and that is all I care about.
ironmb View Drop Down

Quote ironmb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 8:56am

I said my peace.

your entire post above is full of mis-info the readers see it and that is all I care about.

I hope so. While reading between the lines.. based off what DST4ME has implied in this thread..

@Alex - You should ban every member on this forum except Justin/DST4ME/Dragoon, apparently no one else's opinion matters here. You guys need to take away the ability to choose lower i7's, DST4ME doesn't agree with anything less than a 2600k. You guys also need to get rid of the 800w GS PSU, DST4ME says its a horrible PSU based off one benchmark. DST4ME says no customer should trust your selection of your PSUs. You should only have corsair on your selection screen. I'm trying to wonder if DST4ME says your PSU's are terrible yet you guys test them in your own building..

You also need to get rid of the tj02 Assassin case, DST4ME doesn't like the way it looks. The H70 by DST4ME's opinion is a horrible CPU cooler, and you should stick more air coolers in the case. You also need to get rid of all SSD's other than Intel, because DST4ME says they're all horrible. Get rid of all other HDD's except for the Wester Digital Cav's, DST4ME says the other ones suck too much. Based off his statements Digital Storm is putting crappy hardware into customers PC's. Oh, and your monitor selection is horrible based off what DST4ME says, you guys should ONLY sell Dell IPS monitors..

Think i cleared up your entire 25,000 posts to all the readers.

Edited by ironmb - 24 Jun 2011 at 9:23am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 9:16am
Alex knows and members know many of the stuff I say, they read that lot of knowledgeable members say also, many others advise 2600K, lot of knowledgeable members will advise haf, lot of knowledgeable members will recommend a70 over h70, lot of knowledgeable members will advise intel 320 series not just any intel for its reliability, lot of knowledgeable members will recommend 1TB bc because of its speeds, lot of knowledgeable members recommend IPS panels.

Why because they are the best bang for the buck when it comes to performance vs price, so its not just DST that is recommending those parts.

DS offers variety of parts and they keep chaning their parts based on price and performance, so just because they offer a part, it does not mean that part is top of the line, they offer all kinds of parts so that people have choices and can work budgets, this is why you see DS psu and corsair psu, you see DS ram and you see corsair ram, you see many different kinds of coolers, different mobos, just because DS offers killer 2100 card it does not mean that this card is the greatest thing in teh world, DS used to offer vertex ssds, that didn't mean they were great ssds, DS offers variety of stuff.

You recommend your opinions to readers and I will give them the facts and they can decide for themselves what they want to do, stop worrying about what I recommend and the facts most of us point out.

Since you recommend DS certified psu, I'm sure you are not just pulling it out of thin air that you like it, there are logical reasons for you recommending people spend their good money on it:

I say DS PSU is fine, you say its not worth it because corsair offers a long warranty.

there you go editing again, warranty is not the only reason I said corsair is better, I said reliability, performance, warranty.

Did you go with DS psu in your build?

Also I didn't say I think DS psu is bad, I said for $50 bucks its better to go with brand name psu that has a long track record/better performance/reliability, I also can't recommend a psu to people that I don't know who the maker is.

so lets just start with the basics, who makes the DS certified psu that you know is good and recommend? I mean if one does not even know who makes the psu then their recommendation is based on, well I dont know what, you don't know who makes it but you know its good? so do grace us with teh answer, who makes the DS certified psu?

Nobody can take anybody's recommendation seriously if you don't know the first thing about it, which is, who makes the psu?

Edited by DST4ME - 24 Jun 2011 at 9:37am
zangetsu View Drop Down

Quote zangetsu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 9:35am

Alex knows and members know many of the stuff I say, they read that lot of knowledgeable members say also, many others advise 2600K, lot of knowledgeable members will advise haf, lot of knowledgeable members will recommend a70 over h70, lot of knowledgeable members will advise intel 320 series not just any intel for its reliability, lot of knowledgeable members will recommend 1TB bc because of its speeds, lot of knowledgeable members recommend IPS panels.

Dude run on sentences are not cool. You two should seriously get a room, but I have to agree with ironmb, you do degrade others opinions. He does come off aggressive but look how you belittle him in every post in this thread. I posted about 3 months ago for a build with a budget of 6000$. You gave me probably the most budget based (2500$ build) computer build I've seen based on other people's opinions on guru3d, overclock, anand forums. At first I thought you were a DS representative, so I chose to go with OriginPC.

While reading more on these forums, I was going to get the wife a PC from here. As I keep reading you keep saying the word "we don't recommend", when the only person who doesn't recommend it is . . . well you DST. You should really start saying "I don't recommend".
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 9:39am
@zangetsu if you read around about ssd/2600k/sli/gpu and etc you will see many others recommend it.

You only see me post here because other knowledgeable members like dragoon don't want to repeat why I say.

just check his posts alone and you will see he says the same things as me so do many others.

Originally posted by Dragoonseal

Stick with the 320 series. Slower sequential (large file) speed than the 510 series, but faster small file speeds and better price point.

the A70 or Noctua air coolers will still cool better and run quieter. Also in the case of the A70 it will be a cheaper option than Asetek with extra fans.

A standard 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black HDD is faster than the 300GB VelociRaptor. Don't fall for the marketing, VRs are old tech and are slower than many modern larger sized and much cheaper HDDs, they are not worth the money whatsoever

I can pull these up all day adn from other members also so its not just me.

Also he has edited lot of his post so you no longer see the original personal attacks that he was doing, you are now just left with my responses, if you read up you will see eariler before he edited them muddy making a comment about iron making it personal:

Originally posted by Muddy

Can't read a thread on here anymore without Iron turning things personal. It's getting old. You guys need to settle the issues before it overtakes every thread.

So with all do respect, I'm only take personal jabs so many-times, I have ignored lot of what he say other times in other forums also.

Edited by DST4ME - 24 Jun 2011 at 9:52am
zangetsu View Drop Down

Quote zangetsu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 9:52am

I say 120GB cause for games/os/apps that is what you need, and because the 80GB is slower than the 120GB, and last because I'm thinking about all stuff that adds up in a couple of years, you are just thinking and advising as if the pc is gonna be used for only a short time, I'm looking at it from a point of view of long term use.

So reading this, and researching Dragoon's post; I noticed he has 3 80gb SSD's (o.O) That must make him unknowledgeable from what you said to ironmb in this thread.

The only person I've seen who justifies any truth behind his own opinion is Justin. Though I haven't seen him post on here for a long time.

If you talked to me the way you talk to ironmb, I'd probably give you some words that would probably have me banned from here. I won't sit here and watch both of you argue both valid points, its pretty freaking sad that you both say the same thing but disagree on how you word it.

edit: typos, also you should change your name, or the wording of how you suggest parts. I've seen numerous threads where people think you work for DS, while you sometimes tell them you don't, others like myself will tend to think you do unless you explain otherwise.

Edited by zangetsu - 24 Jun 2011 at 9:57am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 9:56am
Dragoon has 3 x 80GB in raid, so he is working with 240GB of space and in raid speeds are also much faster, Its not the same thing as a single 80GB don't you agree.

again, I just edited my last post about my tone of voice toward him, please go back and read it again so maybe that will clear up where I'm coming from.

Me and iron are not saying the same thing at all, with the exception of advising the op to get teh 2600k.

People that work for DS have their position posted under their avatar or admin or mod, and their star colors are different.

Also me justin, dragoon, some others, most times offer teh facts, we try not to offer our opinion, and when we do , we add a "IMO" to it to clarify that is an opinion, the net is full of false opinions and that is what we spend our time clearing up here. If justin was here he would tell you that himself and Dragoon will tell you the same thing himself.

Damn I must have edit this 8 times for typos.

Edited by DST4ME - 24 Jun 2011 at 10:07am
zangetsu View Drop Down

Quote zangetsu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 10:10am

DST4ME I'm not going to sit here and argue with you. I read the entire thread. He said the 2500k is a ''good'' cpu. He also suggested the ODE Level 1 for the reasoning that it has a 2600k in it. You said the 2500k performance should not be based off a benchmark.

When I posted a build that had a 990x x58 based build I was going to buy, you linked me probably 6 graphs from Anandtech showing benchmarks of the 2600k. Then I read this:

You guys need to remember that you are coming to the conclusion that the 2500k and 2600k perform the same, but you are coming to that conclusion based on benches done on test benches, test benches run one game at a time, they don't have all the stuff me and you have running in the background, so unless you are not gonna be running any other software in teh background what so ever (keyboar/monitor dirvers, sound card drivers, anti virus, antir spyware, firewall, wireless card drivers,anything else you have connected to your pc), I would take those benches with a grain of salt, they don't represent the environment we have going on, on our pcs.

From what I gather the whole debate came down to, apparently hardware =/= budget ratio. In my opinion though, your name is misleading, and the way you type your configs. Anyways I'm off of here, I've read all that I wanted.

edit: stupid quote typo

Edited by zangetsu - 24 Jun 2011 at 10:11am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 10:18am
As I said he has edited his post so you don't see all the stuff he wrote.

What I said was what you quoted, when the difference of two cpus is that close, you need to take other things into account, but when the difference is huge then even a grain of salt is not gonna make that big of a difference.

For gaming just about everybody is gonna tell you to get the 2600K justin, dragoon, me, I stand by my recommendations.

lets talk in 2 years and lets see which cpu is doing the best, the 990x, the 2500k or the 2600k, my money is on 2600K, there is not other way for me to prove what I'm saying other then waiting for 2 years so I can show the difference time/higher requierments makes.

what it came down to is that he was making his recommendations and I was making mine then few post into it, he started talking to me and complaining about my recommendations, and then he made it personal.

I ignored his first post, but he continued.

the op is asking me questions and I give him info and stuff to talk about, I was not even talking to iron, and then he made the first move, and as I said, he does this all the time, its not just here, just ask dragoon.

Edited by DST4ME - 24 Jun 2011 at 10:25am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>