FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buying a new PC, but totally lost

Post Date: 2011-07-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dranzogger View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dranzogger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Buying a new PC, but totally lost
    Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 4:21pm
Hi, im looking to buy anew gaming computer, for all, 100% game time. I was looking at a level 3-4 dreadnought, raven, or renegade. I just had a couple questions.

1. Can all of these PCs run SCII and COD MW2, mzybe WOW at high graphics at maybe 60+ fps?

2. Do these all come with a monitor or do i need my own?

3. Do I have to build it myself?

4. Do these have the RAM to run a minecraft server?

5. How much memory to these PCs have?

6. Does it come with Office?

If you have an answer for any of these, thanks, and it would really help to put it into simple terms like 'its got 100 GB of space but lacks a good process thingamajigy so your games will be slow' rather than ' you need an XDmcLOLPWNGRAPHICS9001 chip to play MW2' Thanks!

Edited by Dranzogger - 23 Jul 2011 at 4:47pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 5:15pm
@Dranzogger,

Thank you for your interest in Digital Storm, I'll do my best to help. I'm also going to move your thread to the 'Configuration Discussion' area instead of the 'General Discussion' section.

1. The Level 3 & 4 should have no problem running those games at 60 FPS+.

2. No, they do not, but, we do offer monitor options that you can add to your order.

3. Nope, we take care of all of that for you. You may place your order the way you want it, we'll build it, test it, and provide warranty and support for that system.

4. Yes, just make sure you get at least 6GB of memory.

5. It depends which one you are looking at, they do say, but, I know all Level 3 and Level 4 configurations have usually 6GB to 8GB of memory.

6. Nope, you may add it to your order however in the configurator.

I hope this helps!

Quote Dranzogger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 5:28pm
Thanks a bunch Alex, you're a huge help, but In #5 I meant how much space do they have for games to install and stuff like that. Thanks so much, and I look forward to ordering and gettung my system!
maxyme View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote maxyme Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 6:47pm
For the minecraft server it really depends on your upload speed. Go to canirunaminecraftserver.com and put in your speedtest.net results.
Steam:pcmaster160
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 7:03pm
You're most welcome. You will notice that our entire community is very helpful.

You will have a ton of space to install of bunch of games.
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 9:05pm
ode level 3 is a killer machine.

Quote Dranzogger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 4:00am
Originally posted by RiceEatin2000GT

ode level 3 is a killer machine.

I'd love an ODE but I'm also getting a bunch of extra stuff like a keyboard, office, etc and the ODE was already a little bit pricey. And from what 'I've heard these machines I'm looking at are killer PCs!

Edited by Dranzogger - 24 Jul 2011 at 4:01am
Invader Mig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Invader Mig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 5:23pm
What is your budget including everything, and what monitors resolution. Once we know this we can config something for you.

Quote Dranzogger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Invader Mig

What is your budget including everything, and what monitors resolution. Once we know this we can config something for you.

Well its ticket number 579293, but it's basically a level three dreadnought. My total budget is around 2K to 2100 including Office home and student, BlackOps preinstall, and the logitech thirty dollar mouse bundle, not to mention a monitor.I dont know what the monitor's resolution means, but it's a 19 inch cheap one off the configurator if I remember correctly. Also I dont really Need to maxing stuff or get the glorious graphics. I just want a system to run my games at high and not have hem all laggy. I dont care too much about leet max graphics.

Edited by Dranzogger - 25 Jul 2011 at 7:14pm
RiceEatin2000GT View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote RiceEatin2000GT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 12:04am
i havnt done any looking on newegg yet but i bet for 150$ you could get a better monitor than that one. Other than that your build looks okay.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 1:51am
ok I have to ask, why are you not going with ode 1 if that is your config? it has lots more to offer and price is lower.

Edited by DST4ME - 26 Jul 2011 at 1:55am

Quote Dranzogger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

ok I have to ask, why are you not going with ode 1 if that is your config? it has lots more to offer and price is lower.

I don't know much about the ode, so I don't have that much knowledge on it. Is it a better PC than the one I have lined up, or worse? Would an ode 2 be better than what I have?

Edited by Dranzogger - 26 Jul 2011 at 12:28pm
sdwas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sdwas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 2:28pm
I am by no means an expert or even a wannabe expert on computer hardware.  However, I've been doing a lot of research over the last couple of weeks, so I'll give you my $0.02 worth (may be overvalued).

It appears like the ODE Level 1 and your configuration (579293) are almost identical.  The only differences in hardware are as follows:

* Your configuration has a 750W power supply while the ODE Level 1 has a 600W power supply.  Shouldn't be a problem unless you ever go to SLI.
* The ODE Level 1 has name brand memory versus DS certified memory.  I can't imagine there being a difference.
* The ODE Level 1 has much better cooling (AIR: Stage 2: Corsair A70 Dual 120mm Fans High Performance Cooler)
* The ODE Level 1 has a faster CPU boost/overclock

The only other differences are the case and I do not believe you can get the software preloaded on the ODE Level 1.  With all of that being said, the ODE Level 1 with the same keyboard/mouse as your config comes out to $1675.  Your config after removing the software (Office/Black Ops) comes out to $1902, minus $75 off comes to $1827.  Installing the software yourself shouldn't be a big deal at all.  Finally, you should get the ODE Level 1 a lot quicker than you would get a custom build.  So you would get a savings of $150 with the ODE Level 1.

I saved the configuration of the ODE Level 1, it is ticket # 579951.  Hope this helps a bit.

Quote Dranzogger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by sdwas

I am by no means an expert or even a wannabe expert on computer hardware.  However, I've been doing a lot of research over the last couple of weeks, so I'll give you my $0.02 worth (may be overvalued).

It appears like the ODE Level 1 and your configuration (579293) are almost identical.  The only differences in hardware are as follows:

* Your configuration has a 750W power supply while the ODE Level 1 has a 600W power supply.  Shouldn't be a problem unless you ever go to SLI.

* The ODE Level 1 has name brand memory versus DS certified memory.  I can't imagine there being a difference.

* The ODE Level 1 has much better cooling (AIR: Stage 2: Corsair A70 Dual 120mm Fans High Performance Cooler)

* The ODE Level 1 has a faster CPU boost/overclock

The only other differences are the case and I do not believe you can get the software preloaded on the ODE Level 1.  With all of that being said, the ODE Level 1 with the same keyboard/mouse as your config comes out to $1675.  Your config after removing the software (Office/Black Ops) comes out to $1902, minus $75 off comes to $1827.  Installing the software yourself shouldn't be a big deal at all. 
Finally, you should get the ODE Level 1 a lot quicker than you would get a custom build.  So you would get a savings of $150 with the ODE Level 1.

I saved the configuration of the ODE Level 1, it is ticket # 579951.  Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks a bunch for checking all of this out and helping me, but, would ODE 2 be a worthwile upgrade or a waste?

Also, I looked at a couple monitors on newegg, and would a 23" S231 hldib 1920x1080 LED monitor be a decent buy? It's the same as the other monitor, $150.

Thanks!

Edited by Dranzogger - 26 Jul 2011 at 2:58pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 3:00pm
For that res, ode 2 would do better by like %20 or a little more, but for that res we recommend one 570 with option to go sli if needed.

Quote Dranzogger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 4:05am
Originally posted by DST4ME

For that res, ode 2 would do better by like %20 or a little more, but for that res we recommend one 570 with option to go sli if needed.

Cool, thanks. I've decided to go ODE 1, which saves me like $500 to spend on peripherals and stuff. Thanks!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 1:07pm
Our pleasure and good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply