FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to Digital Storm!

Post Date: 2011-10-27

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bbaisw View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bbaisw Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New to Digital Storm!
    Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 6:05pm
I'm new to configurating computers and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at just about every computer companies and I feel like Digital Storm is the way to go. I just want to get the best computer for my money. Thanks!

Budget:$2500-$3200

Expectations:
I want to be able to run this computer with top quality components without having serious issues in the future. Also want to have a computer that will be easy to upgrade in the future. Case easy to get in and out of.

Usage:
Gaming, web surfing.

Special Needs:
Would like the system to look nice using lights, but this is secondary to having a good performing machine that will last.

Saved Ticket # 610015

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master 942 HAF X
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz (Unlocked CPU for Extreme Overclocking) (Quad Core) <b></b>
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Intel P67 Chipset) (New & Improved B3 Revision Without SATA 3G Issue) <b></b>
System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 1050W Corsair Pro Silver 1050HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible) <b></b>
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (Model: Black Edition) <b></b>
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: Blu-Ray Writer/Reader (Burn and Play Blu-Ray Discs) <b></b>
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 3GB (Includes PhysX Technology) <b></b>
Add-on Card: USB 3.0 4-Port PCI Express Card <b></b>
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (High-Performance Edition)
H20 Tube Color:- Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Chassis Airflow: Upgrade Chassis With LED Performance Fans (Blue) (Up to 6 Fans) <b></b>
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Red) <b></b>
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package Stage 1 (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds Only) <b></b>
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: FREE: Overclock the processor between 3.3GHz to 3.9GHz
Boost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows 7 CD)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Install/Test Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 5-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 6:41pm
Your system is not giving you the most power for your money, the 590 is a horrible idea.

Here you go Ticket# 610026 --- $2,993 (To see this build click here)

Copy of Specifications:
Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz (Unlocked CPU for Extreme Overclocking) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Intel P67 Chipset) (New & Improved B3 Revision Without SATA 3G Issue)
System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 1050W Corsair Pro Silver 1050HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 320 Series)
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (Model: Black Edition)
Optical Drive 2: Blu-Ray Writer/Reader (Burn and Play Blu-Ray Discs)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB (Includes PhysX Tech) (EVGA Edition)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Corsair A70 Dual 120mm Fans High Performance Cooler
H20 Tube Color:- Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Red)
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires Pro or Deluxe Series Motherboard)
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)
Exclusive T-Shirt: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 5-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed

I took out contradictory and wasteful parts and left you with what gives you the best for your money.

Ask DS specifically for this fan to be added to the top, so you endup with 4 x 200mm fans:

haf 200mm non led fan
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 6:45pm
Hi bbaisw,

Welcome to the DS Forum. Glad that you found us.

You did a good job with most of your choices. You picked a great case for air cooling and then picked an inferior LC cooler. Here are some things I would change.

You didn't give us the resolution for your monitor but your system will work for 1900x1080/1200.

1. Drop your H20 cooler and go with the A70 air cooler.

2. Drop the Intel 590 video card. Go with SLI 570 1.2Ghz or 570 2.5Ghz. It is according to how much vram you need. If you game on one monitor then the 1.2 is enough. Although some members have reported BF3 as needing more Vram.

3. Don't get the performance fans. I have heard they are loud. The fans on the HAF-X are good fans. Just add one CM fan to the top and you are good to go. You have asked for red internal lighting and then also requested to upgrade the fans to blue. The front fan is red and that matches your selection of red interior light. So just drop the blue performance fan upgrade.

4. Drop the Noise Suppression Package. You have a great air flow with the HAF-X and you don't want to slow down the fans.

5. Get the stage 2 overclock. This system will handle it. Just ask for a Vcore below 1.4v.

6. You might want to consider getting Win Pro instead of the home version. If you think you might expand your memory in the future you are limited with home.

Don't forget to order your free T-Shirt.

Frank

Edit, will dang DST4ME beat me to it. Just forget what I said and get his system.

Edited by FrankW - 27 Oct 2011 at 6:48pm
bbaisw View Drop Down

Quote bbaisw Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 6:46pm
Could you briefly educate me on why the 590 is a bad idea and going with the dual cards is the way to go? and one other thing -- is the solid state hard drive the better way to go? Thanks for your help!
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 7:02pm
Hi bbaisw,

The 590 is basically two detuned 570's in a single housing. They create a lot of internal heat and that is why they are detuned. SLI 570s will out perform a single 590. The SLI 570s have a space between them that allows air circulation. You don't get that with a 590. If one of the cards in a 590 fails you have to replace the complete card. With SLI 570 you only need to replace the one that fails. Having two 570s gives you the ability to remove one or the other to figure out which one is bad. While you are waiting for a replacement you can still game with a single card. The 590 is a bad idea and I don't think anyone on this forum will recommend one.

Definitely get an Intel 320 series SSD. It makes a big difference in your computers performance. You should pay close attention to the system suggested by DST4ME. He has been doing this for a long time and his recommendations are dead on. If it is not in his system you don't need it. If it is in his system then you do need it. Its that simple.

Frank

Edited by FrankW - 27 Oct 2011 at 7:11pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 7:41pm
Balanced system = system with max power from each area creating the least number of bottle necks that hurt the system's performance.

You can't have a balanced system with out a ssd these days.

they help with everything, from windows to apps to games.

lets take a close look, my system costs about $200 more then yours, but mine has sli 570 (superior to 590 in every way), and a ssd which helps with everything, concidering that a 570 costs around $300, and a intel 320 cost around $200, mys config should then cost about $500 more but it does not, yet it has the ssd, sli 570, better cpu cooler, less noise, faster cpu (which is the brain of your system, the faster it is, the faster your system is), I mean just about everything is in there but the kitchen sink (can be added if you like it in there, let me know, this will raise the cost of shipping ), and all of that for $200 more then you were gonna pay, think about it.

I can assure you that if you put both configs next to each other, my config will have the best cpu/gpu performance, and will have less noise (while idle), and it will have better load temps on both gpus/cpu.
bbaisw View Drop Down

Quote bbaisw Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 6:39pm
DST and Frank,

So, with Windows Home Premium I would be limited to a certain amount of RAM? I'm also confused about how to go about asking DS for a fan on top. Any cons or reasons not to go with overclocking level 2?

These are the only questions I have left and I'm ready to buy! Thanks to all!!!

FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 7:04pm
Hi bbaism,

Win-7 Home Premium 64 bit is limited to a total of 16Gb. That includes the GPU memory. So you couldn't expand your memory to 16Gb if you went to with Win-7 Home Premium. It is only $32 more for the Pro and to my mind it is the way to go. Stage 2 over clock is where you want to be. The A-70 cooler will give you good temps at this OC. Just ask DS not to exceed 1.4 Vcore voltage.

Your special request should be included in the comments section of your build submission. When you get your confirmation Email make sure everything you asked for is covered. If not follow up with a phone call.

You can ask for the additional 200mm fan to be added to the top in the comment section. DST4ME has an item number to make sure you get the right one.

Frank
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 11:49pm
I don't have an item number but if you click on the link in my post where I refered the fan, you can see some info on it there, just as DS to add a non led 200mm oem fan to the top or include my link and say add this fan above it.

looks like CM is out of those non led 200mm fans again, so now you have to ask for this fan:

200mm red led fan

which is the "oem 200mm red led fan".

Edited by DST4ME - 29 Oct 2011 at 11:51pm
bbaisw View Drop Down

Quote bbaisw Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 1:29pm

In your opinion would it look good to get all fans in Red LED or should I just get the one extra fan in Red LED.  Also, would the LED affect the performance?  I guess I'm confused, they can get the other fans in non LED, but not the extra fan?

sneaky George W View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sneaky George W Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 2:57pm
hey bbaisw,
i have the haf x with all blue fans, internal blue lighting and uv lights (had them change out the one in the front) and i think it looks spectacular! (here's a link to my review with pictures) personaly i think it would be worth having them swap them out. no the LED does not affect performance, its just a light that makes the fan glow pretty. what DST is saying is that the non LED fan is out of stock, but not the LED ones.
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 4:08pm
Hi bbaisw,

Color of the leds and lights are a matter of personal choice. The blue is cool but I personal like the red fans and color. The front fan on your case comes in red. The simple thing to do is stick with the red.

Another thing to consider is will you use the lights and leds. The only time I ever turn them on is to show the system to someone. 99 percent of the time they are turned off.

Frank
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 7:23pm
I like the red personally, but blue looks fantastic also. IMHO if budget is there I would definitely change all 200mm fans with oem 200mm led fans, in this case red.
bbaisw View Drop Down

Quote bbaisw Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 7:18pm
My monitor right now is 1920 x 1200 and I might upgrade to 2560 x 1440 in the future, should I go with 570 gtx 2.5 instead of 570 gtx 1.2?

Also, on the stage 2 overclock it is Recommended to have - Liquid cooling upgrade. But you think with this case and these fans that it will keep the processor cool enough. Is there that much difference between stage 1 and stage 2. Are there people who have had this configuration with stage 2 overclocking and had good experiences. Thanks again.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 12:13am
for future res of 2560 x 1440, go with 2.5GB version of sli 570.

even tho it says lc recommended, the a70 and noctua are king till you get to stage 4, also I'm not sure why it says that for the p67 platform, this platform/cpu runs so cool with high oc, that is why we love it, long story short you don't need lc to have good temps, and if the lc is before stage 4 you won't have better temps than the a70 and noctua.

Most people here have the a70 or noctua and have no problems with temps what so ever.
bbaisw View Drop Down

Quote bbaisw Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 7:43pm
Almost ready to buy. Any other suggestions?

Specifications:
Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz (Unlocked CPU for Extreme Overclocking) (Quad Core) <b></b>
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Intel P67 Chipset) (New & Improved B3 Revision Without SATA 3G Issue) <b></b>
Power Supply: 1050W Corsair Pro Silver 1050HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible) <b></b>
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 320 Series) <b></b>
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (Model: Black Edition) <b></b>
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Video Card: 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 2.5GB (PhysX) (EVGA 025-P3-1579-AR) <b></b>
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Corsair A70 Dual 120mm Fans High Performance Cooler <b></b>
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires Pro or Deluxe Series Motherboard) <b></b>
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit Edition) <b></b>
Exclusive T-Shirt: FREE: Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black (Extra Large) <b></b>

Special Instructions:

1) I would like the fans to be all RED LED's            
x1 230mm Front In-take
x3 200mm 2 top Exhaust, 1 side In-take
x1 120mm Internal Front GPU dedicated
x1 140mm Rear Exhaust                                 

2) On overclock I want VCore below 1.4v.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 7:52pm
1.40v at complete stability with Prime95 and LinX may not be possible with the Stage 2 OC package. It will definitely be lower than 1.48v etc...
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 8:02pm
Lot of people have 4.6Ghz with lower then 1.4 vcore Alex, rice even did it for somebody who had a higher vcore at first.

@bbaisw, for fans just ask for all 200mm fans to be changed with this one plus the one that gets added to the top:

200mm red led fan

your 120mm fan and 140mm fan I would find a good quiet led fan myself, otherwise the ones DS uses are loud.

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 8:16pm
True, but, it's not possible on every chip. It may require special binning and cherry picking a CPU.Not every chip will run 4.8Ghz or even 4.7GHz at full stability with Prime95 and LinX at 1.40v.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 8:19pm
4.6GHz-4.5GHz is good enough IMHO with vcore below 1.4, and most cpus should be able to do this with the 2600k. either that or with stage 2 oc the cpu gets a 5 year warranty, so then the vcore is a non issue since if it goes bad you guys will core it for 5 years.

Edited by DST4ME - 03 Nov 2011 at 8:20pm
bbaisw View Drop Down

Quote bbaisw Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 8:31pm
So should I go with stage 1 overclocking?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 8:51pm
If you would like a lower voltage on the CPU, it would be best to go with a lower overclocking package.

Please note, the i7 2600K isn't a hot chip, with the A70 cooler, you can easily hit 4.8Ghz with great temps, even if the CPU voltage was above 1.40v+.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by bbaisw

So should I go with stage 1 overclocking?

if you like.
bbaisw View Drop Down

Quote bbaisw Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 6:07pm
Ticket Number: 615481

How does this look: I think this is the final configuration.

Question - Since the new CPU's and GPU's are coming out in the next few months are there any reasons that you all would wait for any of them? You all have so much experience, your opinion is vitally important to me. I can wait, but if the new CPU and GPU is going to be quite a bit more expensive, then I would probably go ahead and buy versus wait. I'm pretty maxed financially with what I have listed below.

Question - Do the led fans have on/off switches or can you request on/off switches and is that even important.

Specifications:
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 320 Series) <b></b>
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (Model: Black Edition) <b></b>
Video Card: 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 2.5GB (PhysX) (EVGA 025-P3-1579-AR) <b></b>
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Noctua NH-D14 Extreme Performance (Does NOT fit on the regular EVGA X58 3X SLI) <b></b>
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz <b></b>
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit Edition) <b></b>
Game: FREE: Batman: Arkham City (Available only with NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphic cards) <b></b>

I want the extra 200 mm oem fan on top. Also, I want all of the fans to be oem red led fans.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 7:33pm
Well the cpu is gonna be out this month, personally I would wait and see how they do and what happens to prices for current platform, I'm not sure what will happen, on one side the new platform is aimed at highend users and is more expensive, on the other hand you never know what will happen to the prices.

the gpus tho will be out in jan-feb, so thats a bit of wait.

this build looks good to me, I don't think there is anything new platform will bring that will offer enough to want to pay more for the people that just need dual sli for gaming.

change that last part to say " I want side and top fans to be oem 200mm red led fans and please also add one to the optional top slot of the case"

you have smaller fans in the case that are 140mm/120mm, they way you have it worded, they may change those to 120mm led loud fans.

Edited by DST4ME - 10 Nov 2011 at 7:34pm
bbaisw View Drop Down

Quote bbaisw Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 1:10pm
Does final build look good?

Ticket # 624841

Specifications:
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Noctua NH-D14 Extreme Performance (Does NOT fit on the regular EVGA X58 3X SLI) <b></b>
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires Pro or Deluxe Series Motherboard) <b></b>
Game: FREE: Batman: Arkham City (Available only with NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphic cards) <b></b>

Special Instructions:

1) I want side and top fans to be oem 200mm red led fans and       please also add one to the optional top slot of the case.

2) On overclock I want V-Core below 1.4v.

One other question - Would there be any reason to go with the 8GB DDR3 2000MHz GTX-8 Digital Storm Certified Performance Series instead of the 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series.

Thanks for all of your help!!!

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 12:14am
build looks great, change this

please also add one to the optional top slot of the case.

to

please also add a oem 200mm red led fan to the optional top slot of the case.

more we clarify the less chances of mishaps.

everything else is great and no, no reason to change ram.
bbaisw View Drop Down

Quote bbaisw Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 7:07pm
Finally bit the bullet and bought the computer!

Thanks a lot to all who helped me decide, especially DST4ME and Frank!

I'm at stage 1. If you see anything wrong please let me know.

Also, I was wondering do you all know where I could buy a wheeled type cart/piece of furniture to put the computer in? Not to cover it up but just to have easy access.

One other question is I'm looking for a new mouse/keyboard for gaming (possibly wireless unless there are issues with those), any suggestions?

Specifications:
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz <b></b>
Game: - No Thanks
kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by FrankW

Hi bbaism,

Win-7 Home Premium 64 bit is limited to a total of 16Gb. That includes the GPU memory. So you couldn't expand your memory to 16Gb if you went to with Win-7 Home Premium. It is only $32 more for the Pro and to my mind it is the way to go. Stage 2 over clock is where you want to be. The A-70 cooler will give you good temps at this OC. Just ask DS not to exceed 1.4 Vcore voltage.

Your special request should be included in the comments section of your build submission. When you get your confirmation Email make sure everything you asked for is covered. If not follow up with a phone call.

You can ask for the additional 200mm fan to be added to the top in the comment section. DST4ME has an item number to make sure you get the right one.

Frank

Whoooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... I did not know that the 16gb limit included the vram... I guess we still learn new things everyday!  Thanks Frank!
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 7:41pm
Hi bbaisw,

Well congratulations on your purchase. A great build and I wouldn't change anything except I see you went with Stage 1 OC. The 2600K is a wonderful CPU for over clocking. You chose the best air cooler but still stuck with the stage-1 OC. To me that is a mistake. DS even Over Clocks the ODE-3 to stage-2. You have a much better system than the ODE-3. Just ask DS not to exceed Vcore reading of 1.4v.

Frank

Edited by FrankW - 19 Dec 2011 at 7:45pm
HAL View Drop Down

Quote HAL Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 9:21pm
You would not be getting the most for your money at stage 1 OC, but there's nothing "wrong" with it, it will run great.

As far as keyboard and mouse go, check out Razer products. They have some great keyboards and mice for gaming, but can get pricey ($150+). DS sells them through builds as well (check mouse and keyboard options). Logitech and Microsoft also make good products, just do research on if there are anti-ghosting features (when you press multiple keys simultaneously the signals to the computer are not delayed or cancelled) and always check reviews

As far as furniture goes, I'm not sure what you are talking about or if it exists. You certainly don't want your rig rolling away as you are playing! A standard PC desk works for most people ...I don't know if you are most people though...

Edited by HAL - 19 Dec 2011 at 9:25pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 12:17am
Oh my gosh we need to make changes to the build.

we need to change nothing

guys the ram limit as of win7 no longer includes the vram, the memory controller has changed apparently, this was something we just figured out recently, so remember it no longer includes the vram.
 Post Reply Post Reply