FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shipping time table?

Post Date: 2014-06-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lee View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Shipping time table?
    Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 2:36pm
So the site advertises shipping within 72 hours of order, but the email I received said 10-15 business days. Will it really take that long?
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 2:52pm
So this is from the Terms and Conditions: Orders received before 3:00 PM PST are usually processed the same day for product build. Products are shipped only after build which can take up to 15 days on a standard basis. Your order may be delayed if your ship to address does not match what your credit card issuer has on their file.

Some orders that are shipped from fulfillment warehouses may require longer for the item to ship. We may also ship the orders with multiple items from different warehouses so it is possible you get the items on different days.

Due to the many circumstances such as unable to charge your card or verify your address, we cannot guarantee when your order is shipped out. Also if you choose next day air service, it does not necessarily mean you will get it the next day from the order date, it means that you will get it the next day from the date we ship the order. Digital Storm reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to delay your order for any reason.

It honestly varies for everyone, now if you are getting the Vanquish which is prebuilt then it will probably ship within the 72hrs because they stress test it beforehand and probably before they ship it out just to be safe.

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 09 Jun 2014 at 2:54pm
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Online Status: Online
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 3:06pm
Which machine? As ArkansasWoman says, the Vanquish will get out the door in a hurry because all they have to do is test it, it's already built.

The rest of the machines have to be put together AFTER you order.

That "15 days" might just be the generic email they send out to cover their bottoms. My Vanquish was ready for pick up 36 hours after I called.
Lee View Drop Down

Quote Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 7:03pm
The Vanquish II
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 5:26am
Originally posted by Lee

So the site advertises shipping within 72 hours of order, but the email I received said 10-15 business days. Will it really take that long?
Originally posted by Lee

The Vanquish II

Nope, you'll have confirmed shipping, if you ordered on Monday, by Thursday at the latest. Heck, you might even get the email today.

You could have the machine by this time next week, depending on how far they are shipping.

Enjoy!

Edit*... can't spell Thursday.... /facepalm/

Edited by Snaike - 10 Jun 2014 at 5:29am
Lee View Drop Down

Quote Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 7:50am
Thanks everyone, this is my first post here and I am definitely satisfied with the results!
DS2014 View Drop Down

Quote DS2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 2:19pm
Ugh, I relied on the information found on this thread coupled with the "ship within 72 hours" advertisement on the DS webpage before deciding to go with Digital Storm. Despite promptly getting an e-mail that said my Vanquish II passed all the tests and would ship within 0-1 days, I still don't even have a tracking number. After a lengthy attempt at contacting DS and only only to be met with voice mails and busy signals, I finally got a representative (in sales), who told me it could take up to 15 days!

When I asked why I was told it would ship in 0-1 days, she said that doesn't mean anything because it is automated response!

Regardless, she didn't know where my tracking number was, was not sure when it would post, and could only say that the shipping department has not been replying to their messages and must be backed up

Nice...

Edited by DS2014 - 25 Jun 2014 at 2:21pm
Lee View Drop Down

Quote Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by DS2014

Ugh, I relied on the information found on this thread coupled with the "ship within 72 hours" advertisement on the DS webpage before deciding to go with Digital Storm. Despite promptly getting an e-mail that said my Vanquish II passed all the tests and would ship within 0-1 days, I still don't even have a tracking number. After a lengthy attempt at contacting DS and only only to be met with voice mails and busy signals, I finally got a representative (in sales), who told me it could take up to 15 days!

When I asked why I was told it would ship in 0-1 days, she said that doesn't mean anything because it is automated response!

Regardless, she didn't know where my tracking number was, was not sure when it would post, and could only say that the shipping department has not been replying to their messages and must be backed up

Nice...

I'm sorry to hear that. I emailed customer support when one of my digital download codes didn't work, and they replied that day and gave me 2 codes and the original that was flawed. They were very helpful and quick with their response.
DS2014 View Drop Down

Quote DS2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 5:48pm
They just got back to me and resolved this issue.
Ben4jammin View Drop Down

Quote Ben4jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 7:42am
I ordered one, too. Unfortunately it appears that they did not hit the 72 hour mark. I ordered it this last Tuesday (June 24th) early in the morning. I even called my credit card company to make sure the charge would go through, which it did Tuesday morning.

Got an email Tuesday around noon that payment was accepted. I hoped this meant the machine would be shipped Thursday or Friday.
I too got the email that said 15 days and I sent in feedback for clarification. I got an email from Walter on Wednesday and he said I had priority shipping and that it would ship out within 3 business days.

That should have been Friday at the latest, but it still shows as stage 7 with no tracking #. I think they would be better off putting "MOST ship within 72 hours" rather than having a customer expectation that they may not meet.

This is my first dealing with Digital Storm. I love their website, all the focus on quality, the fact they are based in US, and that it seems to be a good value for the money (I compared with NewEgg, Ibuypower, etc). But my initial excitement at ordering a new system has been replaced with confusion because I have no idea when it will ship. I guess I have been spoiled by Amazon where you can track your order at ever step of the process.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Ben4jammin

I ordered one, too. Unfortunately it appears that they did not hit the 72 hour mark. I ordered it this last Tuesday (June 24th) early in the morning. I even called my credit card company to make sure the charge would go through, which it did Tuesday morning.

Got an email Tuesday around noon that payment was accepted. I hoped this meant the machine would be shipped Thursday or Friday.
I too got the email that said 15 days and I sent in feedback for clarification. I got an email from Walter on Wednesday and he said I had priority shipping and that it would ship out within 3 business days.

That should have been Friday at the latest, but it still shows as stage 7 with no tracking #. I think they would be better off putting "MOST ship within 72 hours" rather than having a customer expectation that they may not meet.

This is my first dealing with Digital Storm. I love their website, all the focus on quality, the fact they are based in US, and that it seems to be a good value for the money (I compared with NewEgg, Ibuypower, etc). But my initial excitement at ordering a new system has been replaced with confusion because I have no idea when it will ship. I guess I have been spoiled by Amazon where you can track your order at ever step of the process.

Have you called DS and see what the status is? Although you probably need to call them Monday since they are closed on the weekends. I'm sure it will ship out Monday.

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 28 Jun 2014 at 7:48am
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Quote Ben4jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 8:32am
ArkansasWoman777,

No, I didn't call as I figured it would ship right at end of business on Friday. Maybe it shipped, and the order mgmt system wasn't updated, maybe it didn't ship. But by the time I realized that it didn't show as shipped, it was past 5PM their time so I didn't bother calling.

Plus, since I had the email correspondence with them earlier in the week I figured that was all I needed to do.

It was just so disappointing. As I'm sure you can appreciate, getting a new gaming system is an "event" and I was SO excited to be getting one and was really happy that I found Digital Storm. Then when that first email came that said 15 days, the confusion set in and it has been downhill since.

I hope you are right, and that it ships Monday!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 8:36am
Shipping companies like FedEx and UPS don't do anything with it on weekends, anyways, so if it ships Monday then  not a lot of time lost.   Big%20Smile

But, it is exciting getting a new rig and the wait can drive you nuts. Hahaha
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 8:49am
Bprat does have a point on the shipping companies not shipping on the weekends.
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Quote Ben4jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 9:28am
Originally posted by ArkansasWoman777

Bprat does have a point on the shipping companies not shipping on the weekends.

They don't deliver on weekends, but they still move stuff around. If you travel the interstates (as I often do) you will see UPS and FedEx vehicles (usually 18 wheelers) running all over the place nights and weekends. UPS also uses rail, once its on the train it may travel at night or weekends.

So it likely will make a difference. My hope was to have it for the holiday weekend next weekend (3 days of non-stop gaming whoop whoop) but I doubt that is feasible now. Oh well, should have ordered earlier I guess.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 9:48am
@Ben4jammin,

I'll be more than happy to help! We received and processed your order on the 24th (Tuesday) and it finished Stage 7 (QA Pass) on the third business day (27th - Friday).

There are two possibilities: it appears that it might have gotten to shipping too late in the day for it to actually go out OR it shipped but FedEx/UPS have not sent us a tracking number back by the time we closed our shipping system.

The 15 day estimate you received via email needs to be corrected, I've informed our developer team to ensure VANQUISH customers do not receive the 15 day estimate, that's for our normal custom (build-to-order) systems.

We’ve been fairly good at shipping systems before the 3 business day estimate, however recently we’ve been very busy with a great deal of orders. I’m sorry for the delay, this is definitely not something that will remain an issue for long, Management has added new hires to help prevent any backlogs.

I will personally email you on Monday with an update as well. Feel free to email me at any time: [email protected] and have a great weekend!

Edited by Alex - 28 Jun 2014 at 9:49am
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Alex

@Ben4jammin,

... OR it shipped but FedEx/UPS have not sent us a tracking number back by the time we closed our shipping system.

Dollar to a doughnut this is the case here. We're pulling for you Ben4jammin....

(oh and btw, if Alex says he's on it, believe him.)
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 10:01am
PcKiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote PcKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 10:28am
And some of the DS PC's do not get shipped by UPS, or FED EX. Mine is being shipped by CRST. One or the worst trucking companies out there. Their drivers are almost all low paid Owner/Operators.

Alex why don't you tell everyone that Ground freight only ships on Friday, like you told me. The PC may have been pickup by UPS, But it is being driving across the country by some other company. Like mine is.

Edited by PcKiller - 28 Jun 2014 at 10:29am
I-5 14600 KF
ASUS Prime Z790-P D5
32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY Beast RGB
SSD M.2 2TB Samsung 990 PRO
RTX 4080 16GB
H20: Stage 3: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler
Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 by 1440
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 10:38am
Hi PcKiller...  If you selected Freight, maybe strapped to pallet, yours is a lot different than standard Ground used for the less expensive and less  fragile Vanquish line with no water cooling, etc.  You have Hailstorm with water if I'm not mistaken.    Standard ground is UPS and FedEx but Freight is a separate freight company that DS ships once a week or so. 

Edited by bprat22 - 28 Jun 2014 at 10:39am
PcKiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote PcKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 10:48am
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi PcKiller...  If you selected Freight, maybe strapped to pallet, yours is a lot different than standard Ground used for the less expensive and less  fragile Vanquish line with no water cooling, etc.  You have Hailstorm with water if I'm not mistaken.    Standard ground is UPS and FedEx but Freight is a separate freight company that DS ships once a week or so. 

Alex told me, and still have the e-mails that it was shipped by UPS. Do not say anything about it going to a company like CRST.

I have been a trucker for many years, and know all the ins and outs of freight.
I-5 14600 KF
ASUS Prime Z790-P D5
RTX 4080 16GB
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 11:03am
Hi PcKiller,

I did address this previously with you, I'm not sure why you feel we did not use UPS to ship your system via Freight? Please review the attached image at the very bottom portion of my post, it's the same thing I see when I go to UPS Freight and track your package with the tracking number I sent you.

If UPS is using other trucking companies internally inside their business, we have no control over that. Plus, this is FREIGHT, which is a lot different than a traditional package as it involves the computer being strapped to a wooden pallet. The shipping service you selected does not state it will go via FedEx or UPS either.

All freight shipments normally go out on a weekly basis as we have to request a large freight truck (18 wheeler) to come by and pickup all freight shipments. They normally do not come to just pickup one single pallet. This procedure is something all other customers have experienced that order freight, it's nothing new. Our status updates now also reflect this notice as well when customers log-in to the "My Account" section of our website (thanks to you for your feedback on this ).

Moving forward, please feel free to email me or post in your thread that's in the "Customer Service" section as your reply isn't related to the VANQUISH II status update topic in this thread. I'm always more than happy to help!, have have one awesome bad-ass PC on the way!

Quote Ben4jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Snaike

@Ben4jammin,

... OR it shipped but FedEx/UPS have not sent us a tracking number back by the time we closed our shipping system.

Dollar to a doughnut this is the case here. We're pulling for you Ben4jammin....

Well thanks for the info...I am really excited to get this new system as I have been gaming on a laptop with a nvidia GeForce GT 630M so this is going to be a BIG step up for me (I got the Vanquish II level 3)

I will check back Monday and hopefully there will be good news!

Thanks everyone
PcKiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote PcKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 3:33pm

Hi PcKiller,

I did address this previously with you, I'm not sure why you feel we did not use UPS to ship your system via Freight? Please review the attached image at the very bottom portion of my post, it's the same thing I see when I go to UPS Freight and track your package with the tracking number I sent you.

If UPS is using other trucking companies internally inside their business, we have no control over that. Plus, this is FREIGHT, which is a lot different than a traditional package as it involves the computer being strapped to a wooden pallet. The shipping service you selected does not state it will go via FedEx or UPS either.

All freight shipments normally go out on a weekly basis as we have to request a large freight truck (18 wheeler) to come by and pickup all freight shipments. They normally do not come to just pickup one single pallet. This procedure is something all other customers have experienced that order freight, it's nothing new. Our status updates now also reflect this notice as well when customers log-in to the "My Account" section of our website (thanks to you for your feedback on this ).

Moving forward, please feel free to email me or post in your thread that's in the "Customer Service" section as your reply isn't related to the VANQUISH II status update topic in this thread. I'm always more than happy to help!, have have one awesome bad-ass PC on the way!

I just hope it is NOT going to PTT as that is Pratt Kansas. Only half way to my house, as it shows on what you said was what you see when you use the tracking number you gave me in the last post to me.

I reason I am like this is cause I wanted the PC on a plane is to keep it from bouncing around in the back of a truck.

As for why UPS is using other companies is beyond me! I have seen so many doubles and triple on the highways of UPS and Fed Ex. And I have trouble believing them are running out of trailers.

I am also willing to bet my PC will have problems when it does get here.

And the reason you want to move this thread is so only forum members can see it. Right????

Edited by PcKiller - 28 Jun 2014 at 3:44pm
I-5 14600 KF
ASUS Prime Z790-P D5
RTX 4080 16GB
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 3:49pm
I think he's only wanting to move it so its in the right section and not clogging up someone elses thread.

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 28 Jun 2014 at 3:53pm
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 3:58pm
Correct, Arkansas. Plus, Pratt, Kansas..... what's the chance.
PcKiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote PcKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by bprat22

Correct, Arkansas. Plus, Pratt, Kansas..... what's the chance.

That is what PTT is. City codes used by air and ground freight.
I-5 14600 KF
ASUS Prime Z790-P D5
RTX 4080 16GB
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 11:10pm

PcKiller, You're a trucker, you understand the ins an outs of freight.  If you wanted your rig on an airplane, perhaps indicating air freight when ordering?  As far as CRST is concerned;  who UPS contracts out with has nothing to do with DS and not something DS has control over.  Ultimately, if there is a freight damage issue it's going to be UPS' responsibility.  You do know, of course, that all of the small package carries: UPS, FedEx and the Postal Service all use each other's services to move all of the packages and whatnot?  Who is physically moving your freight from location A to location B could be just about anybody. Smile

I also think your valid concerns should be moved to their own thread for more visibility and will make it easier to track the conversation.  Customer service threads are forum members, but anyone that interested can become a forum member.
PcKiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote PcKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 7:34am

PcKiller, You're a trucker, you understand the ins an outs of freight.  If you wanted your rig on an airplane, perhaps indicating air freight when ordering?  As far as CRST is concerned;  who UPS contracts out with has nothing to do with DS and not something DS has control over.  Ultimately, if there is a freight damage issue it's going to be UPS' responsibility.  You do know, of course, that all of the small package carries: UPS, FedEx and the Postal Service all use each other's services to move all of the packages and whatnot?  Who is physically moving your freight from location A to location B could be just about anybody. Smile

I also think your valid concerns should be moved to their own thread for more visibility and will make it easier to track the conversation.  Customer service threads are forum members, but anyone that interested can become a forum member.

Hi Snaike

When I placed my order, I chose the three day air shipping option for $454.22. DS called to tell me they were changing my shipping to ground because for the water cooling. The DS PC is not my first water cooling PC I order custom built. The first water cooled was the same size as what I ordered from DS and about a third of the cost of the air shipping DS charges me. And it showed up in great shape, and booted right out of the box. Now it is 4 years l8r, and is still running great.( Thanks Cyberpower )

I did tell the woman why I wanted it 3 day air, was that I wanted the 3 day air to keep the PC out of the back of semi. They said they felt better if it went thru ground shipping as they ( for lack of a better ) pad the inside of the DS PC's packaging with expanding foam.

If they just left well enough alone with the shipping, none of this would be going down. Not to mention I would have had my DS PC last Friday. The woman told me that I would get on 6/29/2014
and save $55.00. Now that I spent well over $6,000.00 on the PC, $55 wasn't a concern to me.

I-5 14600 KF
ASUS Prime Z790-P D5
RTX 4080 16GB
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 8:10am
Digital Storm means well, i'm sure they were just trying to save you money in shipping. As it is I'm sure your PC will arrive fine, mine did and it was through the USPS and my pc cost $3,000

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 29 Jun 2014 at 9:42am
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 9:25am
Originally posted by PcKiller

When I placed my order, I chose the three day air shipping option for $454.22. DS called to tell me they were changing my shipping to ground because for the water cooling.

That's the piece of the puzzle I was missing. As a CD you know freight which is why I was questioning why you didn't pick air... lol.. you did.

Overall, again, it's freight... you and I both know once it's on the truck (out of DS hands and into yours) it's just a very heavy box. Although to be fair, I've never seen anyone toss around a heavy box once strapped to a pallet.

Again, though, I'd side with DS on this one. If they've had problems with water cooled in air shipments before then they'd advise ground freight. Neither you or they want to see your machine come back so they are going to do what they think is necessary to make sure it has the best chance to survive the rigors of cross-country travel, via ground, air or spaceship.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 4:52pm
Hi,

Our team suggested to change from the normal 3 day air to freight because you ordered a high-end system that has a lot of fragile components. Freight shipping is the safest as it allows us to attach the computer to a wooden pallet. The fact that the computer is on a pallet means the only way to handle your computer is to use a forklift or a pallet jack. This way, your PC is not tossed around by the courier's shipping process.

Everything we've done is to ensure you receive a great product. We're on your side here...

I am moving this thread to the "Customer Service" section shortly. We'll keep it open until the situation has been resolved. Thanks!

And as always, feel free to reach me via email at any time: [email protected]
PcKiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote PcKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 5:05pm
I hope it gets here in prefect shape, I really do.

As for the air and ground thing, to me air would be a smoother ride than being in a dry van. That is unless CRST is putting that trailer on railroad. That would be a smoother ride too.

So I am going to wait til Wednesday for it to show up.
I-5 14600 KF
ASUS Prime Z790-P D5
RTX 4080 16GB
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 5:17pm

Quote Ben4jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 11:37am

@Ben4jammin,

Snaike,
that was indeed it. Just got notification that it had shipped, and when I check the tracking # it shows that it actually was picked up by UPS on 06/27 which is awesome.

But it shows estimated delivery of 7/7...NNNOOOOOOO lol. Was hoping to have marathon gaming session over the holiday weekend. Which I still might be able to. I know where the UPS station for my city is and I have gone there before to pick packages up early.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>