FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aventum 3 Liquid Cooling Maintenance?

Post Date: 2016-02-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
senister View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote senister Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Aventum 3 Liquid Cooling Maintenance?
    Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 10:07pm
So I was tempted to buy the aventum 3 but eventually convinced myself to get the apollo instead. The primary reason was I am unfamiliar on how to clean and maintenance with liquid cooling. But it just looks so good that I still really want it.

I just wanna know how easy it is to maintain the hydro lux pro on the aventum 3 because I heard they made it easier to clean and maintain, but I cant find any detailed guide on this site on how to do it. Much appreciate any help/advice.

Edit: Forgot to mention, another problem is the hard line tubing that I chose in the customization. I live all the way across the states in the east coast so I am afraid of the machine getting damage during delivery.

Edited by senister - 18 Feb 2016 at 10:14pm
eeekman View Drop Down

Quote eeekman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 5:00am
I haven't maintained the liquid cooling yet. Although that will happen soon (I sent my video cards back to get them set-up for water cooling).

I also live on the east coast and my Aventum 3 arrived in good shape. I had to tighten a few screws but nothing serious. There are a very few reports on this forum about people having a leak upon first startup after delivery but with the exception of one post that I read, all were easily remedied.

Digital Storm packs these Aventums really well and they back-up their product 100%.

Aventum 3
i7-6700k @ 4.6GHz
32gb 3200MHz RAM
Gigabyte Auros Waterforce Extreme 1080ti
SnowandSand View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SnowandSand Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 5:49am
I ordered a Hailstorm II recently with a stage 3 Hydrolux system and It arrived in great shape.  I only had to reconnect 1 case fan.  It was shipped freight also but for some reason It arrived without the pallet as in the above picture, so I was a bit worried  when I opened the box up.  But like I said it arrived in great shape.  I forgot to add that it was shipped to Columbus, GA so I wouldn't worry too much.

Edited by SnowandSand - 19 Feb 2016 at 5:50am
Hailstorm II(Retired)
R7 2700x
16GB Team Dark Pro @ 3200 CL14
Asus x470 CH VII Hero
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W PSU
250GB Samsung 850 EVO
1TB & 6TB WD - Black Edition
2x GTX 980TI Strix
Hydrolux Stage 3
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 6:52am
Hi,
Have an Aventum II w/Hydrolux, cpu and gpus. Have had to refill the reservoir more than once and had some leaks from fittings going to the gpu block. DS sent replacements and no more leaks. Also received on a pallet (S. Fla.) with a memory chip loose inside the case and damaged. DS also replaced it. Great service. Have had since Nov. 2015 and no issues.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 1:23pm
Regarding maintenance, you don't have to do much, just top off the fluid in the large reservoir tank. That should last you a few years as the tank we use is quite large. Other than that, there's not much to do.
senister View Drop Down

Quote senister Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 8:14pm
I thought you have to flush the tubes or something? Guess not.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 1:23pm
No, you do not need to.
CodeMonkey View Drop Down

Quote CodeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Alex

No, you do not need to.

I bought one of the first Aventum III's that came out, actually had to wait for the preorder cuz it hadn't even come out yet LOL, but now after about 4 years the water tank really needs really topping off, but I don't know how. Does the whole top screw off, do I need to pop out that semitransparent whiteish plug in the middle of the top big black cap? How do I add water or top it off because the water has dropped about 4-5 inches from the top?

Oh yeah, before anyone asks, there's no leaks, the water level dropping has been very slow and progressive, just over the passage of time.

Edited by CodeMonkey - 15 Feb 2019 at 1:09pm
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 1:54pm

Any pc water cooling supplier will have a simple fill/drain kit under $20 that has a plastic squeeze bottle with a long neck tube...and usually a small funnel. You buy the same coolant that DS used in your rig (ask them what fluid to buy), and with the pc shut down there should be a small round fill port plug on top of the coolant reservoir.   You can just top off the coolant level using the squeeze bottle and you are good to go again.   Eventually system might need a flush but this should be what you need right now.   

Quote CodeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 2:40pm
The small round fill plug is that "semitransparent whiteish plug" I mentioned, but I don't know if that plug   pops out or screws out. I tried sticking a knife blade under it and it didn't seem to wanna pop out, so I'm guessing it might screw out, but that plug also has what looks like a hexagonal hole in it, which is either for an allen wrench or that hole is a top off hole. The biggest problem I'm having is that I have almost no direct visibility, and I can only see from the side through like a 1.5-2 inch slut, because the the plastic water hub/router from the top radiator sits right above the main water tank. That's why I'd like to know exactly, so I don't start experimenting or forcing it, when I have only such a small space to work in.

Edited by CodeMonkey - 15 Feb 2019 at 2:53pm
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 2:50pm
No prying with knives, please. The hexagonal hole is for a 6mm allen. It is a very stubby one that came in your boxes with the system. Otherwise as I said, IIRC.
You might be out of luck in getting the same coolant but do call DS to find out what they used. Good luck.

Quote CodeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 2:55pm
That's all I needed to know, the 6 mm allen and yeah, I got allens by the truckload and I can just cut them to fit.

Much thanks.

Edited by CodeMonkey - 15 Feb 2019 at 3:00pm
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 2:59pm
Fill plugs screw into place, and will have an o-ring seal.   I don’t know what reservoir you have or how it’s placed, so it’s hard to be certain you are looking at the right thing.    A photo might help, but DS Support would better be able to provide you with model or build specific instructions for topping off fluid in your coolant reservoir by looking up your order number.   Also, ask DS what exact coolant was used in your Aventum build so you buy the exact same coolant.   
 Post Reply Post Reply