FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aventum 3 vs Haistorm 2

Post Date: 2016-06-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  123 4>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Xenecus View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Xenecus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Aventum 3 vs Haistorm 2
    Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 2:37pm
Looking to buy a system from DS, unfortunately looks like the Aventum 3 case is on backorder...

After configuring the same setup on a Hailstorm 2, looks like it's exactly the same $$$....

1) So my question, what do I get on the Aventum 3 case over the Hailstorm 2 one? I'm thinking I should wait till Aug for the Aventum 3

2) Can anyone confirm that water cooling the GPU's (planning on 1080 SLI) it wont thermo throttle?, in other words how effective is water cooling GPU's with the Aventum 3 water cooling (the pro option) vs regular air stock?

3) Which system is less noisy between the Aventum 3 or Hailstorm 2? and will watercooling GPU make it less or more noisy?

4) How hard is it to upgrade the video cards in the future when watercooled? is it possible to buy upgrade video cards from DS with the water blocks installed? or do I have to ship the system for this?

5) How much maintenance does the water colling system require?

thank you!
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 2:56pm
1) With the Aventum, you get a completely custom case that you can't get anywhere else. It uses 140mm fans, instead of 120mm fans, so there is a larger amount a surface area with the radiators, too. The Hailstorm is the Corsair 900D...not that there is anything bad with it.

2) It would be highly unlikely a water-cooled GPU. The cooling loop itself should not exceed 60 degree C because of the pump maximum operating temperature; that's not to say the GPU can't be any hotter as that is only the temperature of the water running over it, but it wouldn't be much hotter. You can turn up the maximum temperature of the GPU into the 90's, if you want. The cooling solution on both the Aventum and Hailstorm is overkill, so you won't have issues with this unless you're going to be operating it outside in Dubai.

3) Noise is all about fan speed. With larger fans and more surface area of the Aventum, you can turn fans down even more...but to be honest, they'll be spinning a very low levels on either, as the cooling systems are fairly overkill.

4) Easier with a flexible tubing set-up. DS would use quick-disconnects fittings on both, so you could keep the loop mostly intact if you go to upgrade the GPUs. With a hardline set-up, you will need to drain the entire thing.

5) Not much...usually a top-off every 6 months to a year, possibly less.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Xenecus

Looking to buy a system from DS, unfortunately looks like the Aventum 3 case is on backorder...

After configuring the same setup on a Hailstorm 2, looks like it's exactly the same $$$....

1) So my question, what do I get on the Aventum 3 case over the Hailstorm 2 one? I'm thinking I should wait till Aug for the Aventum 3 the Aventum 3 is a custom case designed to integrate a select watercooling and wiring config.  if you want more options as to using different rads and watercooling layouts you might want to go with a Hailstorm as it uses a generic Corsair case. 

2) Can anyone confirm that water cooling the GPU's (planning on 1080 SLI) it wont thermo throttle?, in other words how effective is water cooling GPU's with the Aventum 3 water cooling (the pro option) vs regular air stock? the cooling of the Aventum 3 is overkill.  my 980ti's are overclocked as much as the cards allow and they never exceed temps in the 40C range.  for thermally challenged cards like these new Pascal's watercooling (or custom air) is a must if you plan to oc them in the slightest.  even though the Aventum 3 uses 15 fans total, the 3 rads keep it cool enough to run those fans at lower rpm = lower noise than you'd expect. 

3) Which system is less noisy between the Aventum 3 or Hailstorm 2? and will watercooling GPU make it less or more noisy? it all depends on the fans/rads/pump being used.  if you use the high end DS config it's probably going to perform the same with some small difference in the fact that the Aventum is more "open" of a case then the Corsair 900D, so perhaps a little more noise. 

4) How hard is it to upgrade the video cards in the future when watercooled? is it possible to buy upgrade video cards from DS with the water blocks installed? or do I have to ship the system for this? if you get the flex tubing with the quick disconnects you won't have to drain the entire system, but you will have to remove the water blocks and tubing from the vid cards.  you won't be able to reuse the blocks on different gpus (unless they are the same model).  DS currently uses EK water blocks.  you can either get them from EK directly and install yourself of ship the pc back to DS to do it for you.  i'm pretty sure the mark up the blocks slightly, although labor will be covered under your warranty for the time you have it. 

5) How much maintenance does the water colling system require? you used to have to flush out and refill once every 6-12 months and change out tubing and scrub your blocks/fittings every couple of years.   the tubing being used now, in these DS systems is medical grade (when talking about flex tubing) and fairly "leeching" free, so it goes a long time w/o the need for changing.  coolant mixtures of today are longer lasting, but you'll get different advice from different people on how long one should go w/o changing it out as well.  DS will tell you you're fine for a few years.  avid enthusiasts probably change it out every 6 mos to a year.  if you notice any clouding or color change it would be advisable to change it immediately and do at a minimum a good system flush multiple times. 

thank you!
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
Xenecus View Drop Down

Quote Xenecus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 3:31pm
Thank you for the quick and thorough reply guys... really thank you for that...

Would you guys suggest to go with custom cooling (air) GPU's? seems like an easier/cheaper choice for upgrading... I'm concerned about heat and noise with SLI setup and one card flushing hot air to the next.. that's why I wanted to go full water cooled....

Seems like the Aventum 3 is the better case for cooling ... I'm going to bite the bullet and wait till aug, maybe the third party cards are available then...
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 3:36pm
1. Personal choise really unless you are an expert Overclocker that knows his cooling very well and wants to use large liquid cooling custom parts. In this case I assume based on your questions that you are not looking for custom liquid cooling parts, So long story short the difference in cases don't really mean much to you.

2. Wait for the non reference cards and your temp should be better for oc and temps on air, but for oc on gpu LC will always yield better temps.

3. On LC only noise is going to come from the fans, if you choose fans that are loud then the system will be a bit loud. Most noise comes from gpu's fans.

4. when you upgrade the video card keep in mind you have to pay for the video card and buy a new waterblock to go on the new graphics card, each gpu model needs its own waterblock, then you have to put the waterblock on the gpu and then connect it to the lc loop. Watch a couple of videos and see if you feel comfortable with this.

5. I would recommend drain/change liquid once a year.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 3:37pm
why get an Aventum if you're seriously considering air cooling?  i wouldn't, much cheaper alternatives.  the Aventum 3 is the DS flagship, designed as a full custom water loop solution supporting many devices as possible.  the Hailstorm is also what i'd consider a full on water cooling case.   if you want to go with an air cooled system choose a Velox.   
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 3:39pm
What is wrong with getting the Aventum aircooled, I mean I agree that its a great case for LC but if one wants to have a air cooled system IMHO Aventum is a great case for that too.

Lots of room never hurts.
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 3:40pm
I'd only recommend the Aventum or Hailstorm if you are water cooling everything. If you are going to air cool the GPUs, go with the Velox...but if you are really concerned with thermal throttling, water cooling the GPUs is the way to go.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

What is wrong with getting the Aventum aircooled, I mean I agree that its a great case for LC but if one wants to have a air cooled system IMHO Aventum is a great case for that too.

Lots of room never hurts.
it's not so much that the Aventum 3 can't air cool well, it's that it's an expensive, over-engineered, custom case that carries a price premium associated with it's initial design and construction costs.  not to mention that the design itself, with its liquid transportation pass thru, is superfluous to air cooling.  the wiring harness/chassis is still nice, but still not enough to justify the cost/price>performance.   like i said, cheaper alternatives available and if you still want that DS custom feel go with the VeloxBig%20Smile
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 3:51pm
I agree with what you are saying but I can get better air cooling with proper fans placed on aventum/hailstorm then velox plus more room which is a big deal for me, but ya the price I would pay would be much higher but IMHO my air flow/temps would be much better then velox.

but like I said I agree with what you are saying as far as cost and etc.

Edited by DST4ME - 23 Jun 2016 at 3:52pm
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 5:53pm
I doubt it. The front on the Aventum is drawing in air entirely through the side slots and then is passed through the hard drive cages. The Velox has a clear shot through the mesh front panel straight to the components. The top ventilation would be the same on both, unless there is a radiator in the top position.
Xenecus View Drop Down

Quote Xenecus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 7:29pm
OK a couple of additional questions:

1) Is draining the whole system and replacing the cards an impossible task for end users? is it something we can do with a support call walkthrough (assuming I have assembled my own PC's in the past)

2) If I pick GPU water cooled, does DS ship the original fans? So when I upgrade I can resell the used cards.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 7:42pm

1) Is draining the whole system and replacing the cards an impossible task for end users? is it something we can do with a support call walkthrough (assuming I have assembled my own PC's in the past) 

2) If I pick GPU water cooled, does DS ship the original fans? So when I upgrade I can resell the used cards.
no not an "impossible" task, but it can be a bit daunting to someone for the first time.  fortunately, there are plenty of youtube vids on how to do it properly.  i think it can be a pita with how big this Aventum is, because you kind of have to be able to tilt the machine at times to get all of the fluid out of the rads (especially the lower rads) and this beast is HEAVY!! 

they didn't give me the original coolers that came with the Asus Strix 980ti's i bought and had replaced with EK water blocks, so, unless you make that request with them i'd say no.  your warranty with Asus is void anyway when you do that with their cards.  some companies are different with that policy.  however, i guess it'd be nice to have them for resale. 
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
Xenecus View Drop Down

Quote Xenecus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by db188

no not an "impossible" task, but it can be a bit daunting to someone for the first time.  fortunately, there are plenty of youtube vids on how to do it properly.  i think it can be a pita with how big this Aventum is, because you kind of have to be able to tilt the machine at times to get all of the fluid out of the rads (especially the lower rads) and this beast is HEAVY!!  they didn't give me the original coolers that came with the Asus Strix 980ti's i bought and had replaced with EK water blocks, so, unless you make that request with them i'd say no.  your warranty with Asus is void anyway when you do that with their cards.  some companies are different with that policy.  however, i guess it'd be nice to have them for resale. 

Thanks db188!, how are the noise levels of your setup? have you actually measured it? is it above 30 DBs?

Are there any huge performance differences between the hard and soft water cooling tubes?... because I'm thinking it's actually a plus getting the soft ones to avoid the system drain...
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 8:01pm

Originally posted by db188

no not an "impossible" task, but it can be a bit daunting to someone for the first time.  fortunately, there are plenty of youtube vids on how to do it properly.  i think it can be a pita with how big this Aventum is, because you kind of have to be able to tilt the machine at times to get all of the fluid out of the rads (especially the lower rads) and this beast is HEAVY!!  they didn't give me the original coolers that came with the Asus Strix 980ti's i bought and had replaced with EK water blocks, so, unless you make that request with them i'd say no.  your warranty with Asus is void anyway when you do that with their cards.  some companies are different with that policy.  however, i guess it'd be nice to have them for resale. 

Thanks db188!, how are the noise levels of your setup? have you actually measured it? is it above 30 DBs?

Are there any huge performance differences between the hard and soft water cooling tubes?... because I'm thinking it's actually a plus getting the soft ones to avoid the system drain...
i haven't personally measured it, but review sites claim it's in the 40-ish db range.  it's a soft noise, no whining or clacking, just a purring from the fans and the pump is nearly silent after initial startup. 
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by 

I doubt it. The front on the Aventum is drawing in air entirely through the side slots and then is passed through the hard drive cages. The Velox has a clear shot through the mesh front panel straight to the components. The top ventilation would be the same on both, unless there is a radiator in the top position.

The drive cage does not have heat, I can fit more fans on the aventum making my airflow much better with a few modifications.

But like I said for the money it makes more sense to go velox for aircooled

Edited by DST4ME - 23 Jun 2016 at 9:30pm
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 2:13am
DS will probably install a drain valve if you special order it. It would be really nice if they did to all Hydrolux PRO cooling. (they special install anything you give them or special order, for a fee/charge of course) The gpu(s) and cpu  are connected to the loop with quick disconnects negating draining the system to change.
I am keeping my case (AV II) for future builds. Probably two gpu upgrades before a mobo change. Working with hardline tubing is a pain in any system that has them. Go with the soft tubing. There is no difference in cooling IMHO.

Don't spend money on the cases designed for liquid cooling if you are going with air. It will work but not optimum unless you redirect the fans that are on the bottom rads (7) and who knows what else. Good luck.

DS is great and the people in the forums are the greatest.Awesome
Xenecus View Drop Down

Quote Xenecus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 5:29am
I can already see that people on this forum are pretty awesome! that's a rare sight these days :) To be honest wasn't impressed with their sales people at all, they seem to know very little about hardware and even their own systems.... however it's the community what makes these boutique shops great aside from the build quality of course.

I don't want air cooling, I love to play with OC and I hate noise and heat, so there's a pretty good tradeoff with watercooling and cost for me... my concern is that I don't want to spend 6-8k on a system that it gets hard to upgrade... I've had Alienware from 2000-2009 and Falcon Northwest since 2009, I keep my systems for roughly 2 years without touching and then I upgrade the video cards and later the motherboard/CPU within a 4-5 year spam.... If I buy the Aventum 3 it's going to be my next case for probably 8-10 years minimum, I just want to make sure that this case allows me to upgrade and that the watercooling doesn't become the achilles heel of the system...

I agree with you, I'll go with the soft tubing for both CPU and GPU (will be my first time with GPU WC!)

JUst to be clear, my main priority is maximizing the performance but keeping the noise at minimum, I wish DS had some guidelines as to what's their quietest system when water cooling everything...

So far I'm going with the Aventum 3, just hoping the backorder doesn't go past August...

Thx for the help.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 5:47am
Ok let me help a little bit.

100% of noise come from fans. Now if you are on air 80% of your noise is from your gpu fans, they are smaller and smaller fans most times are noisier then larger fans.

Now if you are going lc on gpu then only noise is fans, fans on the case, fans on the rad from lc.

DS uses quiet fans but if I'm not mistaken you can control the fans for the lc and thus make them run slow aka more quiet, but slow means less cooling power and thus a bit higher temps.

Your problem with your lc is this, paying for new gpu, paying for new waterblock, installing new waterblock on the new gpu, then adding the new gpu/wb to the lc system.

Now the adding the wb to the gpu is something you want to watch a video on and see if you are ok with.

Adding it to the lc, that is pretty easy, ask for quick disconnect, and all you do is disconnect there and drain the loop. Now again use the quick disconnect (qd) to remove teh old gpu/wb and add in your new gpu/wb.

Close all the disconnect, add fluid back to the reservoir and you are good to go. look for leaks to be sure you are good.

Now you can always pay extra and have DS send you new gpu with wb installed so that part you don't have to do but you will also pay the most that way. Or you can buy gpus with wb on them already, those are not gonna be as good as say ek wb.
Xenecus View Drop Down

Quote Xenecus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 6:52am
Thanks DST4ME, that is great insight! I would probably buy the GPU's with WB installed and sell the "old" video cards" to offset the cost, at the end of the day it's never a win win with technology, we're in it for the fun and the excitement and it has a cost ...

Now, having said all this... would you recommend waiting for the Aventum 3 or would you go Hailstorm 2 all water cooled? In other words, am I losing a lot by not waiting for the Aventum 3 case when the components are exactly the same?

(keep in mind all my requirements, noise, upgrade etc)... I will never go past 2 way SLI, so I'm probably not going to need any more space that originally planned.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 7:54am
IMHO you are not losing anything in hailstorm, but having said that if it was me I would wait if the the aventum is what I wanted, but that is me.
Xenecus View Drop Down

Quote Xenecus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 12:03pm
THanks. I'm going to try and wait for the Aventum 3 seeing how getting a Hailstorm 2 is the same exact price.

Going to go with the full LQ and soft tubing. Thanks for the help everyone.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 12:22pm
No bad picks here.    With the Aventum you are getting a custom, DS only case with one of a kind features.      900D gives you more a conventional, cavernous box with no downside.   

hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 12:46pm

THanks. I'm going to try and wait for the Aventum 3 seeing how getting a Hailstorm 2 is the same exact price.

Excellent choice.Awesome I don't think they price the same. The Aventum is 100-200 higher than the Hailstorm. You pay a small premium for the exclusivity of the  DS case all else being equal.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 12:54pm
there's really only one snag with the Aventum 3 when it comes to building in it at a future date and that is the one particular rad and manifold/interconnect.  you can, of course, decide to replace the acrylic manifold with tubing (DS originally had this config'd that way), but i was told that the top rad (i believe it's the 420mm rad) can't be substituted for alignment/fit reasons.  i was planning on replacing all of the rads with superior Nemesis models and i was told i could only replace the basement rads, so i decided to just keep them all the same (the XSPC slim rads). now, these rads that DS uses were "end of life" (meaning discontinued) when the Aventum 3 launched, so what happens in the future when i need to replace them?  something to think about...
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
Xenecus View Drop Down

Quote Xenecus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 1:07pm
Actually and it may be a blessing in disguise (thx for the heads-up db188) the Aventum 3 is not an option given that it's over 28" in height..... My absolute max is 27.5" which puts the Hailstorm 2 in the only choice? or is the Velox a consideration? thoughts?
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 1:23pm
All of them will have a radiator on the top. The 900D is 27.2" tall, which would only leave 0.3" clearance. Unless your maximum height is due to a mesh shelf or something that air can pass through, then that would be very restrictive to the airflow up there. The Velox is a very capable case, and with a 280mm and 420mm radiator, that would be enough to cool pretty much any system (the rule of thumb is one fan/radiator space per high temperature component cooled in the loop and there are 5 larger fans on radiator in the Velox). Plus you get the better looks and uniqueness of a DS case.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 2:21pm
Ya if your space is only 28" then hailstorm won't do either, you want room around the case so it can "breath", otherwise you endup "chocking" the case aka you get the same hot/warm air circulating or air does not have enough room and gets pushed back in.

IMHO find/make room. its worth it.

Otherwise you can go velox as mentioned.
Xenecus View Drop Down

Quote Xenecus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 2:47pm
I actually have 28"5 clearance, but there's a little ledge that's lower than that and I have to be able to slide in and out without tilting...

I actually like the Velox and the intake seems to be on the front which would work very well for me, I also like the lower profile to be honest (getting old here).

Now are there any gotchas with Velox and LQ both GPU and CPU? is there enough space? I'm about to go for Velox over HS2, I actually like the case better.. call me crazy :) but want to make sure it still meets the silent and cooling the HS2 does (or as close to it).

And finally are the Corsair Airflow Performance Edition a worthy upgrade?

Edited by Xenecus - 24 Jun 2016 at 2:53pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 3:02pm
Ya there is enough room just keep in mind that some parts are gonna be closer but with lc you should be fine.

Again noise = your fans, so you should be at the same spot as before, the front fans should be quiet and you can control them via control center software.

keep in mind the rad is still on top pushing hot air up and out.

I don't have personal experience with them but they performance ones not led, are suppose to be quiet. I would upgrade but thats just me, its not needed.
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 4:10pm
There is nothing that hinders the Velox with liquid cooling. For the fans, they can be optimized for low resistance (low static pressure) and high airflow or for higher resistance (high static pressure). Radiators will add a lot of resistance to the airflow, so you want high static pressure fans, and not high airflow.

If you want the absolute quietest system, you're going to have to do some custom ordering. My suggestion would be:

- 5 x Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B14-3 fans for the front and top
- 1 x Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-4 fan for the rear exhaust
- 1 x Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-1 or B14-1 (I'm not sure if it is a 120mm fan or 140mm fan...it says 140mm on the spec sheet, but in pictures it looks to be 120mm) for the motherboard tray fan

The NB-eLoop fans are very low noise and medium static pressure, so you'd want low air resistance radiators.

- 1 x HardwareLabs Nemesis 420GTX for the front
- 1 x HardwareLabs Nemesis 280GTS Xflow for the top
- 1 x HardwareLabs Nemesis LS120 for the rear

These are some of the best performing radiators. There is always a trade-off, so to get their excellent performance with low air restriction, there is high water flow restriction. For that, you can go with a dual water pump set-up.

- EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial

That set-up would give you the best cooling performance the Velox could possibly have.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 5:11pm
be prepared to have a hard time finding NB-eloop fans.  i wanted them in my build and even went as far as ordering them from a German company.  this delayed my build substantially and in the end they couldn't even get them in stock or tell me a reasonable time when they'd get them. 

if i were you i'd look at EK Vardar high pressure fans.  their fan noise to linear airflow thru rads scaling is better.

Edited by db188 - 24 Jun 2016 at 5:17pm
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
Xenecus View Drop Down

Quote Xenecus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by 

There is nothing that hinders the Velox with liquid cooling. For the fans, they can be optimized for low resistance (low static pressure) and high airflow or for higher resistance (high static pressure). Radiators will add a lot of resistance to the airflow, so you want high static pressure fans, and not high airflow.

If you want the absolute quietest system, you're going to have to do some custom ordering. My suggestion would be:

- 5 x Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B14-3 fans for the front and top
- 1 x Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-4 fan for the rear exhaust
- 1 x Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-1 or B14-1 (I'm not sure if it is a 120mm fan or 140mm fan...it says 140mm on the spec sheet, but in pictures it looks to be 120mm) for the motherboard tray fan

The NB-eLoop fans are very low noise and medium static pressure, so you'd want low air resistance radiators.

- 1 x HardwareLabs Nemesis 420GTX for the front
- 1 x HardwareLabs Nemesis 280GTS Xflow for the top
- 1 x HardwareLabs Nemesis LS120 for the rear

These are some of the best performing radiators. There is always a trade-off, so to get their excellent performance with low air restriction, there is high water flow restriction. For that, you can go with a dual water pump set-up.

- EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial

That set-up would give you the best cooling performance the Velox could possibly have.

Thanks but are those items something I can select from the website?

Edit: I guess not, looked on-line and found these items on Amazon... I'll give the stock items a try and take it from there... from what I been reading the system is extremely silent, or will be coming from a Falcon Northwest Fragbox with 980ti SLI (air cooled)....

Edited by Xenecus - 24 Jun 2016 at 5:36pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 5:51pm
those are custom parts that you have to special request
Xenecus View Drop Down

Quote Xenecus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 6:09pm
Thanks. I have my system saved and ready for ordering... Just hoping DS gets third-party 1080 cards this week....

Is it worth waiting for this when the reference card will be LQ? I always thought that the main difference between the reference and third-party was mostly superior cooling options + slight OC that I should be able to achieve with LQ on the system to begin with... am I off?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>