FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Bottom Front Fan Is Not Working

Post Date: 2017-12-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jgonterman View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jgonterman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: My Bottom Front Fan Is Not Working
    Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 6:35am
Hello all, I just recently got the new Vanquish 7. Sorry, if this post sounds a little uninformed, but I am a new pc gamer as of a week now, and have no idea about what I'm talking about, so please bare with me.

My specs are the tier 2:

Ryzen 1600
GTX 1060 6GB
AMD B350M mobo
8 GB 2400 mHz Ram
600W Corsair Powersupply
240 GB SSD
2 TB HDD
Standard Corsair Chassis Fans

The problem is that my bottom Corsair Fan is not working. Not only is it not running, it is not getting the RGB either like the other fans, so I'm assuming there is no power to it at all. I thought that maybe during shipment something came loose, but if it did, I can't find it.

I checked the mobo, and the only fan cable I found is a 3 prong cable, and when I unplug it the top 2 fans shutoff, and when I plug it back in they come back on. I opened up the back of the case and tried to follow the cable from the third fan, and it seems to lead to the same place. I don't know if there's supposed to be some other cable, or if maybe it just didn't get soldered in with the others properly or something?

Anyway, the situation isn't dire, as my thermals are actually fine. My GPU barely goes over 83 degrees, so it's not the end of the world, but from a visual standpoint it does kind of look dumb, and for the money I spent, I would like everything to work.

I LOVE the computer so far, and it has been an absolute amazing experience to finally get into PC Gaming, and if I can get this sorted out, then I will definitely leave a good review, and start referring all my friends who are trying to ascend now that I have.

Anyways, any help is appreciated. Thank you!

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 6:49am
When you open the right side cover, look for a fan control hub on the lower rear.  This is where the fans wires are run to and plug in.  From the hub another cable goes to a RGB control unit, 3 button I think.  That RGB unit is probably toward the front.  This assumes they wired it like factory suggest for the Corsair 460X.

So, check the fan wires going to the fan control hub behind the side cover.  The hub might have space for 6 fans, 3 being used.  Labeled CORSAIR. 

Hope this helps.  Big%20Smile

Quote jgonterman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 6:58am
Again, I am new to this and have no clue what I'm talking about, but here's a try:

From what I can tell, I'm not sure that's how they put it together. I opened up the right side like you said, and followed the cords. From what I think I'm seeing, I think that they all join and are soldered together and then plug straight into the mobo. Or at least I think. Because it looks like they go straight there, and only one cable is plugging in to make the top 2 fans work.

Quote jgonterman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 7:02am
I think I actually just found another 3 prong, but it is zip tied down very hard, and I'm scared to cut it. Any tips?

Quote jgonterman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 7:06am
All:

I fixed it!

I do think that a wire just fell out during shipment that I had to re-plug in.

Thanks a bunch to @bpratt22 for helping me out with this one!

Off to the review section!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 7:17am
Nice.  Strong

Did the fans plug into the Corsair control hub ?  Curious if DS did it that way. 

Quote jgonterman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 7:28am
From what I can tell, no. I FINALLY found that pesky wire that had been unplugged, and plugged it into the mobo with the other ones, must be some kind of workaround that they used?
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 1:15am
Originally posted by jgonterman

All:

I fixed it!

One of the greatest feelings when you're unsure and new at what you're doing. Congrats! and welcome to the DS family.
 Post Reply Post Reply