Post Date: 2019-03-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
YnProdigy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote YnProdigy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: I keep bluescreening
    Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 3:06pm
So I purchased a vanquish 7 level one a while back it’s got a msi A320M pro vh-plus motherboard and a ryzen 5 2400g with 8GB of ram. Today I installed 16gb but now it keeps bluescreening every so often is there something I missed or should’ve done ?
Gerson.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 3:15pm
Could be a bad ram stick. Try the old sticks first to see if the problem resolves.

Try each ram stick individually.     Windows has a Memory tester that will check your ram.   Just use Search, memory test to find it.   There are much more thorough memory testers,   Memtest86 is a very good one.

Make sure the ram sticks are seated correctly.    

It could be you need to go into Bios and select a XMP profile to adjust the ram speed to something the motherboard can handle.   

YnProdigy View Drop Down

Quote YnProdigy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by bprat22

Could be a bad ram stick. Try the old sticks first to see if the problem resolves.

Try each ram stick individually.     Windows has a Memory tester that will check your ram.   Just use Search, memory test to find it.   There are much more thorough memory testers,   Memtest86 is a very good one.

Make sure the ram sticks are seated correctly.    

It could be you need to go into Bios and select a XMP profile to adjust the ram speed to something the motherboard can handle.   

Got it I’ll try that out if anything I guess I do have to adjust the speed so I’ll search up how to do that :) Thankyou
Gerson.
 Post Reply Post Reply