FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This is just unaccetable!!!

Post Date: 2009-08-25

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DaNeShady View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DaNeShady Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: This is just unaccetable!!!
    Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 6:15pm
On last friday I ordered my Extreme 1 PC here at DS Online. When I placed the order DS took the money from my bank account but on Monday I got a email from James in sales that it hasn't been processed and that DS havn't recieved any money. Then I talked to DS and talked to Randy who was helpfull and explaining that this is happening because my billing adress isn't the same as the shipping adress.. Well I changed that yesterday and when I got up from bed this monring I saw that DS has taken yet another 2000 dollars from my account!! What in gods name are you people doing? Is it not enough that you don't send the PC that I have paid for you are now charging me twice, with other words stealing?? Everytime I talk to someone at DS they say that they get into this and if money isn't processed it is come back onto my account. Well that's BS I WANT MY MONEY BACK!! And I want to hear from Randy because he is who I talked to last time. Don't lock this threat Alex because I want my money back now and this is unacceptable!
Sodius View Drop Down

Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 6:19pm
Call them and discuss it.I wouldn't di money problems on the forums. Faster service if you call.
Maj_Lagg View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Maj_Lagg Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 6:32pm
DaNe Shady....Calm down...this happens sometimes... their is probably a return from the 1st transaction...it just hasn't posted yet.  I'm not saying you shouldn't follow up and contact DS to ensure the follow through...

It happended to me 3x when I ordered something from Sears.  I ordered something online that said it was in stock...I was about to leave and p/u from my local store but they called and said they didn't have it... So I ordered from another store...same thing happened...So...I ordered from another and p/u the product, unknowingly...I was charged 3x...I called and they sent me a check the next day.  It happens...

Luckily...I had the money in the account and didn't get accrued charges.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 6:41pm
I just wanted to inform any readers of the situation before people assume that Digital Storm isn't doing our job properly:

Basically the problem is: The billing address the customer gave us is not matching with their bank. The customer did inform us that he changed it, but, since he is using an international card, it may have not fully updated yet. Every time we try to run the transaction, the customers bank is putting the funds on hold. Since the address and zip code did not match, our bank does not want to accept the funds since this may be flagged as a fraudulent charge. Now, per the customers conversation, we've tried to make two attempts to process the order, which both times, the bank has the incorrect details.

The issues DaNeShady is describing aren't because of fault of Digital Storm, but, the his bank.

Sarah, also instructed our customer if he wishes to fill out our credit card authorization forms and we can then force the transaction and override the fraudulent verifications step against the billing address.

It simply disheartens myself to see the finger being pointed at Digital Storm, when all we've done is relay the message to the customer and tried to help him. I am not going to lock the thread... and I don't see why I would.

Please understand that we don't have your money, but, your bank has your funds on hold because the billing address you gave us isn't matching with what they have on file.

(Here's some logs from the order that reflect the current situation):

This is when we tried to run the transaction:

---------------------------------------------------------
8/21/2009 3:26:09 PM - By James - PROCESS ACTIVITY
Response Reason Text: The transaction resulted in an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.
Response Code: 2
Response Reason Code: 27
AVS Response: U

Then James sent a notice to the customer as well in the morning:

8/24/2009- Viewed By James at 9:48:47 AM
Conversation With Customer:
Topic: Customer Service -> Other
Comments: hey we could not process the order because it seems that the shipping and billing
address dont match please fill out the CC form
www.digitalstormonline.com/ccform.pdf
Best regards James
1866 817 8676
you can send it back to
[email protected]
or fax it to 510 578 7988
Date Time: 8/24/2009 9:48:56 AM
Duration of Call: 2.6 Minutes

Then Randy spoke with the customer:

8/24/2009- Viewed By Randy at 1:17:20 PM
Topic: Customer Service -> Billing/Payment
Comments: I spoke to the customer. In our system it shows that we have not received payment for his order. Yet his banking says we have taken the money. I am going to look into this and let him know when I get an answer. I also suggested that he call his bank and see what they have to say about it.
Date Time: 8/24/2009 1:22:39 PM
Duration of Call: 5.3 Minutes

Sarah tried to re-process the order with the customer:

8/25/2009- Viewed By Sarah at 12:04:59 PM
8/25/2009 12:05:26 PM - By Sarah - PROCESS ACTIVITY
Response Reason Text: The transaction resulted in an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.
Response Code: 2
Response Reason Code: 27
Authorization Code: 104057
AVS Response: U

Eric spoke with the customer:

8/25/2009- Viewed By Eric at 12:51:43 PM
Topic: Customer Service -> Other
Comments: Customer says his card has been charged twice for the amount of the computer, we need to find out whats going on and process this order
Date Time: 8/25/2009 12:54:16 PM
Duration of Call: 2.6 Minutes

Then Sarah spoke with the customer:

8/25/2009 1:39:42 PM - By Sarah - I told customer to fill out the cc form.
Then, after seeing this post, I myself called the customer:

I did say in the other post, that, your bank is putting the funds on hold since the address and zip code don't match, our bank isn't taking the funds.

Moving froward, I am glad me and the customer got it all ironed out. He is going to send us the CC Form and we will force one of the transactions, and wait for the other transaction to clear from his bank. It was all a misunderstanding, which happens. Ermm

Edited by Alex - 25 Aug 2009 at 6:43pm
<8) slunK parade View Drop Down

Quote <8) slunK parade Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 12:49am
why would you come and freak out on the forum
calling them is obviously the smart thing too do.
you sound like a 12 yr old f**k
aceboy44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote aceboy44 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 2:09am
Hey alex

To avoid errors like these can I just use the "CC form" to pay you rather than paying you online via checkout? I live in Kuwait and my billing address is in Kuwait, however, I have a business address in NY, USA so I was wondering if I can use that form to pay for my order (if I'm going to order from DS) rather than paying it at checkout.
sjjohns23 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sjjohns23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 7:00am
Won't the Sony Vaio feel cheated on?

Edited by sjjohns23 - 26 Aug 2009 at 9:04am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Aug 2009 at 12:55pm
@aceboy44,

Sure, but, in order to have you fill out the form, we need you to submit the order into our system. Or else we won't be able to track your documents. You can call us, and we can also handle it all over the phone as well for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply