FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

have some of my parts and want to build a new PC.

Post Date: 2019-11-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
winzen View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote winzen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: have some of my parts and want to build a new PC.
    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 9:06pm
Hi! I'm an international student and want to build a PC.
I bring GPU with me too. I'm not a tech guy and I dont know will I be able to assemble it if I buy a PC without GPU from digitalstorm. Will they provide me cables for that or do I need to buy those myself? anyone have experience like this?

Edited by winzen - 24 Nov 2019 at 3:26am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 6:03am
It's been done. Cabling for the GPU will come with the power supply, so no worries there. A GPU is fairly easily installed by a user, but can be a little scary for someone new to the experience. Go to the "View Our Support Guides" section of these forums and pick "Upgrade/Add Graphics Card" by DST4ME to see how.

One thing you might consider for best results is getting with DS to SEND them your GPU so they can install it for you. They will charge for that, but it may be worth it because they could test your whole rig with the GPU in it. They will not warranty the GPU, but at least you'll know it works well and installed correctly.
winzen View Drop Down

Quote winzen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Cretae

It's been done. Cabling for the GPU will come with the power supply, so no worries there. A GPU is fairly easily installed by a user, but can be a little scary for someone new to the experience. Go to the "View Our Support Guides" section of these forums and pick "Upgrade/Add Graphics Card" by DST4ME to see how.

One thing you might consider for best results is getting with DS to SEND them your GPU so they can install it for you. They will charge for that, but it may be worth it because they could test your whole rig with the GPU in it. They will not warranty the GPU, but at least you'll know it works well and installed correctly.

Thank you! what about windows 10 and basic programs, will they install it for me?
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 11:41pm
Think you would not really be building anything...just adding a few parts of your own to a partial DS build. You probably need to talk to someone in DS Sales...get your questions answered. They can't tell you if you will succeed in adding certain parts they don't sell you.   

When DS builds a complete PC for you, they take care of everything and stand behind all they sold for a year Parts Replacement Warranty and lifetime Support...That means if your PC has problems they can help...but if you only buy part of a rig....I'm not so sure this will end well for you as a novice, and DS wont be responsible...you will.   Better in my humble opinion for you to buy a complete and fully stress tested PC from DS, and they will cover your parts for a year.    
winzen View Drop Down

Quote winzen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 12:06am
Originally posted by HockeyBuck

Think you would not really be building anything...just adding a few parts of your own to a partial DS build. You probably need to talk to someone in DS Sales...get your questions answered. They can't tell you if you will succeed in adding certain parts they don't sell you.   

When DS builds a complete PC for you, they take care of everything and stand behind all they sold for a year Parts Replacement Warranty and lifetime Support...That means if your PC has problems they can help...but if you only buy part of a rig....I'm not so sure this will end well for you as a novice, and DS wont be responsible...you will.   Better in my humble opinion for you to buy a complete and fully stress tested PC from DS, and they will cover your parts for a year.    

I understand that but I just bought RTX 2070 for 5 month and I dont wanna spend another 600$ on it.
If my GPU broke DS wont take care of it for sure, but it other parts broke, they still responsible for it right?
by the way, how can I contact DS Sales and ask these question?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 6:30am
They will warrant all the rest of your build, just not the GPU.

You can go to the support section at the top of the main forum page and fill out a request form and send it to sales. Or, you can call during regular business hours on Pacific Time, and ask for sales. They can answer all your questions. 1-866-817-8676.
 Post Reply Post Reply