FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help out a noobie!

Post Date: 2012-06-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tracers View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tracers Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Help out a noobie!
    Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 3:34pm
Hello all! I have been looking around for a nice desktop gaming computer for quite a while now and have come to decide that I'm going to get some sort of Digital Storm. I'm not very good with hardware (I couldn't build my own pc without it taking forever) and I'm looking for some advice. I want a high quality gaming pc, which will mostly be used for gaming but also some photoshop. It defiantly needs to have very high fps, partly for playing intense games with the highest settings with at least relative ease, and partly to show off to my friend who got himself an Alienware (yes I warned him). My budget is not very high, a meager 2,400 dollars, including a nice monitor, preferably with hdmi ports and at least 21.5" big. I was looking into the ODE v2 level 3, but I'm not sure if it's right for me. Any advice to this PC and Digital storm nooby?

Hoping to find an awesome PC,
Lucas
:D
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 4:29pm
Hi Tracers....Welcome to the forums.    The ODE 3 is a great rig, able to play most games on a 23" monitor on high and some maxed out. You didn't mention the games you play, but if its BF3, Metro or Crysis Warhead or a similar game then the ODE lvl 4 with its sli, 2x gtx 670 would needed for highest settings and highest fps you mentioned.    Its $2499.., over your budget, so it really depends on budget and games played.
Tracers View Drop Down

Quote Tracers Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 2:24am
Thanks, I'll probably wait a little longer and then pull the dime for the ODE Level 4. Thanks for the help!!!

Lucas
:D
 Post Reply Post Reply