frenchyates689 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote frenchyates689 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: install this myself
    Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 6:54pm
udget:

Expectations:
gameing

Specifications:

I have my own GPU waterblock and GPU. I was wondering if get the aventum 3 with just H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (CPU Only). Could I just install my own gpu waterblock and gpu? I have a EVGA 2080ti FTW3 and the EVGA ftw3 gpu water block. How hard would it be to install this myself? I noticed the Aventum 3 already has the ports built in. Any info or advice would be very welcomed
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 10:10pm
Welcome to the forum frenchyates689!

You should discuss that idea with DS to see if and how they could do things that way.   DS can do anything you want for your DS Aventum X rig, but these are high end builds DS takes a lot of pride in building with care and stress testing properly at full load...and they sure can't accurately stress test a top of line build like this without a key component like the GPU.   The idea won't thrill them, but I expect they have done it before. It would be extra risk, for you.

If they will do it this way for you, might be smart on your part to ask DS about buying the needed matching quick disconnects, matching tubing, and extra coolant required from DS with the build.   You can ask for some instructions.   Shouldn't be too hard for you to accomplish the water block hook up, and adding extra coolant to the reservoir fill port with a squeeze bottle. Prob would add some air bubbles to work out.   Have to be extremely careful...can't get sloppy and zap your new mobo as they may not have to cover that in this situation.

Understand that they won't warranty your GPU or waterblock with the system...only the components of the build as sold would only be covered by the DS 1 yr parts warranty unless you add 1 or 2 more years to it.   Some name branded components you may select may have longer mfg warranties.

Let us know how it all goes for you.   

Edited by HockeyBuck - 19 Sep 2019 at 10:11pm
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 6:19am
Welcome to DS.

That is the idea behind the Aventum's waterblock manifold. you can add/upgrade lc hardware as it becomes necessary or available. Not only the gpu)(s) but chipsets(mobo) and who knows what else comes down in the future. Just find out what QD is used on the block. It looks like a male IMO. No big deal. Be careful with static electricity and touch the metal chassis to discharge any.

BTW, that is a very nice card. Are you installing the waterblock on the gpu yourself or you have a Hydro Copper?

As HockeyBuck stated, your addition will not be covered by their warranty and if you ever have to send the system back for repairs, you will have to remove whatever you have added.

Keep us posted. Big%20Smile

Post Reply Post Reply