Just ordered and a couple questions about order

Post Date: 2019-02-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
thedemoncowboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Just ordered and a couple questions about order
    Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 7:18pm
Well after ********* said by me asking questions they counted (60 questions), they felt I wouldn’t be a good fit. So hello DS.

I got
I9 9900
2080 ti
1 Tb 970m2 OS
4 TB Golden HDD for game storage
280 MM closed loop

I’m worried what is the best case I ordered the white Velox but don’t want white anymore and was hoping I could possibly change to the Lumos instead... I’m a hardcore gamer , but also have a German Shepherd so I felt the lumos May suck his hair in too much but looks enclosed.

Also free shipping is offered but worries about the shipping any luck?

.. removed competitor name ..

Edited by Snaike - 16 Feb 2019 at 7:34am
Groupie
Groupie

Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 8:06pm
Also is liquid cooled pointless unless u overclocking
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 8:09pm
Lol...Welcome to the forum thedemoncowboy!

So you ordered a nice white Velox build, and you are wondering if you should switch to a Lumos case...

Think your dogs hair would get in equally between the two cases if the pc has to go on the floor.   Be less of that hair if it’s up on a desktop, but either way you’ll need to keep your case clean for it to work & game at its best.   Only real difference in cases, aside from obvious glass Lumos aesthetics of the Corsair Crystal Series 575 case, is that in the Velox your motherboard is mounted upside down so your video card is up on top.   The Velox build puts the window on what would normally be the right side....the Lumos on the standard left side but it has glass on 3 sides and on top.

You can always contact DS Cust Service if you want to ask about a case switch...might delay your build a bit.

As to shipping, DS is well known for their impressive heavy duty well packed black & red boxes...but anything can happen in transit...so my advice is to ship the fastest you can afford.

And no, liquid cooling your CPU will better deal with whatever heat your processor generates. The K processors are made to be overclocked, and a Stage 1 overclock is free if you request it.

Edited by HockeyBuck - 15 Feb 2019 at 8:13pm
Groupie
Groupie

Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by HockeyBuck

Lol...Welcome to the forum thedemoncowboy!

So you ordered a nice white Velox build, and you are wondering if you should switch to a Lumos case...

Think your dogs hair would get in equally between the two cases if the pc has to go on the floor.   Be less of that hair if it’s up on a desktop, but either way you’ll need to keep your case clean for it to work & game at its best.   Only real difference in cases, aside from obvious glass Lumos aesthetics of the Corsair Crystal Series 575 case, is that in the Velox your motherboard is mounted upside down so your video card is up on top.   The Velox build puts the window on what would normally be the right side....the Lumos on the standard left side but it has glass on 3 sides and on top.

You can always contact DS Cust Service if you want to ask about a case switch...might delay your build a bit.

As to shipping, DS is well known for their impressive heavy duty well packed black & red boxes...but anything can happen in transit...so my advice is to ship the fastest you can afford.

And no, liquid cooling your CPU will better deal with whatever heat your processor generates. The K processors are made to be overclocked, and a Stage 1 overclock is free if you request it.

Pc will be on my desk.

So at minimum would they honor not painting it if they can’t switch cases? I can’t tell which would look cooler case wise ... I don’t plan on buying another pc in a long while !

Main gear we’re awful to deal with.

If I wanted to switch the bolt x with liquid cooling could I?

I don’t mind keeping the build I have, I’m just curious as a gamer if the 280 MM closed loop cooling will suffice while I’m gaming. I was told on Reddit and Maingear yes. They also advised against it (Maingear), because of how expensive it should a be to ship the PC back and fourth every year.

Also if I elect to go with their free shipping will my computer be okay?

Also i got the msi 31.5 wide screen 165 MHz monitor is that a decent monitor ?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 8:43am
DS will work with you to the greatest extent possible to deliver what you want in your build. Gotta ask/tell 'em.

The all-in-one cooling solutions are generally trouble free and very good at keeping temps well below where they need to be.

Standard shipping is not much of a crap-shoot. Anything can happen, but that's true of whichever way it's shipped. So you can't assure yourself of better treatment. As stated, the packing is very, very good.

IMHO, that's a nice monitor at a pretty decent price.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Cretae

DS will work with you to the greatest extent possible to deliver what you want in your build. Gotta ask/tell 'em.

The all-in-one cooling solutions are generally trouble free and very good at keeping temps well below where they need to be.

Standard shipping is not much of a crap-shoot. Anything can happen, but that's true of whichever way it's shipped. So you can't assure yourself of better treatment. As stated, the packing is very, very good.

IMHO, that's a nice monitor at a pretty decent price.

Because I built the Velox but want the lumos, and the ram switched aroun.

But then I also thought about getting the bolt completely liquid cooled. But I’m condescend about every year shipping it back to DS to flush coolant which I’m assuming Montana to California is $200-300 bucks.

I don’t know if liquid cooling is worth the hassle or if the 280 mm will do okay too?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 9:01am
In my opinion the custom cooling is a totally needless adventure into the domain of Murphy's Law. (Whatever can go wrong, will.) Just my opinion.

"The all-in-one cooling solutions are generally trouble free and very good at keeping temps well below where they need to be."

Okay?
 Post Reply Post Reply