Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carefulpunch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote carefulpunch Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need Help
    Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:49pm
And not just with gaming. Lately, I've been having trouble getting out of the house. I just feel anxious and scared of everything. A simple run to the grocery feels like a war zone. I feel like people look at me and judge me. I have to just grab everything, make it to the counter and run back to my car. It's just all scary. I don't have any solid evidence that everyone's so concerned with my life, but I just feel like they think it anyway.
carefulpunch
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:39am
You have anxiety and you need to see a therapist. Welcome at the very least to the social anxiety club. Sorry to have on.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 4:15am
Sorry to read that you have such thoughts and feelings. It can feel like a dark pit. Like DST4ME advised, you should find someone to confide in, professional or not, to help you overcome those fears and enjoy life. It is too short. Hope the best for you. Smile

Edited by hoserator - 07 Dec 2017 at 4:17am
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 4:41am
Hey carefulpunch,

Sorry to hear about your issues. This is probably not the best venue, as we are neither equipped nor qualified to offer the kind of help you need. Not trying to silence you in the least, please feel free to share, but I'd suggest talking to your primary care physician (or close loved one) about this to get started, as DST4ME mentioned getting some help from some better-suited to your specific needs might be all it takes to help get you over this recent "hump." I wish you the best!

We can, of course, try to offer some tips on the gaming or PC hardware/software front. Smile
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 3:40am
carefulpunch.. I understand your feelings. The others have mentioned this may not be the best place to discuss them as we are not qualified to help. Advice is easy to give but harder to take, but there is some really good advice here. Your PCP, a therapist, a pastor/priest... find someone you can trust to watch out for what's best for you.

You're strong enough to ask for help. You may not feel it right now, but it's a good place to start.

Hang in there.
carefulpunch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote carefulpunch Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 6:25am
Oh wow. This is overwhelming. I didn't expect to receive such support from this forum. I never expected that talking to strangers online would give me such a peace of mind. Thank you all. You are all awesome. I'll visit my GP and consult about my situation.
carefulpunch
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 9:43am
Asking for help is the strongest we'll ever be.

You got this.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 10:03am
 Awesome
Acetylide View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Acetylide Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by carefulpunch

And not just with gaming. Lately, I've been having trouble getting out of the house. I just feel anxious and scared of everything. A simple run to the grocery feels like a war zone. I feel like people look at me and judge me. I have to just grab everything, make it to the counter and run back to my car. It's just all scary. I don't have any solid evidence that everyone's so concerned with my life, but I just feel like they think it anyway.

If this is something that just recently started out of the blue, it has to be evaluated by a physician as this could be a sign of a hormone imbalance, of which the cause would need to be determined.

If this is something ongoing long-term, things such as poor diet, drug use(yes, this includes caffeine, nicotine, etc.), lack of social interaction, etc., individually or collectively can contribute to anxiety and make it worse over time to the point where you're unable to function socially.

I've always had to deal with anxiety in one way or another, and when I had started college, it went through the roof, especially in the chemistry lab. Imagine trying to see through safety goggles that keep fogging up because you're in overdrive... never mind trying to use a buret when doing a titration! It takes practice, but eventually you get use to being in those situations and discover that your fear is unfounded, especially when you get into the habit of casually interacting with the people around you.
 Post Reply Post Reply