FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Negative Reviews not moved to Review Section

Post Date: 2023-01-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LearningasIgo View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LearningasIgo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Negative Reviews not moved to Review Section
    Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 12:58pm
Hi -

Just a PSA. I posted a really well thought out and long negatively skewed review and the Digital Storm team did not move it to the Customer Reviews section.

Clearly some bias going on here as it says it will be automatically moved.

Edited by LearningasIgo - 24 Jan 2023 at 12:58pm
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 6:05pm
These forums, as has been posted before, are more customer driven and customer moderated as opposed to a directly driven Digital Storm communication. Regular moderators, as myself, do not have access to move threads into or out of the Customer Review section. This right is reserved for Digital Storm staff. Their presence on this forum is, while not 'sparse', a bit sporadic.

When your post is seen by actual Digital Storm staff it will be moved. Probably to Customer Service and not Reviews. I could be wrong.

Clearly there is no bias or negative reviews would and could be removed by anyone with "Moderator" status completely from the forums.

PostScript.. I see the thread was moved, by Alex, to the Customer Service forum.

Edited by Snaike - 24 Jan 2023 at 6:11pm
LearningasIgo View Drop Down

Quote LearningasIgo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: Yesterday at 12:47am
I see. Well, the fact it is sparse is really telling given the content of my post.

I guess it all makes sense.

It's hard for it to not feel bias when the entire customer review section is positive reviews and my negative leaning one which I carefully constructed sits in General Discussion.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE
The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: Yesterday at 9:05am
The Customer Reviews section has always highlighted wholly positive or near wholly positive reviews. As Snaike pointed out, only DS staff can move posts into that forum and even then it was a finicky system where if you edited your review after the fact it would break their highlighted quote from the review. I suppose you could call this positive-only selection a bias of sorts, but in my opinion that section has always been closer to a "Testimonials" section than a raw unfiltered review section. The de facto section for that is General Discussion. If there are pressing negative issues then again, as Snaike mentioned and as it seems like has happened with you, the thread gets moved to Customer Service. The system as a whole does tend to remove neutral and bad reviews from easy visibility, but it's ultimately DS's decision as to how they want to display their reviews. One of my own reviews is very positive and it's in the Customer Reviews forum. The other is more neutral and is buried in General Discussion.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: Yesterday at 12:48pm
We're going to overhaul our "Review System" as we haven't moved new positive reviews to that section. When we run across a negative review, we move it to "Customer Service" so our team can keep an eye on it and help resolve it. I promise we will try our best to take care of every complaint and issue; we want all our customers to be happy.
Nomad1970 View Drop Down

Quote Nomad1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: Yesterday at 7:51pm
The only real problem with moving them to "Customer Service" is that only registered customers can see them.
My Precious 2
I7-9700 oc 4.7GHz
32GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
SSD M.2 (512GB Samsung 970 PRO)
SSD M.2 1TB Samsung 970 EVO
240GB Samsung 860 Pro SSD
1TB W.D. HD
EVGA GTX 1080Ti
 Post Reply Post Reply