FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New 15" Nova Laptop - Several Questions

Post Date: 2019-07-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lowellparker View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lowellparker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New 15" Nova Laptop - Several Questions
    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 11:34am
Hi - today I received my new Nova 15" laptop, and I have several general questions. I searched for answers first but did not have any luck. Here goes:

1. What does the Office/Turbo/Gaming switch actually do? I guess it's tweaking some settings, but what? And what is the difference between Turbo and Gaming? (They both seem to have a gaming-related icon.)

2. Can I change or customize the keyboard backlight colors? If so, how? I don't see a dedicated app, and the manual doesn't indicate a shortcut related to colors.

3. Similar to #2, there is a light bar on the front. Can I control that (change color, shut it off, etc.)? In the manual, there is a vague reference stating "Light Bar Choose from APP" - but I don't know what that means.

Any help on these items would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Lowell
lowellparker View Drop Down

Quote lowellparker Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 1:39pm
I THINK I have figured most of this out. All 3 of my questions are more or less handled by the GamingCenterU app. There is a tab that deals with the three modes for Office/Turbo/Gaming - and it SEEMS like it is mostly related to fan speed for proper cooling, with Turbo being the highest fan speed, I guess. #2 and #3 are all handled with the very robust color options in the app. A person could spend days customizing it. For now, I've simply removed the rainbow - which my daughter unfortunately already saw (and wants).
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 2:04am
sandwich View Drop Down

Quote sandwich Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 1:43am
I know this is many months later, but I had just recently reset my Nova 15” to clear all the applications that had begun to clutter it up. After resetting the Office/Game/Turbo button no longer worked. The fans seemed to be self regulating themselves. I’ve been looking all over and can’t find the GamingCenterU again to customize the backlighting, but the keyboard still has the lighting from how I set it before I reset the laptop.
 Post Reply Post Reply