FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New pc. Ds velox?

Post Date: 2019-01-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jgregg624 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jgregg624 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New pc. Ds velox?
    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 11:38am
Hey all. I was wondering if you could give me some advice on designing my new pc. I’ve designed a system below and need some feedback. My main concerns are - is the psu big enough, am I silly adding the hardline tubing as I hear it can create issues , the sa,e goes for coloured liquid, does t gunk up?

I’m from Northern Ireland so want to design a system I can have for a very long time as it’s nkt cost effective to ship a new ds pc to myself every few years, at a minimum I’d like the case to be something I have for a very long time with the components lasting a good while as well but having the ability to be updated thanks in advance

Budget:
No more than $6,000

Expectations:
I’d like a pc that performs on a ultra level on all games that’s extremely future proof and aesthetically looks very unique and beautiful

Usage:
Main usage is for gaming across 2 monitors (38’’ and 24’’ acers with plans to add a third) my main game genre is simulation focusing heavily on farming simulator and euro truck simulator / American truck simulator but play a wide array other games as well. Other uses will include general everyday use eg browsing the web, some small photo and video editing, some 3d modelling (very little though) and modding form some games

Special Needs:
I need a design that is as future proof as possible that also looks aesthetically really cool, I have a lot of auxiliary it4ms connected to my pc inc track ir, wheels, pedals , gear and joysticks somwill need plenty of ports for all this.
Saved Ticket #: 2191571

Specifications:
Specifications:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox
Exterior Finish: Exotic Paint Finish - Storm Blue
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices) <br><strong></strong>
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (RGB Light Bar) <br><strong></strong>
Power Supply: 850W Corsair RM850x (Fully Modular) <br><strong></strong>
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express) <br><strong></strong>
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (3TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: Wireless PCI-E ASUS PCE-AC56 (Supports 802.11ac) <br><strong></strong>
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 8GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: HardLine Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System) <br><strong></strong>
HydroLux Fluid Color: Green Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Green - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair LL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package Stage 2 (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds with Noise Dampening Material)
LaserMark: Digital Storm LaserMark Service - Text (Plexiglass Acrylic Window)
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.7GHz on All CPU Cores
Boost Graphics Card(s): Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 15-20 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

Edited by Jgregg624 - 06 Jan 2019 at 11:40am
Seabasthegreat View Drop Down

Quote Seabasthegreat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 12:29pm
Just off the top of my head, take off the noise dampening unless its paramount to you and GPU overclock as you can do that all by yourself, theres plenty of easy programs AND i think that the GPU itself comes with an easy one. I would also recommend going to soft tubing due to the long shipping distance the PC has to go or perhaps if you have prior experience just ask DS to not put the liquid in and store it in a separate bottle/container so it doesnt leak.

Your power supply is more than enough I would even go far as to say maybe a 750 is perfect. But I guess the 850 is just fine. I am interested in the lasermark you selected...

Pretty sure the other guys will be along shortly though to correct or add to mine.
Jgregg624 View Drop Down

Quote Jgregg624 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Seabasthegreat

Just off the top of my head, take off the noise dampening unless its paramount to you and GPU overclock as you can do that all by yourself, theres plenty of easy programs AND i think that the GPU itself comes with an easy one. I would also recommend going to soft tubing due to the long shipping distance the PC has to go or perhaps if you have prior experience just ask DS to not put the liquid in and store it in a separate bottle/container so it doesnt leak.
Your power supply is more than enough I would even go far as to say maybe a 750 is perfect. But I guess the 850 is just fine. I am interested in the lasermark you selected...
Pretty sure the other guys will be along shortly though to correct or add to mine.

Thanks for your response. While I know the Corsair fans are real quiet running fans my gaming setup sits above the main family room in our house, we’ve got some fairly noisey Woden floors which seem to carry a lot of vibrations through them (if I am I’m the room and my pc upstairs boots up you would think the roof is coming down as my Logitech wheel calibrates itself, so it’s not really for noise coming off the system that would effect me using it but more I’m thinking of the family below me and the quieter system might help them.

Thanks for your advice on the cooling. I am very torn between hard and soft tubing, hard certinally looks better but everyone seems to be recommending soft. But I think coolant being bottled separately is a good idea.

I’m hoping a n 850 should future proof the system in the case more components are added or changed for bigger ones down the line

Yea I don’t see to many specs that include custom paint and things like lasermark on them but I was thinking it would be something that would give it my personal touch and make it mine. I assume the laser marks are jsut something as you would get on and iPad or something? I was just going to get something simple like my online player name (jgregg624) with some sort of quote or something

With regards to gpu overclocking, it’s a free upgrade in the holiday sale hence why it’s on the list but when does that end?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 6:20pm
Seems to me you've put a great deal of thought into your needs and your build. I don't see any problems aside from the issue of which tubing to get. Perhaps if you e-mailed [email protected] (rather than sales) you could get a candid assessment of the risk to you shipping it all the way overseas. It would be a good idea to have them send you some extra fluid for topping off. You should not mix two types.

I usually don't advise overclocking, as it's so unnecessary to get outstanding performance from the amazing tech we have available today, but you have both parts under water, so....

As mentioned, your power supply has more than enough overhead for the future. The free overclocks have been available for many months and are not holiday specials per se. All the best of luck with your purchase.
SnowandSand View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SnowandSand Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Jgregg624

Originally posted by Seabasthegreat

Thanks for your response. While I know the Corsair fans are real quiet running fans my gaming setup sits above the main family room in our house, we’ve got some fairly noisey Woden floors which seem to carry a lot of vibrations through them (if I am I’m the room and my pc upstairs boots up you would think the roof is coming down as my Logitech wheel calibrates itself, so it’s not really for noise coming off the system that would effect me using it but more I’m thinking of the family below me and the quieter system might help them.

Thanks for your advice on the cooling. I am very torn between hard and soft tubing, hard certinally looks better but everyone seems to be recommending soft. But I think coolant being bottled separately is a good idea.

I’m hoping a n 850 should future proof the system in the case more components are added or changed for bigger ones down the line

Yea I don’t see to many specs that include custom paint and things like lasermark on them but I was thinking it would be something that would give it my personal touch and make it mine. I assume the laser marks are jsut something as you would get on and iPad or something? I was just going to get something simple like my online player name (jgregg624) with some sort of quote or something

With regards to gpu overclocking, it’s a free upgrade in the holiday sale hence why it’s on the list but when does that end?

I will chime in briefly on the tubing selection and a few other things. First make sure you get a drain port added on for the hydrolux Pro whether you get hard or soft tubing, it will make future maintenance much easier when you have to flush the system(which varies depending on coolant type, usage, and a myriad of other things lol). Second with how DS uses fitting vs bends in the hardline now that creates that many more points for a leak to spring due to parts shifting during shipping etc. and last just be prepared to do maintenance on the cooling setup since it is a custom loop and not an AIO.
Hailstorm II(Retired)
R7 2700x
16GB Team Dark Pro @ 3200 CL14
Asus x470 CH VII Hero
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W PSU
250GB Samsung 850 EVO
1TB & 6TB WD - Black Edition
2x GTX 980TI Strix
Hydrolux Stage 3
Jgregg624 View Drop Down

Quote Jgregg624 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 7:05am
Thanks both for your advice. I’ve sent management@ds an email asking about shipping concerns. One thing I stated is since I’m in no rush I’m happy with the production or shipping being extended or delayed to allow for shipment to take place closer to spring or summer months and so to maybe reduce the risk of the system getting caught in an extreme weather event.

I’m not fussed if I have to carry out some maintenance on the system. I like tech after all and you don’t pay that sort of money for a system and never want to have a play inside yourself. I have little to no experience with water cooling in pcs before but u do have good experience with basic plumbing and hydraulic/ pneumatic circuits which all follow a similar principle

Do Leaks in the hardline systems usually occur in the rubber o rings and ceals around the bends or does the tubes and fittings themselves have a high chance of breaking?

I’m hoping maybe extra packaging should be enough to keep it safe. Watching YouTube videos they seem to package products quite well. Though I don’t know of many others in the UK or Ireland with a ds system
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 2:10am
Hi,
On hardline, the usual problems are the leaks through the o-rings in the fittings. In fact, soft tubing also suffers (I had to R&R 4 fittings on mine, an Av2 with soft tubing)
The main problem with hardline is that if you ever have to work inside the case, it does not give at all and it has no QDs to make work easier. Do special order the installation of a drain valve. It will be used.
You can tell DS to hold shipping until a definite date in the future in the comment section.

Management will tell you that they ship everything well packaged. They cannot control the perils of shipping. Mine came on a pallet and still had a memory card loose and a second one half out!!!
Good luck. Keep us posted. Big%20Smile

Edited by hoserator - 08 Jan 2019 at 2:10am
Jgregg624 View Drop Down

Quote Jgregg624 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 3:13am
Thanks for the advice, after talking to a ds live chat rep yesterday and the comments in thus thread I think I will swap the hardline tubes out for soft tubes, not as nice to look at but should serve for a better job in terms of breaking, the potential to leak during transit and future upgrades.

I think getting a drain valve added is also a no brainier.
I will be sure to keep everyone updated with what happens
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 7:26am
Jgregg624 View Drop Down

Quote Jgregg624 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 4:51pm
So I thought as requested I’d give an update to everyone wondering what I did. Well for those that didn’t notice I’ve now got a shiny verified customer badge under my name which can only mean I ordered my Velox!

I didn’t want to start celebrating until payment had cleared, as an international customer this did take a lot longer than I’d imagine usual payment takes, but I’m so happy to finally hear that my pc has entered stage 1, the start of a long journey for it I gues!
Psyoshi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Psyoshi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 5:48pm
This is actually a really good article to read for anyone considering the Hydrolux system. I for one never thought that a drain valve was not installed by default. You would think that would be a no brainer on the companies part.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 2:23am
Congratulations. You will be very happy with that system. AwesomeKeep us posted and please send us images when you get it. Big%20Smile
Jgregg624 View Drop Down

Quote Jgregg624 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 1:54pm
I can’t wait for it to arrive... even though that may be a while off yet haha. I might do an unboxing video and upload it to YouTube so I’ll share that if I do it, but images will defo be provided
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 5:40am
Lookin' forward to it!
 Post Reply Post Reply