Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kafes View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kafes Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New Rig Build
    Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 11:37pm
http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsaved.asp?id=441398
Above is the baseline for a computer that is within my budget.
I returned my previous computer which was $2000 just to go to DSO. I hope I don't get disappointed and someone can assist me with my build.

My Budget is 2000 it is tight +100 above it tops. Although I want to blast all my game's on max.

Some peripherals of mine:

I need a decent sound card
*(important)I want it OC'd to stage 2 which is between 4.0 and 4.2 I believe
Maxing game's out is a must
*(important)I need a keyboard && a mouse.

I hope someone can assist I would appreciate, if you could link to a new build instead of telling me what to do as im unfamilier with the hardware.

Note: The build I did was just around what I wanted, the cooling will need to probabily be changed.
Kafes View Drop Down

Quote Kafes Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 11:41pm
I coulden't edit my old post? So I just wanted to add I found this benchmark:

for high end gpu's and the gtx 470 is scoring pretty high, as im seeing people reccomending the ati 5700 series instead of over it. I'm really looking for the best gfx card possiable.
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 11:45pm
the build you listed looks pretty close to right to me, except the cpu cooler..
its not real liquid cooling, thats called LCLC, low cost liquid cooling. Basically it halfasses the concept of liquid cooling so it can call itself liquid, you need a minimum of stage 3 cooling to get the 4.0+ghz overclock

why is it a requirement to get over 4ghz?

id personally suggest getting a keyboard and mouse locally or from an online retailer. you will get better price/selection/warranty/return policys that way

if you are looking to max games, you have to max video power over anything else. in your budget range, consider this:

unfortunately, there isnt room in your budget for a $150 sound card, which is the lowest priced option in the configurator AND SLI 470s, which is the best solution for max gaming power in your budget range

Kafes View Drop Down

Quote Kafes Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 12:03am
Thank you so much, the only area of concern is the ram at 1600 mhz 4 ram sticks, that worrys me a bit will that be enough for multi-tasking? hard-core gaming?
Kafes View Drop Down

Quote Kafes Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 12:06am
Also the processer you kicked back to teh 860 serie's why not the 900 series is their a big difference in the chipsets?
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 12:17am
the big difference is the price, same build with x58 will put you over budget, with all the same stuff, its $97 more for excess ram you wont use and an extra channel of bandwidth for your ram, which you wont use. For 2 video cards(maximum) in a gaming build, the differences are next to nothing. If you are ok spending the extra for 2-4% gains in gaming, then I wont stop you.

I was just trying to keep you in a price range that would let you get a sound card and shipping and still be close to budget, but the sound cards offered on the DSO configurator are just too expensive to fit, you can find some good ones elsewhere for $70-$100 instead of $150

the 4gb ram will definitely be enough for gaming and multitasking. but again, if you are willing to go over budget to get a 950+6gb, go for it. just trying to keep you under the budget you listed and give as much gaming power as possible.
Kafes View Drop Down

Quote Kafes Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 5:17pm
I'd like to thank your for your effort's most likely ill be placing the order today. I will stick with the 860. The ram I may think over twice, as multithreaded applications will take whatever amount of ram we have. Again thank you so much
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 5:36pm
no problem, i know youll enjoy that build Strong
 Post Reply Post Reply