FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ordered an Avon Laptop

Post Date: 2019-05-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Maclin123 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Maclin123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Ordered an Avon Laptop
    Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:21pm
Ordered late night on 5/7, and I just got notification that it is in stage 5. Amazing progress, thank you Digital Storm.

Could anyone recommend a good cooling pad for this beast? Thanks!
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:47pm
Welcome to the forum Maclin123 and congrats on the brand new Avon!
Perhaps you can share some images with us when it arrives!

Laptop fan platforms ...Kinda a personal thing with some trial and error involved before you find one that actually helps your particular rig cool down. My experience is they really don’t do much but add clutter and some noise.    Just keep desktop clean of dust and clear space around the Avon, and keep room temps cool so it can get good cool intake air!   Not much else you can do on a laptop.    

illidan_the_illest View Drop Down

Quote illidan_the_illest Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:15pm
Nice! Mine has an estimated arrival of Monday! So excited. Congrats. Don’t know anything about cooling though.
You are not prepared.
ThePinkGoat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ThePinkGoat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2019 at 1:23pm
Too much money for a temp type of gaming device. Desktops last long, run cooler and give you more upgradeable options. I'm curious why did you go for a laptop vs one of the desktops? Dollar for dollar the desktops will outlast the laptop by years! Just my opinion.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:22pm
Hi Maclin123.
Congratulations and welcome to DS. The Avon is a new product. Hope you enjoy it. You can send some pics our way when you take a break. Awesome
Maclin123 View Drop Down

Quote Maclin123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by ThePinkGoat

Too much money for a temp type of gaming device. Desktops last long, run cooler and give you more upgradeable options. I'm curious why did you go for a laptop vs one of the desktops? Dollar for dollar the desktops will outlast the laptop by years! Just my opinion.

ThePinkGoat, I agree with all of what you posted. I would have preferred to buy a desktop. I work as a programmer and am only home/in the office Monday through Wednesday, then I drive 3 hours to my GF's house and work remotely Thursday and Friday and stay the weekend. No way I'm going to lug a desktop around. Plus, I look forward to working remotely with the Avon. I just think this is the best solution to take my gaming with me on the road.

The last 4-5 years I have been only console gaming on a PS4. My current "gaming" rig is an 8 year old relic. Played WoW from beta up to mists of pandaria then quit for the direction the game was going (filthy casuals). With the upcoming release of Classic WoW I decided to dive back in and get a nice gaming laptop. Can't wait to play Witcher 3 on max. And Red Dead Redemption when it comes to PC.

I will posts pics for sure once it is delivered. I can't wait!

Post Reply Post Reply