FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Recommendations for High Volume Internet Usage

Post Date: 2019-07-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bj1world View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bj1world Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Recommendations for High Volume Internet Usage
    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 2:39pm
Hello,

I'm looking for configuration recommendations for a business desktop tower (not Gaming, CAD, Design, etc) for the following business scenario:

We currently have 4 individuals who are consistently operating daily with an average of 250 - 300 tabs open at a time in mostly Mozilla & sometimes Chrome. When selecting any of these open tabs and entering the required information the response time for doing so must be faster than the industry acceptable and/or typical internet response time. With our business model there are many times when an additional 1-2 seconds can make a significant difference in revenue.

We currently have 2 internet providers into our office with a claim of up to 900 mbps and there are 2 users for each internet line.

I'm not looking for the most extreme response time that is possible to where nano-seconds (or better) is required. I'm just looking to find the best possible response time as a user enters the required data on these various sites and need the config to enhance and compliment the speed to process activity.

My budget is around $4500 to $5500.

Thanks in advance for your time and advise,
Bruce J
Bruce J
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Online
  Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 9:40pm
Welcome to the forum bj1world ....

I suspect your case specific interests would be better handled by directly e-mailing the DS Management rep lurking here on the forum, Alex.    
[email protected]

Alex or one of his similarly tasked DS reps will know exactly what that web office scenario requires in your proposed builds.   Alex gets things done!   

Post Reply Post Reply