FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Slade 2

Post Date: 2016-05-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Darbjb View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Darbjb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Slade 2
    Posted: 15 May 2016 at 10:58am
Hi I have been shopping for a new pc and with the new generation of Nvidia cards about to launch I am close to pulling the trigger. I like the idea of Slades' noise reduction and dust/hair filters for fans. I plan on using this to Game/Stream on.

Is the Slade 2 new? it looks like the case is different than the slade1. what else has changed?

Is there a way to pre order a computer with a Nvidia gtx 1070 before its release to avoid out of stock on release?

can anyone recommend the best cpu/ram for streaming and gaming on same computer?

budget about 2k

Thanks for reading and any helpful responses
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 May 2016 at 12:07pm
The Slade 2 is new and is the Corsair 400q. The older Slade was the 550d if you want to research the differences.

Can't preorder until DS posts it in the configurator.

FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 May 2016 at 1:26pm
Hi Darbjb,

What you can do is work out your configuration and get it finalized while you are waiting for the new cards. Then after the new cards are added to the configurator you can put your configuration number into the system and change the graphics card before placing your order.

It might be a good idea that Digital Storm includes the 1070/1080 in the configurator with a note that the system won't be built until the cards are available. That would give people like you a way to order right away and get in line. The new Pascal is a big event in the on going saga of new video cards. It might justify some special treatment.

One thing I noticed right off is there is no internal optical drive with Slade 2. You can order an external optical drive or use the USB. Not a good deal if you have a lot of DVDs you want to play and don't like external drives.

Frank

Edited by FrankW - 15 May 2016 at 1:27pm
Darbjb View Drop Down

Quote Darbjb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 May 2016 at 8:30pm
thank you for the response, i did not even notice no optical drive. I have a laptop for watching dvds.
 Post Reply Post Reply