Post Date: 2019-08-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dark Wyste View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dark Wyste Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Stuck in Stage 6
    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 5:00pm
I been in Stage 6 now for 8 days. I called twice and each time I get a different story, so I thought maybe I would post here and ask what is the average amount of time a system sits in Stage 6. I called last Thursday they are like we see no issues you should see it move Monday. I let Monday go by and thought ok lets call today maybe hear something like it went back to stage 5. I call today and I get from the person we see nothing in the ticket maybe they are waiting on boxes?

Orders 7/19
7/19 Stage 1 Email
7/26 Stage 3 Email
7/26 Important notice Intel CPU shortage
7/26 correction email sent about the Intel shortage
7/31 Stage 4 Email
7/31 Stage 5 Email
8/9 Stage 6 Email

HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 7:08pm
You can always ask DS Management guy Alex. Alex tends to get things done and can get the straight skinny on the delay. Email [email protected].   Hang in there!   
admjosar View Drop Down

Quote admjosar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 6:27am
I'm in a similar boat as well. Been stuck on stage 5 for several days:

Ordered: 9/27
Stage 1: 9/29
Stage 2: 8/8
Stage 3: 8/9
Stage 4: 8/9
Stage 5: 8/9 till current (9 business days so far)
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Online Status: Online
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 8:05am
Of all the stages, I want my machine to stay in stage 5 the longest... that's where they get in there to push it to see how far they can go. And if something goes wrong they just swap out the parts for a new one and do it again.

Anyone who has built a computer knows that when you find something wrong it is never in the first place you look.. so DS taking their time to get every piece right and working together is OK with me.
admjosar View Drop Down

Quote admjosar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 12:37pm
I spoke too soon. My order went to Stage 7 today!

Quote Dark Wyste Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 4:52pm
Yeah I emailed Alex this morning, I will call them tomorrow for an update. Which will be Day 9 in Stage 6. Not sure why so hard not for them to provide a real update when you call them.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 6:39am
I just replied.

Please note, it's one of the busiest times of the year for us (Back to School) so orders may stay in certain stages a little longer.

Quote Dark Wyste Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 3:38pm
Alex did get a hold of me yesterday and said he was going ping the Production Manager and ask for them to prioritize your order and get it shipped by this Friday if possible or Monday next week.

So with any luck maybe next week :)

Quote Dark Wyste Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 5:01am
My Machine did ship last Tuesday.

It arrived yesterday, unboxed it plugged it in and needless to say it does not work. It gives me the windows recovery screen, green lines and white lines when it attempts to boot.

I emailed support (They were already closed) and Alex to explain the issue.

The Temperature probe sensors were just dangling in the case, one of the Radiators has a nick marks(Scratches on it).

It will be interesting to see what they say today on the support call.

I am not sure how something makes it through Stress Testing and QA and windows does not even boot when it arrives, scratches on parts that are visible through the glass.

I made sure everything was seated, but knew as soon as it powered on, and posted something was wrong when I saw the green dots/lines across the screen.

Not to happy about the experience..

Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 3:43pm
Just wanted to post an update, we've been working with "Dark Wyste" on his concerns and the team has been in touch.

@Dark Wyste, let us know how we're doing.

Here is a copy of my original email to him:

I'm sorry to hear about this. I've added Ronald, our Customer Service Manager to this email chain, he's going to work with you to take care of your concerns.

It appears the unit got mishandled during shipping, I'm reviewing the QA photos and the system looks great, and in addition, the unit would not have been able to pass QA if it did not boot up, it's a separate team that connects their monitor and devices to your PC before handling it the Shipping Department.

Quote Dark Wyste Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 5:43pm
I would like to provide a quick update on this:

9/5/2019 - Error Code 43 Nvidia Card Disabled, they did troubleshoot it with me and they determined it was video card. (2080 TI)

Since it was liquid cool, I had to remove the video card with the cooling block (will give kudos on the quick disconnects) and ship it back (Which they did supply a 2nd Day label for.

I shipped the Card out on the 7th, and if I was home would have received it on the 17th, but did not get it to the 18th.

9/19 I installed the card tonight and the same exact Error message when installing the card.

I have sent an email asking for a full RMA and refund of the system. I have no confidence in the system, and can no longer wait for it to be fixed. I understand things can break in shipping, but for the price we are paying for the system this should be very very rare if at all.

Quote Dark Wyste Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 5:54pm
I forgot to add I never received any update on the pictures I sent on the one temperature wire (No idea where) or the scratches on the radiator, but that is ok since I am requesting it to be returned. This could be they were going to wait till the system up and running and then address those issues.
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 10:22pm
Things don't usually go this way, especially with DS Aventum X builds.   NVidia has had well known issues with some of the RTX 2080 Ti VRAM memory, and that wouldn't be a DS issue...but having two fail in a row would be unusual. Bummer!

Make sure you continue updating Alex at DS via e-mail.
I expect that DS will make things right with you.   

Quote Dark Wyste Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 3:22am
I did email them last night, opened up a new support ticket, contacted the previous tech who assisted me on the first issue and will call first thing this morning to begin the return process.

I will update the post on the results of today’a call.

Quote Dark Wyste Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 1:20pm
I did talk to both Spencer and Ronald today.

Ronald did what he could to safe the sale due to the price of the system, including offering to build an entirely new system, but due my lack of confidence of the system, the length of time that has already gone buy, and multiple issues with the existing system, and needing a system sooner then later, I explained I am not interested. He said due to the cost of the system he needed to talk to an operations manager and they would be contact with me in a few hours to process the request.

They did ask for photo's of the system which were emailed out at 2:50pm EST. (Front, Back, Left, Right, Left side glass cover off inside image, Right side glass off inside picture and last the top of the system). They explained why this was a requirement as it allows them to make sure if it gets damage in shipping back they can show the shipper it was not like that when it was shipped.

I will provide an update once I hear back from them.

Quote Dark Wyste Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 4:02pm
Quick Update,

Received the email from Ronald and Alex, with the RMA paperwork. Now completed, they have requested the shipping label for the return and refund of the system and should have the shipping label no later then Monday.

They been very professional and prompt in the responses with me, and I do hope they can determine the issue with the system so that it not repeated for another customer.

Edited by Dark Wyste - 20 Sep 2019 at 4:03pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 12:42pm
Sorry to hear about your situation, it's rare for these type of issues to occur but it's possible. We do take extensive measures to package and prepare our systems to protect them as much as possible for shipping abuse.

Hang in there, we'll take care of you. You won't find another comapny that stands behind their product like we do.
 Post Reply Post Reply