Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Possum87 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Possum87 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 5
    Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 12:01pm
Budget:
2k w/ monitor

I was looking at the Vanquish 5 "Best" tier, but I've read some have concerns in the forum over motherboard selection, but it seems like pretty good value. I would also probably change the SSD on these to a samsung if I choose it.

Expectations:
I'd like to get the most bang for my buck so I can run games at a reasonably high level. At the moment I play mostly blizzard games, especially overwatch but plan on diving into other shooters. I'd like it to last about 5 years, with modest upgrades obviously (like the GPU down the road etc.)
Usage:
Gaming, maybe some photo editing and general office work. I have a MacBook that I use purely for work and do not put any games on. Best I separate my work/play machines or I get distracted lol. I'll also be streaming some.
Special Needs:
A monitor recommendation. I have a crappy one now, but definitely need to upgrade, but if I need to wait a while to save for a better one I will if it's best I use this budget toward the machine.

Also: If on a budget should I wait until the end of the month when black friday/cyber monday deals. Does DS typically have them?

Thanks for the help!

Possum
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 2:29am
Originally posted by Possum87

If on a budget should I wait until the end of the month when black friday/cyber monday deals. Does DS typically have them?

Thanks for the help!

Possum

First, welcome to the forums and DS!

Secondarily, DS does not really do "Sales". There are some Intel or NVIDIA bundles that come with the hardware, but as far as doing the "Black Friday" things, no.. not so much.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 3:12am
I personally wouldn't be concerned with the motherboard unless there are specific needs, like multi card in the future, etc. For most, the motherboard they use is all you need.   It is nice to know exactly which one, and you can ask them, but they are all good boards.

Possum View Drop Down

Quote Possum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 12:14pm
Sounds good then! Do you think it's worth the extra to make the SSD one of the Samsung Pro's? And any recommendations on a monitor 400-500 range?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 3:35pm
The Pro does have better NAND chips, hence the longer warranty, but the EVO is still a good choice. Depends on the budget. I'd do the EVO. In 5 years a new, better SSD will be there if it dies.   Just me.

I haven't checked out monitors in awhile, so no help there.
 Post Reply Post Reply