Post Date: 2017-08-13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheBird_J View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheBird_J Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 6 discussion
    Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:48pm
Hello I've been meaning to get into pc gaming and have decided to get the Vanquish 6 ULTIMATE. Just asking how many usb ports will it have, since I saw the front has 2 usb ports only. I've checked the motherboard specifications and it says it has more than 2 usb ports. Just wanna make sure since I want to get the corsair k65 lux which needs 2usb ports,corsair scimitar,and hyperx cloud II.
   Then also for configuration if i change the internet/network access from the high speed network ports to the Asus N13 wireless usb will it come separate in my package and i need to just plug it in, or does it take away the network ports. If so then i wont change it. Also i know wired is better than wireless but i have yet to set up a ethernet cable from my router to my room,so i was thinking of using that usb until then.
    Finally which is better for the display options you guys provide in the configurator. Im deciding between the two $221 asus & acer monitors,and wanna know your guys recommendation.Thanks DigitalStorm.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 7:18am
The motherboard in the Vanquish level 4, Ultimate, has 4x USB 3.1 and 2X USB 2.0.   For most devices the USB 3.1 can be used as a USB 2.0.

The N13 USB dongle comes separate and needs to be plugged into a USB port.  It doesn't take away the wired port.

Big%20Smile

db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 2:07pm
i don't recommend either of those monitors.

you decided on the V6 Ultimate for what reasons?  it comes with a GTX 1070 in it.  that card is NOT a 1080p card.  the GTX 1060 is the ultimate 1080p driver.  if you are only interested in driving a single 1080p display, then you are better served with a lower tiered V6.  even a surround setup wouldn't necessitate moving up to a GTX 1070.

the GTX 1070 is meant to drive a 1440p monitor.  you should always strive to align your display and graphics within your budget at any level.   i have additional thoughts as well:

the "new" graphics cards (either from Nvidia or AMD) are incorporating the latest display connectivity standards, which means: display port 1.4 and HDMI 2.0.  these standards increase the bandwidth capabilities, which in turn facilitates faster speeds from monitors also utilizing the same standard.  that means we will see 4k monitors capable of speeds over 100Hz, where they've been limited to 60Hz max to this point in time.  as these monitors are just starting to become available pricing and availability will be questionable, but for those willing to wait the advice stands. 

a gtx 1070 costs around $450 on the low side i believe.  you should pair it with a monitor that costs closer to that amount then to a $200 monitor, or drop down to a gtx 1060. 

look in the following vendor lines:

ASUS ROG
ACER Predator
AOC Agon 

or the (well reviewed) Dell S2417DG ($400) w/GSync: https://www.amazon.com/Dell-S2417DG-24-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B01IOO4SGK?tag=bom_tomshardware-20&ascsubtag=site:thus|tid:5381502744577599&SubscriptionId=AKIAIPWQY5MS2ASMLWOQ&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953

it's a TN panel, but favorably compared to the image quality of an IPS.  it has 144Hz refresh and features GSync as well.  very nice budget monitor for 1440p.

if you decide to drop down to a system with a 1060 in it, then the Asus VG248QE is FHD monitor is a good price-to-performance (gaming) monitor. 

Edited by db188 - 14 Aug 2017 at 2:12pm
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
FR3SHM3AT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote FR3SHM3AT Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by TheBird_J

Hello I've been meaning to get into pc gaming and have decided to get the Vanquish 6 ULTIMATE. Just asking how many usb ports will it have, since I saw the front has 2 usb ports only. I've checked the motherboard specifications and it says it has more than 2 usb ports. Just wanna make sure since I want to get the corsair k65 lux which needs 2usb ports,corsair scimitar,and hyperx cloud II.
   Then also for configuration if i change the internet/network access from the high speed network ports to the Asus N13 wireless usb will it come separate in my package and i need to just plug it in, or does it take away the network ports. If so then i wont change it. Also i know wired is better than wireless but i have yet to set up a ethernet cable from my router to my room,so i was thinking of using that usb until then.
    Finally which is better for the display options you guys provide in the configurator. Im deciding between the two $221 asus & acer monitors,and wanna know your guys recommendation.Thanks DigitalStorm.

Nice choice on the build.

Vanquish 6 ULTIMATE

Keep everyone posted on what you decided as far as monitor

and post a review and pictures - PLEASE

lol.. Love looking at builds

your going to be so unbelievably happy

Post Reply Post Reply