Well its Official My Pc Finally Died :(

Post Date: 2017-06-29

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Purpletalon55 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Purpletalon55 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Well its Official My Pc Finally Died :(
    Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 9:43pm
Well, My Digital Storm Computer finally gave up the ghost and died after about 2 months of strange issues that kept happening then going away. I had figured that I had solved it and it was running fine then I started to get some crashing and contacted digital storm worked it out and was going to send it in and I ran a reinstall of windows 10 and the problems went away for 4 days and then finally today when I was rendering a video the system shut off and rebooted and I also happened to be installing a Radeon graphics driver and the system basically rebooted hung on the windows loading circle and I got the dreaded sound of a clicking hard drive and the GPU died as well. So I'm figuring maybe the motherboard went and friend them. Oh well but its going to be expensive the GPU was one that I bought and installed after getting the computer so its not covered by digital storm.

Ive had nothing but positive things to say about Digital Storm and still do, it wasnt their fault but well as of now I'm out a pc until I can buy a new one. I did contact digital storm but have to wait till tomorrow to get a response.

Btw for those that remember my pc was a what I term custom vanquish, cause they had ran out of cases so Alex had given me a Corsair Obsidian Case instead and since then I've referred to it as custom was ordered late November 2015 got it December 15th 2015. And ran fine since then.

For those unaware these were the specifications of my build

Intel Core i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz
Zalman Optima Cpu Cooler
Asus Z170-K motherboard
8gb ddr4 2800mhz ram
256gb Samsung 850 evo ssd
1tb seagate barracuda 7200rpm hdd
1tb Fat Seagate barracuda 7200 rpm(Added by me)
Msi Rx 480 Armor Edition 8gb(Added by me)
750 watt Evga Power Supply(Forget the model)
windows 10 home 64 bit

Edited by Purpletalon55 - 29 Jun 2017 at 9:51pm
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Online Status: Online
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 1:26am
OUCH! ... sorry to hear about that.

But you have to let us know what you're looking at getting.. we love the details!
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Purpletalon55 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Snaike

OUCH! ... sorry to hear about that.

But you have to let us know what you're looking at getting.. we love the details!

Well I basically have no budget right now to spend on a computer I have to find some money because I anticipated having this computer for many more years I never saved for the next one figured at least 2 more years. But I'm now in that boat where idk what I'm going to do.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:10pm
Have you checked the ram ?   Try running Windows own memory diagnostics or Memtest.    Try one stick at a time.

Bad ram can cause your issues, along with other things of course, and the clicking HDD could be the platter endlessly seeking data because of bad ram, etc.   What appears to be a bad gpu could be it just didn't finish installing drivers.

Just an idea.

Groupie
Groupie

Quote Purpletalon55 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:46pm
It won't do any good, the SSD,Mechanical drive and GPU are confirmed dead tested in a confirmed working system
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Purpletalon55 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 12:47pm
I believe it was the motherboard, but since it was the only Z170 system I have I cannot test if the CPU is good and don't want to damage anything so I'm not going to touch it further.
manowar09 View Drop Down

Quote manowar09 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 7:02am
some of your busted parts might be under warranty through the manufacturer still. Might be a place to start looking and get some free replacements, you might just have to pay shipping to get the part to them in the first place
*Thomas* View Drop Down

Quote *Thomas* Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 1:35am
How did your pc die that quickly not even 2 years ? That kinda make's me nervous as i was thinking of ordering from here
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Online Status: Online
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 8:54am
Originally posted by *Thomas*

How did your pc die that quickly not even 2 years ? That kinda make's me nervous as i was thinking of ordering from here

how nervous can you be? even in the op he said:

Originally posted by Purpletalon55

Ive had nothing but positive things to say about Digital Storm and still do, it wasnt their fault but well as of now I'm out a pc until I can buy a new one. I did contact digital storm but have to wait till tomorrow to get a response.

Seems to me that he has a reasonable grasp on the issue. Computers are finicky items, its really important to have someone stand behind the product even if you want to go pushing things around on your own.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 1:12pm
Computers are sensitive devices. We build our systems with the best name brand hardware that is available to us. That's why we have an award winning warranty and lifetime support. There should be no concerns for our customers on the life expectancy of a system. We have many customers running our systems hard for a long time period with zero issues.

I hope this helps clarify things.
 Post Reply Post Reply