FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where Has the Customer Service Gone

Post Date: 2018-10-16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hicksp002 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hicksp002 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Where Has the Customer Service Gone
    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 1:04pm
I'm on my third computer from Digital Storm and been dealing with them since 2011. I 've never had a problem other than the system I ordered a few months back took a while, but I was told it was due to the school year starting with a large amount of orders.

I requested status of a new system via the online messaging and received the answer from John that the system was delayed due to a move. I called and Brian Frazier told me there were supply chain problems with the CPU and offered another manufacturer CPU. I want what I ordered...why aren't the supply chain problems being identified to the customers on the web site when ordering instead of orders being placed without notifications.

I asked Brian for a solution in notifying customers and told him how his apathy in responding was not the customer service solution I was searching for. His only other offer was to cancel the order. When I asked for a supervisor, I was told none was available and he didn't have their cell phone numbers. After three systems with Digital Storm, I may be done after this one and this dumb*** customer service reps attitude.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by hicksp002 - 16 Oct 2018 at 1:13pm
gserrano_15 View Drop Down

Quote gserrano_15 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 1:19pm
Same problem. I was told the CPU I wanted was discontinued. I was informed that i had to go with another option. It's fine, but like you said there should be something on the website that notifies
you when a part is no longer available. This is my first purchase with DS. I'm looking forward to receiving my computer and see how it performs first hand.
hicksp002 View Drop Down

Quote hicksp002 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 1:27pm
DS systems perform well, but I'm not sure that the customer service meets the previous standards. Maybe they've grown to big for their britches. As a boutique computer manufacturer, DS customer service previously was second to none.

The lack of communication and ability to keep customers up-to-date is poor customer service but not an indication of the efficacy of their systems.

Other companies have lost their customer base because of the lack of service even if they had the best technological product...

Edited by hicksp002 - 16 Oct 2018 at 1:27pm

Quote gserrano_15 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 1:48pm
I'm giving them the benefit of a doubt. It must be stressful with handling the switch to a new facility, back to school orders and the rush orders for the new rtx cards. Seeing as you are a returning customer you know the capabilities of their computers. I know they will take care of you and make it right.
usafmtl View Drop Down

Quote usafmtl Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 3:05pm
This will be my 2nd system with them. I stated saving for my next one the day my current arrived. I saved up for 4 years to get this monster built. I hope all is well with their move to the new facility.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 11:57am
We're sorry for the delays. Intel has been a royal pain for us lately, and it's due to their lack of supply for processors. The situation has been so bad, that they posted an open letter apologizing to the market https://www.forbes.com/sites/marcochiappetta/2018/09/28/interim-intel-ceo-addresses-recent-supply-concerns-in-open-letter/#be206773da47

If we had known of this issue ahead of time, we would have created systems in place to inform our customers better. We're trying to clean up the mess they created, but it's also difficult due to the custom nature of our business.

On good news, supply is coming in, and we are starting to get control with Intel on production.

We've also been moving to our new larger facility, this will gear us up for the busy holiday season.

I assure you with 100% confidence, the customer experience is always going to remain a top priority for us. These are just some growing pains that we are ironing out. Hang in there, we're getting better and better.

Feel free to contact me directly at any time via email ([email protected]).

Quote gserrano_15 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 6:38pm
Good news!! Thanks Alex!!
hicksp002 View Drop Down

Quote hicksp002 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 12:34pm
Julie from Texas called me earlier this week. She was able to check that my CPU was actually available and there were no other problems with the order. I explained that I just wanted to understand everything and having two different answers within a few hours was frustrating and confusing. I still highly recommend that Digital Storm communicate the facts they are experiencing with their customers...such as large orders at school, moving to a new building, CPU delays, etc.

Knowing is half the battle for customers.
 Post Reply Post Reply