FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Final Build Before Purchase

Post Date: 2019-02-16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ruthless View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ruthless Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Final Build Before Purchase
    Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 9:33am
This is my final build before I purchase just want other peoples opinions before purchase.

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7-9700K (4.9 GHz Turbo) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (RGB Light Bar)
Power Supply: 1000W Corsair HX1000 (Fully Modular)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (512GB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (6TB Seagate / Toshiba)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2070 8GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H115i PRO - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Red - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair HD Series (RGB Fans)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 11:46am
Looks like a fairly strong Velox build with the Pro Carbon mobo, i7-9700K cpu & RTX 2070 that would play most games at high settings for quite a while... nice job! Looks good to me....

You could of course drop to 16gb Ram if you will only be gaming with this rig as more is not needed for that use, but perhaps you need or want 32gb for other more complex computing work?   
The 1000w PSU would be another spot you could cut back, but the 1000w Corsair PSU is a more efficient 80% Platinum rated unit so I’m a fan of that one.   You chose a great Corsair AIO 280mm cooler...why not take advantage of the free Stage 1 overclock on the CPU?    
The Corsair HD fans are good, but LL Series fans are better, and ML Series are the best...and they all can do RGB.   Just stuff to consider if ya need to cut corners or weren’t sure about a choice.

You can look forward to about a months wait right now, so soon the wait will begin...lol!    
Ruthless View Drop Down

Quote Ruthless Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by HockeyBuck

Looks like a fairly strong Velox build with the Pro Carbon mobo, i7-9700K cpu & RTX 2070 that would play most games at high settings for quite a while... nice job! Looks good to me....

You could of course drop to 16gb Ram if you will only be gaming with this rig as more is not needed for that use, but perhaps you need or want 32gb for other more complex computing work?   
The 1000w PSU would be another spot you could cut back, but the 1000w Corsair PSU is a more efficient 80% Platinum rated unit so I’m a fan of that one.   You chose a great Corsair AIO 280mm cooler...why not take advantage of the free Stage 1 overclock on the CPU?    
The Corsair HD fans are good, but LL Series fans are better, and ML Series are the best...and they all can do RGB.   Just stuff to consider if ya need to cut corners or weren’t sure about a choice.

You can look forward to about a months wait right now, so soon the wait will begin...lol!    

Only reason I didn't choose overclock is because lots of people have told me it will die out quicker on me not sure tho and the ram is going to be goin towards streaming/recording also just a safety net same with power supply. thanks for the comments tho wahts your thoughts on the overclocking and will it kill off the cpu quicker?

Also upgraded fans to ML Series :)

Edited by Ruthless - 16 Feb 2019 at 12:15pm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 12:43pm
The K designation on the intel i7-9700K processor means it’s unlocked by intel expressly for overclocking.   Long as you have good cooling like your Corsair AIO unit on the cpu, a nice stable DS Stage 1 or Stage 2 OC isn’t going to effect the life of that cpu in my humble opinion.

There are people who like to use exotic coolants and push the overclocks way way beyond 5.1 gHz , and those folks know they are taking risks with heat & power rates that could use up a cpu quicker.   
I have operated 2 DS Stage 2 OC rigs with intel K processors since 2011, still running fine, and just got a Lumos with a nice mild Stage 1 OC on your same i7-9700 cpu at 4.7mHz...no problems at all.   
You always pay attention to your cpu temps, and that way you are making sure your AIO cooler is working fine & doing its job.

BTW...That i7-9700K is the #2 rated gaming CPU according to TomsHardware cpu hierarchy   https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-hierarchy,4312.html
with the more expensive i9-9900K in the #1 spot.   

If hyperthreading would be important to your planned use, the 9900K cpu has the same 8 cores as the 9700K, but has 16 threads instead of 8. For those of us that don’t need the extra cpu threads, the 9700K is definitely the better deal!

Edited by HockeyBuck - 16 Feb 2019 at 12:49pm
Ruthless View Drop Down

Quote Ruthless Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 12:47pm

The K designation on the intel i7-9700K processor means it’s unlocked by intel expressly for overclocking.   Long as you have good cooling like your Corsair AIO unit on the cpu, a nice stable DS Stage 1 or Stage 2 OC isn’t going to effect the life of that cpu in my humble opinion.

There are people who like to use exotic coolants and push the overclocks way way beyond 5.1 gHz , and those folks know they are taking risks with heat & power rates that could use up a cpu quicker.   
I have operated 2 DS Stage 2 OC rigs with intel K processors since 2011, still running fine, and just got a Lumos with a nice mild Stage 1 OC on your same i7-9700 cpu at 4.7mHz...no problems at all.   
You always pay attention to your cpu temps, and that way you are making sure your AIO cooler is working fine & doing its job.

BTW...That i7-9700K is the #2 rated gaming CPU according to TomsHardware, with the more expensive i9-9900K in the #1 spot.   
If hyperthreading would be important to your planned use, the 9900K cpu has the same 8 cores as the 9700K, but has 16 threads instead of 8. For those of us that don’t need the extra cpu threads, the 9700K is definitely the better deal!

Ok Ill go ahead and go for the overclock might aswell reason im going 9700k compared to 9900k is i feel they will do the same effect for me either way and i dont want to spend the extra $200
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 12:53pm
Same choice I made...you’ll enjoy the build. Going to be a solid rig...!   Gotta post pics here for us when it arrives!   
Let the buyers impatience begin...lol...
Ruthless View Drop Down

Quote Ruthless Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 1:05pm

Same choice I made...you’ll enjoy the build. Going to be a solid rig...!   Gotta post pics here for us when it arrives!   
Let the buyers impatience begin...lol...

I definitely will cause the pc is just the half of it going all out on monitors new mic all you can think about.
 Post Reply Post Reply