Well after two months :-/

Post Date: 2019-05-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
thedemoncowboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Well after two months :-/
    Posted: 21 May 2019 at 3:28pm

Edited by thedemoncowboy - 23 May 2019 at 11:12am
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 May 2019 at 5:55pm
Alex tried... Can’t keep changing your order on them Demon.   
Just reorder your rig with 2X NVLink, let them get it done, and stick to all of your choices this time dude.    
Groupie
Groupie

Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 May 2019 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by HockeyBuck

Alex tried... Can’t keep changing your order on them Demon.   
Just reorder your rig with 2X NVLink, let them get it done, and stick to all of your choices this time dude.    

No but that’s a little harsh in my opinion seeing I got a computer in the first place that was damaged after I was promised by Ronda and John via 20 emails total to watch for issues on my PC.

I have never fussed for both builds taking long as part of it was my indecisiveness and I have never requested to be priority. Yet I still was going to spend another $3000 almost.

I mean Vu and Ronald said that I was too picky for getting a brand new pc with a chip in it and damaged case and should just get refund ... Alex was the only one got involved and said he wanted to make a difference which he has been.

It’s an 11 k computer I don’t want to have to buy another one because it’s such a large investment. I could spend $3,200 less for the same pc from origin yet I still gave digital Storm an attempt.

Am I bummed yes. But what I’m not is a bar person. But I digress. I tried to be helpful on the forums to show my true dedication to DS. Guess in the end it went unnoticed

Edited by thedemoncowboy - 21 May 2019 at 9:38pm
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2019 at 2:08am
Sorry to hear.   It would’ve been an awesome build.     I agree with Hockeybuck, decide for sure what you really need or just want and stick to it. Constant changes, especially in late stages, can be frustrating for the builder.

DS works tirelessly trying to accommodate customer changes , realizing how confusing it can be, but at some point have to lock it in and move on.   

I’ve never seen on the forums, DS give up trying to accommodate a build.   But I’ve also never seen changes to ram and video cards in the final stages.

Good luck.   
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2019 at 2:17am

+1
Groupie
Groupie

Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2019 at 8:01am
I guess shame on me for being excitable and wanting to spend more :sad:
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:24pm
It's truly unfortunate, as I and the team have also spent a good amount of time trying to work with you on your dream PC.

When we finalized your new replacement Aventum, we gave you discounts and special exceptions that we normally don't give to all other customers. Before we started on your order, I asked you twice to confirm that this is final and that no changes could be made once we start.

I understand things change, we tried to accommodate your first change which was a memory upgrade, that was easy. However then another change on the graphics card and cooling system, especially when your unit already made it to QA made it difficult.

We went leaps and bounds for you, and we put your order ahead of other customers that were waiting longer than you. There's only so much we can do, I'm sorry it worked out this way.

As promised in my email to you, we will happily give you a full refund on the system price. I'll follow up with you soon.

Edited by Alex - 22 May 2019 at 12:24pm
Groupie
Groupie

Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:43pm
Not that it matters you could of said no instead of saying yes. This whole thing turned sh*tty, don’t paint me out to be the bad guy and act like I demanded to be put in front of others as I never did and clearly did not ...
Groupie
Groupie

Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:46pm
Guess I can post now how sh*tty my first experience was and the fact that you go to this length to publicly humiliate a customer. You had every right to say no every time. In addition to that I was more than happy to pay the fee to add the memory, there is in no way shape or form that adding an additional 32 GB memory would literally cause the entire production to come to a halt.

I’m insulted that you would even post this, and as someone who looked up to you I am mortified now.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:50pm
There are no bad intentions here, I'm just replying to your posts...
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:10am
Originally posted by thedemoncowboy

Guess I can post now how sh*tty my first experience was and the fact that you go to this length to publicly humiliate a customer. You had every right to say no every time. In addition to that I was more than happy to pay the fee to add the memory, there is in no way shape or form that adding an additional 32 GB memory would literally cause the entire production to come to a halt.

I’m insulted that you would even post this, and as someone who looked up to you I am mortified now.

Adding the ram wasn’t the issue, as Alex stated. Adding another graphics card and changing the cooling is a different story.

Alex was responding to your complaints so other customers understand their position and reason for dropping your build. This is a public customer forum and others should be aware of both sides.

hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:10am
Wow. Talk about a misrepresentation of facts. Nobody here has ever seen that Alex is anything but accommodating and will move heaven and earth to please a customer. On the other hand you can readily determine that you, by your own statements and posts, are not only hard to please but constantly changing your mind about the system's components.

I stated in another post that you would be better served if you build your own. That way you are in complete control of every little detail. It is not that hard. Good luck.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 May 2019 at 3:02am

LOL
bprat22 is too fast.
Big%20Smile
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 May 2019 at 4:53am
You pushed the reset button until it broke. What's so remarkable about this saga to me is that you asked our advice and then went the other way. And now it's Alex's fault?
 Post Reply Post Reply