FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2,500 budget

Post Date: 2018-06-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
machiavelli View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote machiavelli Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 2,500 budget
    Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 4:25pm
Hey All,

Build = 1947770

So I bought my current PC from DS like 10 years ago and its rocking SLI 480GTX and still going strong.  I am ready to pull the trigger on a new build listed below but I really wanted to keep it at $2,500 if I could so I'm just looking for advice on if I can cut back on anything that you guys see.  Also looking for advice on whether or not I should wait for the new cards to come out.  My purposes are mainly gaming, I play overwatch and will be picking up the new COD probably.  I plan on getting some new monitors too if you guys have some suggestions to go along with the new PC below. Also a bit concerned with 600W PSU is that enough?  I have 1250W PSU in my current PC maybe I could swap that out not sure if thats a good idea.

Thanks again for all the input.

Chassis
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Velox

Core Components
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K (6-Core) 3.70GHz
Motherboard: MSI Z370 SLI PLUS (Intel Z370 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 16GB DDR4 3000MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 600W Digital Storm Performance Series (Supports up to an NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU)

Storage / Connectivity
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics / Multimedia
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1080 8GB (Performance Edition) (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H110i GT - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)

Digital Storm TwisterBoost Technology
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.7GHz on All CPU Cores
Boost Graphics Card(s): Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability

Software
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)

Accessories / Goodies

Customer Care
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 15-20 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

Edited by machiavelli - 04 Jun 2018 at 4:25pm
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 1:53am
Hi machiavelli.    build looks good.    If you want to get to your $2500 budget I suggest dropping the overclock and selecting the 8700, non k, cpu.   The added oc won’t help much for most.

You could also select the air cooler vs the H coolers.   Without oc the air cooler is fine.

Depending on your monitor resolution, if it’s a 1920x1080p , you can go with gtx 1070 or 1070 Ti.    The gtx 1080 is if you have 1440p at higher Hz.     

600 watt psu is fine. I personally like 750watt.   Today’s systems aren’t the power hogs and heat generators like in the past.

Hope this helps.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 6:35am
bprat22, as usual has advised you well. One extra point: the Velox case has the window on the right side vs the more common left side. That might not let you enjoy the interior of your rig and the light show. If you switched to the Lumos or Vanquish case, you'd hit your budget without any other changes.
 Post Reply Post Reply