Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
4kvideoeditor View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote 4kvideoeditor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: 4K Editing Machine
    Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 11:53am
Hi,

I am looking for help configuring a machine that can handle up to 4 streams of 4K video for editing purposes. This would be it's primary function as the computer I currently own requires me to edit 3 streams of 4K video at a greatly reduced speed to keep from crashing. My budget is whatever I need to edit in real time and have a 1 hour video not take 3 hours to make it through. Not looking for anything more than will do the job, but getting my time back.....PRICELESS!

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 2:11pm
I don't have any idea what is needed for 4k streaming.    Just didn't want you to think you were being ignored, and hopefully others can help you out.

Let us know.   

Quote 4kvideoeditor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 9:46am
Thank You for your reply....I know this is probably outside the norm for questions on this forum. I was looking at a heavily tricked out Adventum 3 pro....just didn't want to spend 9K if something less would do the job.

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 10:39am
I'm gonna give it a shot and see what you think from your own experience.....

For video editing in general, a strong, more cores are better cpu is wanted.  The 6800k is a six core , overclocked and best bang for the buck.. You could go 6900k or 6950, 8 and 10 cores,  but diminishing returns makes them very expensive for smaller gains in editing.    The 8 core 6900 might be worth the extra money if budget allows.  You'll probably get a higher overclock however with the 6800 , 6 core unless you price this with the water cooling. 

4K loves the gtx 1080 and in sli, its about the best right now without going Titan X Pascal, a much more expensive choice for gains, but not large gains.  The newer gtx 1080ti is about to drop and it might be worth looking into.  How these compare the Quadro I couldn't say.    My guess is Quadro is about precision and depth and the GTX is speed.  

Lots of ram...I picked 32gb , but 64 might be better with 3 streams. 

The M.2 drive is super fast and doesn't have the SATA bandwidth limit.  Some compare HDD to SSD the same as SSD to PCIe, m.2 storage.

Water cooling to keep the cpu nice and cool under overclock, but even the H115i sealed unit would probably be fine with the Stage 1 modest overclock and saves big bucks.  Plus no maintenance.

Configuration Code: 1581508
Total Price with Instant Savings: $5,658.00

Direct Load URL: https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=1581508

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Aventum 3 (ETA Middle of January)
Exterior Finish: Black Metallic Matte Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 6800K 3.4GHz (6-Core) (Unlocked CPU) <br><strong></strong>
Motherboard: ASUS X99-DELUXE II (Intel X99 Chipset) (Up to 4x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 2666MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 1000W EVGA 1000 GQ
Expansion Bay: Option Not Available
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 8x / CD-Writer 8x) (Internal)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 960 EVO) (NVM Express) <br><strong></strong>
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (1TB Western Digital - Black Edition) <br><strong></strong>
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 2x SLI Dual (GeForce GTX 1080 8GB (NVIDIA Founders Edition) (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (CPU Only)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Red Fluid (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm RGB LED Lighting System (Requires Thermal Management Control Board & Software)
Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.4GHz (Depends on Cooling and Motherboard)
Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Factory Reset Feature (Restore Windows + Drivers) (Partition up to 50GB of Storage)
Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 Value)
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 15-20 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

I just threw in the HDD out of habit but staying all SSD is becoming the norm.

As usual, the budget determines  the performance.  This would be a very good rig for the money.

You could run this past the DS sales people.  I'm sure they have lots of experience.

Good luck and let us know.  Big%20Smile

Quote 4kvideoeditor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 12:52pm
Thanks....I'll run this by DS.

Post Reply Post Reply