FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Accessories to make Beats/Bose headsets work w/ PC

Post Date: 2016-01-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jdot View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jdot Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Accessories to make Beats/Bose headsets work w/ PC
    Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 6:42pm
All,

I just learned that my Vanquish 4, level 4 shipped today! (feel free to see my original post on the forums) I'm very excited. So far Digital Storm has been easy to deal with. More importantly perhaps, their fanbase/customers have been an excellent source of information. Since everyone has been so helpful I thought I'd ask here first...

I'm new to gaming computers. Over the last few years in fact I've been predominately an Apple user. As a result, I have acquired two headsets: second generation beats (studio, I believe) and some nice QC25 bose noise cancellation headphones. BOTH sets were specifically designed to work with the iPhone. What I believe this means is that the inline mic for both of them is specifically designed to work with iPhone and Macs.

My question is: What, if any, accessories (cords/adaptor?) do I need to make either/both set work with my new pc so that I have full audio and mic capability? I want to make sure I order and have said accessory here by the time the Vanquish arrives.

Thanks all!

Josh
Josh
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 8:37am
Hi Jdot,

I see no one answered your post so I will try to give you a little help. I don't know much about the plugs on your headsets and Apple is anal about doing things different. I suggest you take your headset to a Best Buy store and see if they will help you with what you need. Sorry I can't be a bit more precise with my answer but don't own a iPhone or Mac. I would think the iPhone would take a special plug.

Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply