FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cleaning question?

Post Date: 2015-12-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ninonocae View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ninonocae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Cleaning question?
    Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 12:13pm
I got a vanquish 3 level 3 and I love the casing, but i'm confused as how i should clean the front grating. It's got this wonderful dust filter but the filter is covered by the grating and whenever I try to blow compressed air for computers in either way the dust just gets caught in the grating. Is there a way to remove the grating temporarily to get the dust out? So far it seems to be fine with the tiny amount of dust I can remove, but I feel like it'd be better with more dust removed.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=1218245
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 2:34pm
if you're talking about cleaning the front intake area you need to pop off the front plastic fascia.  remove the side panels first and then you'll find the retention clips (3 on each side) inside the case frame to remove the front panel.  just be careful with the amount of force you use.  they should be fairly sturdy, but you don't want to break them.  i don't think there are any wires connected to the front panel, so you should be able to just pop it off and lift away.  it will expose the fans and you can then clean off the front panel mesh very easily. 

on the bottom of the rig, you have dust filters that slide out fairly easily for cleaning.
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 2:54am
Hi Ninonocae..

I, too, have the Vanquish in the Corsair 230T case. I've posted a number of times on taking apart and cleaning the filters, etc... let me try to get some links on this reply...

Step by step with no pictures... http://www.digitalstorm.com/forums/how-do-i-open-and-clean-my-vanquish-lvl-4-tidf24355-kwffascia/

Here's one with pictures of the clips and tabs that db188 referred to... http://www.digitalstorm.com/forums/removing-dust-from-the-mesh-filter-on-vanquish-tidf22849/

Now, as I've mentioned earlier, as that front fascia is all one plastic piece with the mesh glued on, I take it off and run it under water to get all the little dust bunnies out of there. Just make sure that it is completely dry when you put it back. (PSU filter too.. underneath)

Hope this helps. Enjoy your machine.   
 Post Reply Post Reply