FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Constant Adjustments on the site?

Post Date: 2017-05-07

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ashkir View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ashkir Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Constant Adjustments on the site?
    Posted: 07 May 2017 at 10:21am
Nearly every single time I find something I like on the main website, especially under the Vanquish line it is gone by the time I am ready to make the decision and purchase it! Digital Storm has some AMAZING computers, like the Aura, for example. But it is way out of my budget. I strongly need to stay within my budget.

Budget:
Under $1500. The lower the better it will be for me. :)

Expectations:
Be able to play Guild Wars 2 or World of Warcraft at "Good" quality graphics or higher. And to be able to support a second screen for Discord, or Netflix.

I also need this computer to withstand being able to play games when the temperature inside my house is at 85 degrees. I live in a desert. 85 degree indoor weather is normal for my area.

Usage:
Planning to play World of Warcraft at Good graphics (higher is nice too) while watching Netflix.

Special Needs:
Probably liquid cooling? Due to my hot environment.

Saved Ticket #: N/A

Specifications:
[Please Type Here]
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 May 2017 at 10:43am
I see what you mean about the vanquish being changed regularly.   This new change, assuming its what it is and not being tweaked , has gone back to pre-built setups with little or no parts selection.   The plus side of this is the bigger savings for the customer over a custom setup.  Best bang for the buck.

Here's what I would suggest for your budget and assuming you game on a 1920x1080 monitor or less.   The gtx1060 will play those games the way you want, even better.

Configuration Code: 1657991
Total Price with Instant Savings: $1,392.00

Direct Load URL: https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=1657991

Specifications:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Pre-built Digital Storm VANQUISH 6 - Level 3
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700 (Turbo Up to 4.20 GHz) (Codename Kaby Lake) (Quad Core) (Not Overclockable)
Motherboard: MSI Z270 PC MATE (Intel Z270 Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)
System Memory: 16GB DDR4 3000MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 600W EVGA
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x) (Internal)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD (240GB Digital Storm Performance Series)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 1: High-Performance Copper Heat Pipe Cooler
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled LED Lighting System (Multiple color options and lighting effects)
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Boost Graphics Card(s): - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Factory Reset Feature (Restore Windows + Drivers) (Partition up to 50GB of Storage)
Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 Value)
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 15-20 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

The air cooler is all you need for the i7-7700 without the added overclocking.   Your ambient 80's F room temp are fine.   A liquid cooler wouldn't do any better in a warm room since they both use fans to blow the ambient air over the cooling fins to maintain the temps.   

Hope this helps. Big%20Smile
ashkir View Drop Down

Quote ashkir Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 May 2017 at 12:19pm
I really liked the choices so I can upgrade what I wanted. :3 The games I play don't need super high end graphic cards, so I was thinking of doing that AMD and get an SSD with the savings. But it appears I cannot do that nor downgrade!

Thank you for that above build. I'll take a look around to see if anything grabs my attention again. <3

I thought about the entry level Slade as well or the Bolt. Are those good options?

I have a rather small desk. I can fit two large 24" monitors on it. But, it has no room for a computer on the ground by it, I'll be keeping it on the desk behind the monitors. I was thinking maybe the Bolt would be ideal?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 May 2017 at 12:44pm
The Bolt is an excellent pick , giving the customer all they need in a somewhat smaller package.   Only restriction is no sli, meaning 2x graphics card, but that's getting less common and not something you'd need.

Whatever Bolt you pick, I would get the 600 watt psu, not the 400 watt that's defaulted in some setups.

The Vanquish is about $200 or so less expensive for the same performance, but it also doesn't give you any selections.
ashkir View Drop Down

Quote ashkir Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 May 2017 at 12:49pm
Thank you! Do you happen to know how large the Vanquish is?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 May 2017 at 12:54pm
The Vanquish is...21.65 L x 8.27 W x 17.32 H.    If you hit "more info" under each selection you'll get the specs, etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply