FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corsair 600Q and MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

Post Date: 2018-01-25

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Imperius47 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Imperius47 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Corsair 600Q and MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
    Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 6:51pm
I was thinking about getting the Slade 2 with the Corsair 600Q case and MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC motherboard combo. However, I've read and seen videos that this motherboard has problems with the rear I/O cover being too large and obstructing the rear exhaust fan with some cases. This causes the fan, when mounted in the case, to press on the motherboard which obstructs access to the ports when the I/O shield is attached. The only way around it is to leave the I/O shield off, which I don't want to do. I would bet that DS wouldn't choose a case where this would be a problem, but I still figured I would ask here just to be sure.

Edit: Also has anyone heard of this being a problem with the ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING motherboard? Both of these seem like great motherboards, but the MSI is cheaper and will still fit my needs. Also, would anybody recommend the Asus over the MSI? I just want to get my build right. Thanks.

Here is a link to a video that illustrates the problem. Skip to 4:15. youtube.com/watch?v=7xE9-YQzTu8&t=319s

Edited by Imperius47 - 25 Jan 2018 at 6:54pm
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:30am
Good question. Ask DS thru email or call them.    DS wouldn’t install without rear shield.    

Let us know what they say.    
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 11:37am
Just saw an issue with the Slade where the rad fans on the H115i conflicted with the case fans. Front mount seems to be the only option in that case. The Slade pic shows rad fans that seem to be identical with the case fans, but don't know which AOI cooler it is. Might want to check that out. (See Technical Assistance/"Fans closest to front fascia don't run")

On the other issue, the exhaust fan is mounted toward the bottom where it may not interfere with the I/O

Edited by Cretae - 27 Jan 2018 at 11:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply