FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DIfference between vanquish level 3 and 4

Post Date: 2016-11-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Joseph88772 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Joseph88772 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: DIfference between vanquish level 3 and 4
    Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 11:17pm
Hey all, sorry for all of these questions. You might have seen me all over this forum lately, but that is because I'm finding this community really helpful in helping me finalize my configs Big%20Smile

I was wondering if there will be any overall noticable difference in performance between these two vanquish configs that I'm deciding on. Also, is there any hidden differences? Both of these configs have almost the same components except for the cooler.

Vanquish level 3 1524873     

Vanquish Level 4 1525154

Basically, one of the only differences that I know of is that level 4 has the liquid cooling while level 3 has some air fan that I know nothing about. I did email digital storm earlier to try and find out what the air fan is and if it will be safe to have them overclock it any, but I haven't heard back yet. While I'm waiting for their response I would love to hear thoughts on all of this from members or people with more experience with overclocking than I am. Do you think I should set the option for them to overclock to 4.4 ghz with level 3? Or should that only be in the realm of level 4?

I would definitely get the level 4 but I'm very uneasy about the liquid cooler and pump life. The air fan in level 3 would most likely be more reliable, but it might not be as good to overclock with. I don't care for any major overclocking though and I will probably only let professionals do it for me rather than try on my own. I doubt I will ever want to go higher than 4.4 ghz.

Besides the liquid cooling is there any hidden differences between level 3 and 4?
For example, do they put a different motherboard in 4 than 3?

Can Level 3 still maintain almost as much performance as level 4?

Questions galore

Thanks to veteran members for putting up with my questions Strong
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 4:30am
Hi Joseph88772,

The big difference between the level 3 and level 4 is the GPU and what monitor you will be using. If you are going to use/stay with a 1080 resolution monitor then the level 3 GTX 1070 will do the job. If you are going to use a monitor with a 1440 resolution then the GTX 1080 is the better choice.

The water cooler used in the level 4 is a closed loop unit and requires no maintenance. It may give you a few degrees cooler performance than the air cooler if you OC. The OC that DS uses is not high and can be removed in the BIOS if you don't like it. It is nice to have that little bit of extra performance that the OC offers. You can be assured that the OC that DS installs will work fine with the components of your build. The wouldn't offer it if it was a problem.

Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply