Digital Storm Experience

Post Date: 2016-12-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
johndeniel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote johndeniel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Digital Storm Experience
    Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 9:17am
Hi there everyone! I'm just a bit curious on such things and I've read a few reviews and articles about DS and it's products and so far of course there would be negatives over positives and whatseover. But far from your experience, how many years have you had your pc and what's it's condition like have you had any problems or issues along the way or it's a really good and reliable buy. Please tell me about your own experience and I'm looking forward to hear about it and I would really appreciate it by now and then.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 9:39am
Welcome Big%20Smile

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the Customer Reviews forum, and as for my own experience with Digital Storm, click either (or both) of the links in my signature. Nutshell: I recommend them. Strong
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 9:45am
I've had my rig for 5 1/2 years and its been great.  It shipped ground from the west coast to Connecticut and arrived in perfect condition,  No shipping concerns.

In year 2, the ODE 600T case's fan control failed.  I received a new one, free, from Corsair and replaced it.  Not a DS problem.  They don't manufacture the case.

On year 3 the video card, gtx 560 failed.  Again, not DS's fault, they test them but don't make them.  They did however give me excellent service, verifying my troubleshooting and sending me a stronger card as a free replacement all in a day or two. 

My power supply failed.  Once again, its a Corsair and no way for DS to test it for long term use. Out of warranty, I just replaced it myself. 

The build quality was excellent.  

Their customer service, from my experience,  has been great, Alex even getting back to me on a Sunday and customer tech reps calling me to get the info needed to ship me my new card.  

There will always be complaints, no matter what company, but its how they handle the customer afterwards that keeps me supporting them.  My post count wouldn't be what it is if not. 

Hope this helps. Big%20Smile

Groupie
Groupie

Quote johndeniel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 9:49am
I've read and seen your yearly update and I'd say it's really fascinating and impressive that your rig has been great with no big issues at all over the past long years that you owned em. Thank you so much I really appreciate it. And now I'm so hyped and pumped for my ordered Vanquish pc to get here   
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 9:50am
Hi johndeniel,

I do wish to express that 90% of our customers won't go and post a review or spread the word because they are happy with their purchase and received what we promised. Especially because I'm sure many customers are quite busy with their lives.

We do love and cherish when our customers take the time to write about how awesome their system is.

A lot of times, when a customer is upset or frustrated, they will vent their frustration and seek help. This is where you will find complaints or issues.

There isn't much for you to worry about buying from us, I'm confident to say you'll be impressed and happy. If things aren't positive, we're here to help and all that we ask is to give us a chance to make things right.

All purchases come with a 30 day refund that starts when you get the PC. Don't forget, you also get lifetime support and a warranty.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote johndeniel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Alex

Hi johndeniel,

I do wish to express that 90% of our customers won't go and post a review or spread the word because they are happy with their purchase and received what we promised. Especially because I'm sure many customers are quite busy with their lives.

We do love and cherish when our customers take the time to write about how awesome their system is.

A lot of times, when a customer is upset or frustrated, they will vent their frustration and seek help. This is where you will find complaints or issues.

There isn't much for you to worry about buying from us, I'm confident to say you'll be impressed and happy. If things aren't positive, we're here to help and all that we ask is to give us a chance to make things right.

All purchases come with a 30 day refund that starts when you get the PC. Don't forget, you also get lifetime support and a warranty.

Thank you so much for your response and I'm really looking forward to a great product and experience with the Vanquish pc that I've just ordered last week. Can't wait to get my hands on em. I'm expecting a really good and rock solid performance within my pc because that's what DS promised me and I'm really looking for to it
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 10:04am
Originally posted by bprat22

I've had my rig for 5 1/2 years and its been great.  It shipped ground from the west coast to Connecticut and arrived in perfect condition,  No shipping concerns.

In year 2, the ODE 600T case's fan control failed.  I received a new one, free, from Corsair and replaced it.  Not a DS problem.  They don't manufacture the case.

On year 3 the video card, gtx 560 failed.  Again, not DS's fault, they test them but don't make them.  They did however give me excellent service, verifying my troubleshooting and sending me a stronger card as a free replacement all in a day or two. 

My power supply failed.  Once again, its a Corsair and no way for DS to test it for long term use. Out of warranty, I just replaced it myself. 

The build quality was excellent.  

Their customer service, from my experience,  has been great, Alex even getting back to me on a Sunday and customer tech reps calling me to get the info needed to ship me my new card.  

There will always be complaints, no matter what company, but its how they handle the customer afterwards that keeps me supporting them.  My post count wouldn't be what it is if not. 

Hope this helps. Big%20Smile

This looks a lot like a review to me. Hahaha
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 10:13am
Tidgxor, you're right.  Hahaha 

OK, got my 5 1/2 year review done.  LOL

Whew, feel so much better after your marathon reviews yesterday.. Big%20Smile
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 10:20am
my former pc from them i bought back in late 2012, has been running perfect ever since i turned it on. No issues.
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
Ariktu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ariktu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 10:31am
Got my Digital Storm system over 3 years ago.

I have only had one part fail which was the Seagate 1 TB hard drive.

I have replaced other parts on my own that I wanted to upgrade.

I moved from a 120 GB SSD to a 512 GB SSD, from a GTX 670 to a GTX 970 GPU.

I did also redo the thermal paste recently on the CPU not because the computer was not running fine but to lower temps.

I have been very happy with the performance of the computer and other than the Hard drive failure nothing else has so far failed.

I still game on the computer almost daily. My little 3570k at 4.2 Ghz has worked like a champ.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote johndeniel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 10:32am
Originally posted by ArkansasWoman777

my former pc from them i bought back in late 2012, has been running perfect ever since i turned it on. No issues.

That's a very good thing to know So excited for my pc. It's been 4 days since my order was processed yet I'm still in stage 1. Well it's no big deal. I can wait
Groupie
Groupie

Quote johndeniel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Ariktu

Got my Digital Storm system over 3 years ago.I have only had one part fail which was the Seagate 1 TB hard drive.I have replaced other parts on my own that I wanted to upgrade.I moved from a 120 GB SSD to a 512 GB SSD, from a GTX 670 to a GTX 970 GPU.I did also redo the thermal paste recently on the CPU not because the computer was not running fine but to lower temps.I have been very happy with the performance of the computer and other than the Hard drive failure nothing else has so far failed.I still game on the computer almost daily. My little 3570k at 4.2 Ghz has worked like a champ.

That's really impressive and I would give that a very big thumbs up!! Thanks for your response I appreciate it
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 2:51am
johndeniel, welcome to the forums and to the DS Family. I, too, can attest to the quality of the Vanquish. I have had a Vanquish 2 for almost 3 years. Even with the GTX770 that is still running strong in it, I have been able to run dual monitors and every game I play looks and plays fantastically.

I have upgraded the RAM to 16G and am currently looking to upgrade to the GTX 1070, but I have had no problems with the machine whatsoever. (OH! I tell a lie, one of the LED strips on my case fan is out, now I only have 7 and not 8! )

Also, if you can register your forum email as your ordering email (exact match) you can get the "Verified Customer" badge.   
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Snaike

Also, if you can register your forum email as your ordering email (exact match) you can get the "Verified Customer" badge.   

Also, also - Snaike can give you any title you'd like, plus blue stars, PLUS the verified customer badge, plus discount codes on DS rigs.

Don't let him tell you otherwise. Bprat told me he can.

LOL

Edited by Tidgxor - 31 Dec 2016 at 10:06am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Tidgxor

Also, also - Snaike can give you any title you'd like, plus blue stars, PLUS the verified customer badge, plus discount codes on DS rigs.

Don't let him tell you otherwise. Bprat told me he can.

LOL

Dang it, now I'm in trouble again.  LOL      Gotta love it. Big%20Smile
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 12:51pm
Let's see... now where oh where is the demerit button for these two? ... hmmm.... is this it?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 1:00pm

Let's see... now where oh where is the demerit button for these two? ... hmmm.... is this it?

As long as you leave my stars alone.   
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 3:10pm
Pfft, they are just yellow stars. Ninja
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 3:43pm
Hi johndeniel,

I bought my system in March 2010. I have never had a problem of any kind. I have never talked to DS for any reason. I ordered it on line and it came exactly as I ordered it. I never talked to any sales person. I didn't change the Video card until 2016 and only because it just got too old, but still worked. My over clock has never caused a problem and always worked. It couldn't be a better system.

Frank
oldlady RPGer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids

Quote oldlady RPGer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 11:12pm
Well.

I have bought 5 computers from DS. Hubby and I each have 2. Friend has 1.
Mine are a Syndicate(2011) and Behemoth(2015) laptop. They don't make those models anymore(hurumph). My Syndicate is a rather large 18-18-18-18 cube that looks like a Borg ship but it is really the "cube skull".
The cube was my first computer from DS. Problems? Lost two Intel SSDs which wasn't there fault. My fans got old so replaced them(I have 11) and that wasn't DS fault. Still running strong with a I7 990x Extreme, 680 classified GTX, 2TB SSD/HDD, Sabertooth X58, LC, 18 RAM, and lots of red, purple, blue extras. and Skulls.
My laptop is absolutely the highest end DS had to offer last year. I have a review about it in the reviews area.
BOTH those systems run fabulous. I've never had an issue with my laptop yet. It has SLI video cards that have never overheated like some people have had issues with. I'm a huge gamer and use my laptop a lot. Boy is that laptop nice for gaming. Woohoo.

Ok my Hubby has the first gen Bolt and a DS laptop. And I don't remember what year I bought those. His Bolt only had one issue as we couldn't get the WiFi to work but I got a really good dongle so WTH.    The laptop has never given us an issue. My Hubby uses the Bolt all the time.

So we love DS and will continue to buy from them in future. The customer service is what sold me. I don't buy cheap and have learned over my many years that customer service for me IS the important thing. Having had many systems from a company with 4 letters and horrible, horrible service...never again.

Did I just do a review?   

Edited by oldlady RPGer - 31 Dec 2016 at 11:14pm
Me sitting my ECMO in PICU. Now you know why I like LC. ;)

Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 11:51am
Originally posted by oldlady RPGer

Did I just do a review?   

Looks like it to me. Hahaha

All these reviews popping up lately, we're an industrious bunch. LOL
Groupie
Groupie

Quote johndeniel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 9:12am
Originally posted by FrankW

Hi johndeniel,

I bought my system in March 2010. I have never had a problem of any kind. I have never talked to DS for any reason. I ordered it on line and it came exactly as I ordered it. I never talked to any sales person. I didn't change the Video card until 2016 and only because it just got too old, but still worked. My over clock has never caused a problem and always worked. It couldn't be a better system.

Frank

That is very sick maaaan! I love hearing these kinds of experiences, it boosts my confidences towards my upcoming gaming pc
Groupie
Groupie

Quote johndeniel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 9:14am

johndeniel, welcome to the forums and to the DS Family. I, too, can attest to the quality of the Vanquish. I have had a Vanquish 2 for almost 3 years. Even with the GTX770 that is still running strong in it, I have been able to run dual monitors and every game I play looks and plays fantastically.

I have upgraded the RAM to 16G and am currently looking to upgrade to the GTX 1070, but I have had no problems with the machine whatsoever. (OH! I tell a lie, one of the LED strips on my case fan is out, now I only have 7 and not 8! )

What a great performance of that Vanquish of yours. Very slick man. And also thanks for the tip! You guys rock
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 9:54am
Congratulations and welcome to the community.Awesome If you think DS rocks wait 'till you get your system ,it will rock you.  Strong 
Big%20Smile
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 11:24am
Agree re: rocking of the hurricanes from DS rigs. Strong
 Post Reply Post Reply